8 A new world of colors and sounds
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally I had an idea of what to do before I exploded. Finishing the seal and before it could expand again I struck my own dantian with a distortion. I compressed it as hard as I could and waited to die...but I did not. I let go of the distortion and I was happy to not instantly explode. I instantly lapsed into a fitful sleep only vaguely aware of five day and night cycles. When I began to fully wake such pain assaulted my eyes that I can not even fully article just how grievous it was. Slowly I began to process what I was seeing. The sun now radiated two colors at the same time, purple and yellow. Gumei was awash in it, so many colors of red, purple and blue I could never see before and so loud. The very planet itself now chirps like a bird as the purple collides with the Earth. It is so hard to focus, so loud! I head for water and wash myself. The headache is intense and seeing these incredible colors when I open my eyes only makes it worse. Slowly I calm before noticing my reflection. My eyes have been altered intensely. My sclera have become the same color as the mysterious glowing stone I used. My fingernails and toenails have also taken on the same coloration, the meat underneath a much stronger jet black color. No pink flesh remaining on hands which I find somewhat alarming.

 

A cut to my finger reveals black meat and no blood, I realize my heart has not beat in almost a minute. With some great exertion I force it to beat and feel a fire burn my entire body. My marrow has reached 100%. I have reached the second stage of marrow cleansing. Blood is now being produced by my new marrow, maybe four drops of black and glowing green blood circulate visible through what little remains of my old blood, sheering and tearing my veins as it does so. I fall to the ground, I just don’t have the blood to move. I focus as best I can on generating blood and every time I gather strength I eat as much of my rations as I can. After about a week I have enough blood to stand. 

 

There is no more pink tissue left on my body, it has all stained black and my face has become shockingly attractive, almost unsettlingly, supernaturally so, with a light green to my complexion that grows with exertion. My musculature is also much more dense, no longer breaking under the weight of my bones. It is chalk white with lightly glowing green or pitch black veins that are only visible with close observation.My dantian is the most altered, still pea sized, it is a yin yang symbol covered in the seals I painted, but the seal on the green half has become black. It is also an actual Dantian now rather than a sealed chunk of primal chaos. I couldn’t remove the seal if I wanted now and I am happy about it. 

 

A punch now turns trees or stones into an explosion of powder. With my crises seemingly averted I can turn my attention to coming up with some techniques, one of which will be simple.

 

As some of you may have guessed, he's describing seeing and hearing in the electromagnetic spectrum and the "rock" he painted his core with was a chunk of radium. We see here the binding of the two central challenges I gave myself as a writer here. A xuanxia involving qi powers beyond the usual ice, fire, lightning fair while also having access to something we have only recently grappled with in modern society culturally and thus this ancient main character has to grow and learn of it's phenomenons and applications with none of our knowledge. I am also using this as an excuse to educate myself further on radiation. I understand this may be confusing or difficult to some readers and I certainly appreciate feedback or suggestions.

0