Questionable questing 4
134 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alternate title: Injustice shall always be punished!

.

.

"What the fuck is going on here!!" Harry roared as he walked rapidly in our direction.

Once he came close enough to see us his face changed at the sight of the old man.

"What are you doing here you degenerate and how did you get in? I blacklisted you!"

Hearing the word blacklist the old man was enraged and shouted

"How dare you blacklist me you bastard!  This was not your solo achievement and even if it was why wouldn't I be invited"

Harry knitted his eyebrows and said

"You still wonder why you're blacklisted when most of the team is dead because of you? And you're not even admitting the guilt? You may have escaped jail time using some filthy way but that doesn't mean I'll accept you here you scum!!

After he was finished bellowing at the old man Harry finally noticed me and Gwen in the scene and his face paled from fury when he saw the red mark on my face.

Twitching from fury he said through gritted teeth

"You even laid your hands on children you scum..."

He suddenly grasped the old man by his collar and threw him across the ground before quickly mumbling something into his wrist.

Then he quickly kneeled in front of me and looked at me with concern before saying

"my dear ben are you okay? I am so sorry this happened can you tell me if you are injured anywhere? "

I just calmly shook my head and said

"No professor, he didn't do anything other than slap me and I hardly felt it so it's okay. I am sorry for disturbing your party."

Harry's eyes widened and he shook his head at my reply and said

"My dear boy what are you saying? You're the victim here not the aggressor it's okay as long as you're alright"

He suddenly stopped and looked behind me and I felt someone crash into my back before small soft hands crept from behind and hugged me then I heard a small delicate wail in my ears as Gwen softly muttered

"Imsorryimsorryimsorry i am so sorry ben if only I'd held my mouth and didn't provoke him he wouldn't have hit you, why did you take my place? I am the one who should have been hit! , not you.. oh god I am so sorry!"

she just repeatedly said sorry and kept crying but I didn't want her to wallow in misguided self blame so I turned and returned the hug while gently saying

"Gwen, it's okay and I would do it again if I went back in time, I can't have my little cousin suffer now can I?"

Gwen just inaudibly muttered something like "I am not little" but I didn't hear it very clearly and she didn't repeat so I just let it go and continued gently patting her back.

Just then another commotion happened as a group of 8 bodyguards came rushing our way.

Professor Harry looked at the just now standing up old man and they immediately went ahead and apprehended the dizzy man,

The old man was surprised by the manhandling and struggled futilely against them

"What are you doing? Do you know who i am? I will have you fired for this!! No, I will have you dea…..."

His shrill shriek wasn't completed though as a blur came rushing and next thing that happened was that the old man was blown back almost 10 meters and in his place was grandpa who stood there with an extended arm which ended with a bloodied fist and an enraged face…..holy shit grandpa's awesome!

"Fucking scum.."

He whispered under his breath but was loud enough for me to hear him.

Then he walked towards me before lifting me effortlessly and pulling me into a hug.

Boy am I loved today.

"I am so sorry I left you alone ben are you okay?" he said with an extremely somber voice

I just laid there in his arms still surprised by how effortless that carry was but then I remembered my current status and broke out of it.

"Grandpa don't be like that it's okay there's nothing you could have done and I really didn't feel anything at all"

Why did they make it sound so serious it was just a slap?

I conveniently ignored how enraged I was at the thought of Gwen taking that slap.

I truly wasn't accustomed to being the target of someone's concern after all.

Grandpa was stumped a bit by my reply but just shook his head.

He then put me down but still held my hand and we turned our attention to Gwen.

Grandpa also carried her with that same effortlessness and comforted her but gwen quickly shook her head and said.

"Grandpa nothing happened to me , in fact, I was the one who escalated the situation by provoking that old bastard but Ben took my place at the last moment sniff"

she once again explained the situation but it seemed like the tears weren't over yet as she cried again.

Grandpa just stood there in frustration at how such a nice evening was ruined for them by some random bastard.

But I still had hopes of turning the night around though because the main mission still hasn't failed yet and so I started thinking about it and in a few moments I figured out a way to turn it around.

I let go of grandpa's hand and walked towards Harry who was talking with the guards that were left while the others carried the old man and the bouncer away.

Speaking of the old man, that punched grandpa planted in his face hurt him gravely as I sneaked a look at him and saw his face very bloodied with a lot of teeth missing and a crooked nose.

I called out the professor who was chewing out the guards for allowing the old man to slip by when he was blacklisted.

"Professor!"

I called out to him and he turned his head to me and then said something to the guard before making his way towards me and kneeled down to talk to me….was I that short that you had to do this? ...Nevermind.

"Yes, ben ? don't worry I will wrap this up immediately and accompany you all to somewhere more comfortable and will definitely make it up for you …. This party is over for me" 

I figured out how important this party was for him from the snippets I heard from the guests so for him to throw it all away for some children he just met? It seemed like his relationship with grandpa wasn't just a simple friendship, or he was just that pleasant a person.

"No professor, there's no need to be hasty. I would like to ask you if it is possible to take Gwen with you when you ascend the stage?"

He quirked his head in puzzlement at my suggestions before suddenly understanding my proposal and nodding his head but then his eyes widened before looking at me more closely.

"Ben what about you? You were affected way more here.. I mean err..." he suddenly realized that he was reminding me, a child, of 'painful memories'.

I understood his situation though and just smiled and said

"It is okay professor because I am a delinquent and am used to fighting and getting punched."

Harry's eyebrows suddenly shot up in surprise at the word delinquent and looked at me in shock, whether because I was a delinquent or admitted that I was one I didn't know.

After a few awkward seconds of silence, he suddenly spoke up

"Okay my dear Boy but I believe Gwen would feel better with you by her side."

Really? Huh….. yeah she would so I just nodded in agreement. I felt relieved that he understood that I wanted him to focus on Gwen though I unknowingly created a weird misunderstanding.

Harry just looked at me in wonder but I just ignored his expression since I achieved my goal and turned around to go back to my family.

Honestly, this whole situation was very overblown because no one was injured gravely … at least no one important but I understood that we are still children, well at least gwen was and as such we weren't supposed to be anywhere near such a situation much less have it happen directly to us so the concern of the adults was somewhat understood when that was put into consideration.

Suddenly I heard another commotion but this time with the professor as the culprit as he loudly addressed the surrounding audience who didn't bother to intervene in the situation.

"Attention everyone who's currently in earshot!"

And with that everyone around us looked at the professor.

"I have memorized each and every one of you and since you can currently hear me it means that you could hear the old degenerate bully these two innocent children yet didn't step in at all and so since that is the case none of you will ever be invited into an event hosted by me or even an event that I attend"

The people were shocked and seemingly enraged at the disrespect but the professor acted like he didn't notice anything as at all.

"Now while you will not be invited ever again I will not have you all kicked out as you didn't directly contribute into the accident but let this be a lesson to all of you that whether by action or inaction…..injustice shall always be punished!!" he finished with a dignified expression.

....I am genuinely starting to like this guy.

5