CH 3: You are not them.
1k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You are not them :

There was someone familiar in the group that was conversing with the goddess...

He was a friend. He had moved away to a different country a few years ago.

Seeing the old friend, multiple emotions coursed through.

The memories that seemed worthless, that were long forgotten resurfaced once again. It was nostalgia hitting at once.

I never thought I'll see him again. And yet here he was....

It's going to be one heck of a reunion... when he notices me, that is.

I came out of my reverie when a woman from the group ahead raised his voice against the goddess. 

  

"Goddess Helastia, but I am just an ordinary citizen. Sorry, but I can't do this, saving-the-world thing."

Another one spoke up, "We can't fight this devil that you speak of. We also don't have powers that could compare to you or the apostles. In fact, most of us have lived peaceful lives before coming here.", said a woman, looking in her forties. 

"Are you stupid old hag, this is all to save our own world! Get the fuck outta here!"

"Yes, he's right. Man! Stop being a pussy!"

The goddess was calm as the people's opinions clashed. After a few moments of silence, she cleared her throat. And just then the entire hall became quiet.

"Yes~, I agree that you all have lived peaceful lives before coming here. But you are not ordinary people. That is because we goddesses have been working hard to create such a world. But now you all are not ordinary. At least not anymore. Without you, all the hope that the people of this world have put on me and Campions will fade."

She put her hands on her heart as if she was in great pain. "There will be countless innocent casualties if you refuse your duty. To prevent all that, you must fight the devils. You were all chosen. Chosen by All-father. How could someone, who got noticed by All-father be ordinary?... As for being powerless. All-father must have already bestowed some special power to each and every one here. So most of you must be already stronger than any ordinary soldier here. And also, by increasing your level, you will become strong enough to battle a hoard of monsters on your own."

"But, I don't wanna fight! I just wanna go back to mamma!", says a teenage girl in the middle of the crowd of almost 20 people. 

The goddess closed her eyes and shook her head, making a sorrowful expression.

"You have my apology, however, I can't allow you to leave. The fate of the world is at stake here. I was, also sent here to nurture this world. A Medician, to help this world face the cruel illness it is suffering... And you are my medicines."

Well, that's everyone knows. According to the history of this world, this world was once infested with great evil, humans were living in their dread.

No one knew how the evil, devil, or whatever you called it, came to this world. But humans were too powerless against them.

Their goal is to consume this world to spread darkness in not only this world but in all of the universe. Our world acts as a prison as well as the breeding ground of that source of evil. 

Even with normal skills and magic, humans were too powerless against that evil. 

All-Father couldn't stand his children's suffering, so he sent goddesses and apostles into this world. 

But goddesses were too powerful to exist in this world so, most of their powers were sealed. But even if an apostle or a goddess, killed the Devil, he would simply transfer his soul to the body of the one that slew him, yielding no result. The devil's soul was compatible with divine entities.

And so, All-Father bestowed a select few humans with divine-level skills and a power-leveling system, to help them grow their powers. 

The purpose of the goddesses changed, instead of slaying the devil they had to help the Campions grow in power. 

And in the end, the Campions slayed all the devils.

But even if the evil was defeated, he doesn't die. He's simply reborn. But at least this way, the humans can live in peace till he rises again.

 

"But still, why are we here? It doesn't look like we are the chosen ones, we are separated from that group, after all." I whispered to the eyepatch girl.

She looked at me, and just stared for a few moments, before opening her small mouth. "I... don't really know."

'Is she nervous?' I thought.

 

 

As we waited the people then inquired the Goddess about the powers she told, was given by 'All-Father' to them. 

She beamed with an angelic smile that melted every boy's heart and begins the explanation. A few girls gave a cold eye to their boyfriends and the boys turned their gaze with a sheepish grin.

"Let me explain your powers, Chosen Ones. The powers you are given are based on a level system. They grow stronger the more you increase your level. Almost everyone of you, possibly have your own Unique Skill too, which can only be possessed by one unique individual. You can see your level and skills by saying the word 'status'." She paused and stared down at them from the majestic platform. 

Giving us time to grasp what she just explained.

The busty Goddess looks at everyone. Her gaze falls on me, I turn my gaze away from her while blushing a bit.

'Damn! Isn't she a little too beautiful?'

 

As I was standing in the back, I wondered if saying "Status" make that screen appear once again or not. I recited the word and the same grey-transparent screen flashed in front of me. Seeing me mutter the word, the girl beside me also said the word. 

The Apostle behind us didn't seem to care.

[ ]

      NAME: = Jack Anderson      

      AGE: 17

      SEX: Male

      RACE: HIGH HUMAN

      ORIGIN: EARTH-818

      TITLE: The !@##$!*

                                    

      LEVEL: 1

     PHYSICAL STATS :

      HP: 6/6

      MP: 10/10

     STR: 0

      DEX: 1

      DEF: 0

      AGI: 1 

      LUCK: not defined

      ABNORMAL STATE: none

                                     

      SKILLS:

      Disintegration lvl 1*

                                    

     BLESSINGS:

     Linguistics*

 [ ]

'Woah! It opened! My status screen!'

"Hey, I have a system too, just like the goddess said," I said to the girl.

"Me too, me too!" She responded with excitement laced in her voice.

'Ah! Now I get why the goddess called us here, we have the same power as them too. So, I am a Campion too? Hmm.'

'But still, why are we being separated...'

"Aren't we Champions too?" I looked at Eugene.

He smirked and shook his head. "You misunderstand, boy."

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

But I was once again ignored.

 

And so I shifted my focus to the system screen.

'Hm, my stats look fine for a level one beginner, luck is not defined, huh. At least HP should be above or equal to 100... heh, maybe it's just average beginner stats of every new playe.. uh.. 'Campions '. 

'Woah!! My skill! fucking finally! I got to see my skill's name!'

'Disintegration, eh. Sounds cool. I wonder how it works?'

"Ooohhh! this is just like a game." Someone from the Campions group said.

"I know, right! Fanty world Online has the same kind of status interface!"

 

'Hm? What is this star mark above the skill and blessing? Should I touch it?' 

As I was going to touch the star mark, Goddess Helastia clapped her delicate hands, getting our attention. I turned my head back to her.

"Now~ Since all of you have a different amount of strength and growth rate. It is not wise to plan a uniform training regime for all of you. Therefore, we shall grade you in Appraisal Pond and thus, determine your unique training methods." 

"Um.., w-what is t-this training regime you s-speak of?" asked a girl with shoulder-length blonde hair. 

  

'But... it felt like she was invisible just now. It felt like she came out of nowhere....' I thought as I noticed her.

"Hmm? Oh!~ that will be decided by your instructors. Your instructors are the Apostles themselves."

'Heh!.. looks like the Goddess didn't notice her too.'

"Now, we shall depart to the Appraisal Pond."

Saying so, the Goddess pointed her arm in a random direction and opened the same kind of cloudy bluish-black portal.

Everyone was bewildered to see a portal forming in front of them. The Goddess asked to follow her, they were reluctant to enter something so eerie looking but Goddess Helastia assured them that it was alright.

"Now~ everyone, follow me inside!"

When the Goddess turned, I felt a tiny tinge in my heart... 

'I don't want her to go...'

'Is this what you call love at first sight...?'

I noticed that her waist was quite thin, glorifying her wide buttocks and juicy thighs. That glimpse of her thicc-juicy thighs that I could see from the slit in her dress was such a tease!

The group began to follow the beautiful Goddess inside the portal. Seeing them, I also stepped forward, but an arm on my shoulder stopped me. It was the Apostle, Eugene. 

He shook his head in denial... 

He meant I wasn't told to follow. 

He meant I'm not a part of that group...  

'Of course, for a moment I forgot that I am not with them. Then why the hell have I been summoned here?'

Everything was really confusing.

We have yet to engage in a conversation with that Goddess. 

 I looked beside myself, towards the girl wearing an eye patch to see how she was taking all this. 

'Hm...'

I guess she's doing just fine, seeing that nonchalant expression plastered on her face just as always.

'Still though, why are we being excluded from going to that Appraisal pond or something? Aren't we supposed to be Champions too? We too have the system that the goddess talked about... Uh... at least I do.'

  

 

 

LIKE it if you liked it and do comment if you want.

 

 

31