Drachenmagd #28
425 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mephistopheles' Whisper

“Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann... Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann... Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann...”

“Uhhhnn...”

His hands curled, taking in... grass? Yes... grass... grass and soil. It dug into his palm and got under his nails... and it was so very moist... and so very cold. He shivered... then he shook... then he found himself leaning over, falling upon his side. A slight 'thump...' noise echoed out upon doing so... and his brown eyes finally opened up.

“Huh?”

He saw... red? The skies were... red. Burning like fire, with clouds black as smog. And yet as he reached out for the crimson skies overhead, he did not feel warmth emanate from it. No, it was as cool as night, with an unsettling wind blowing around him. Groaning to himself, the young earl sat up from his leaning position, gazing upon his immediate surroundings.

He was in a ravine of sorts. Craggy cliff sides hung around him, with some rocks and stones falling over its edge. The grass was not green here, but instead a purple color that made everything look both majestic, yet also ominous. It coaxed a shiver from him, but in spite of his fears, he worked himself up onto his feet, standing tall in the center of this darkened land.

Where was he? How did he get here? Had he not gone to bed last night in his royal mattress? What were these clothes? These were not his pajamas, but something you'd attribute to a scientist in the 1700s. He tugged at it, for some grass and dirt had tracked upon its surface due to his brief writhing, but then his gaze focused forward.

This ravine he stood in seemed to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

And on...

And on...

And on...

And on and on and on and on and on and on...

“Mother...” Sebastian whispered as he placed his hand upon his head, groaning as pain suddenly surge through it.

The darkness at the end of the ravine beckoned to him, called out to him. He reached out for the shadows, only to pull back in a defensive manner. No, he needed to--

“Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann...”

Huh? Someone was... calling out to him? Right, that was the voice he awoken to... and a voice he had heard in the past before. Taking a step towards the darkness, he felt drawn to it. Someone out there wanted him, and he wanted them as well...

He wanted her...

He began marching into the distance, stumbling upon unsteady feet as he got used to his body once again. The closer he drew, the softer the ground became, with his feet eventually sinking down into moist, bubbling mud. It was this eerie and disturbing green color, with brown seeping about it in blotches. Its smell too made his nose curl, forcing him to bring up his arm in a defensive manner.

But Sebastian pushed on, wading through the muddy waters as the eerie voice in the distance continued her beckoning wail. And like a moth attracted to a flame, he continued his singular trek towards her, not caring for his surroundings, or what any of this may entail.

Just that voice... that voice...

“Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann... Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann...”

He had no idea how long he had been stomping through this marshland, but in the end, it mattered not. Coming to a complete halt, Sebastian's eyes befell a marble entrance within the side of the ravine, one leading into absolute darkness. He gazed into this void of light, not scared by it... but intrigued.

And...

“Ssseeeeeebaaaaaaaaassstttiiiaaaaaaaaann...”

His endless gaze into the darkness was finally met by the color green. Two glowing green dots suddenly appeared within the shadows, locked on his position and unwavering. At first, Sebastian retained his lost and squint-eyed expression, but then he felt... oddly at peace. His expression grew soft, his lips curled into a smile, and he held his hands out to the odd creature within the shadows.

It did not hesitate.

A sudden gust of wind funneled around Sebastian; like he was caught in a slipstream of some sorts. Twisting and turning and coiling around him, Sebastian found himself in the presence of a woman... a woman whose entire lower half was that of a snake. She grasped him in her serpentine lower half, coiling like a wild boa constrictor. It pulled him in, hugging him up to her form, especially her beautiful and womanly upper half. At first Sebastian was confused, but then as the woman squeezed upon him, he felt oddly safe. She snuggled him towards her bust, lovingly stroking her hand along his head like one would do to a child... or a pet... or a doll.

“Sebasstiaaan...” the woman cooed, “My sweet, cute Sebastian... truly... you are one of a kind...”

Pulling away from her bountiful bosom, the young earl looked up into her face, curious to who she was. His gaze met the soft face of a young woman. Her eyes were green and sullen, her hair was long and silver, and her expression was... tired, to say the least. But she had this smile on her lips, this soft, kind smile, that lulled Sebastian into a sense of calm.

From her body, she emitted this odor of cackling fire and sinister sulfur. But... he liked this smell? Yeah... he liked it. It brought him a sense of calm and relaxation that was matched by only his maids. In fact... when he looked at this woman, he swore he saw glimpses of his servants.

A little bit of Mylene here... a bit of Selene there... some Nadine here... Faline... and Adeline... mmm... Emiline... Carmeline... Rodeline too... Larsine of course... and Katherine... and lastly Igrene... especially with those green eyes of hers...

“Ahhh...”

Like a precocious child, Sebastian reached his hand up, gently placing it upon the woman's face and cheek. Her demure smile spread out wider as he touched her, and she basked in the feeling of his soft and smooth hand against her soft and smooth skin. He stroked his fingers and thumb upon her feature, marveling at her, and causing her to blush more and more.

Closer and closer the snakewoman brought Sebastian, to the point that their faces touched. She rubbed against him, coaxing a groan from the both of them, only to then stop and pull away.

“Faustus,” she whispered, moving in to the point that their noses met, “You'll give it to me, right?”

“Give it... to you...?” he whispered back, mesmerized as her green eyes glowed.

“Yes. It... you will give it to me, right?” her eyes closed and she rubbed up against him, giving a groan of absolute desire, “I can... I can have it, right? Yheeheheheheh... yesss... I can have it, right? You'll give it to me...”

“What are you... talking... about...?”

“Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. I want it. I want it. I want it. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. I want it. I want it. I want it. Giveittome. Giveittome. Giveittome. Iwantit. Iwantit. Iwantit.”

Mephistopheles, I--”

“Giveittomegiveittomegiveittomegiveittomegiveittomegiveittomegiveittome...”

“What do you--”

“Iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit...”

“Haahhhhaahahhh...”

Her fingers began pressing into his mouth, her deep, breathy moans filling the air around her. He groaned around her digits, lathering them in his spit as he coughed slightly. That didn't stop her from stroking his teeth, his tongue, his gums, his everything. And she enjoyed every moment of it.

“Perfectperfetctiocitonperfectiotnionperffeccttionnpeerrrfectttiooonnnn!!!” she remarked, her glowing green gaze growing greater and greater, “Perfepcectperpefpfcerpfpecperrrffecttionnnnnn!!!”

“Acckkh!? Grrrghahahah! Kaaaah!”

“Giveittome! Letusbreed! Giveittome! Iwantit! Giveittome! Youaresocute! Giveittome! Iloveyou! Giveittome! Giveittome!!! GIVEITTOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT!?”

But she didn't answer. Instead she used the tip of her tail to start removing his clothes, undressing him down to nothing. Sebastian did not fight against her, for even with that frenzied look on her face, he felt a sense of calm. All the way up until she said – in a soothing, calm, and sweet manner no less...

“I want your soul...

And when she said it, its like he suddenly came rushing back to reality. He pulled away in some attempt to free himself of her grasp, but she forced him in place with her superior strength. The shivering shower of brimstone scents also began increasing, blotting out his nostrils. He felt his body growing weaker in her grasp, but he never stopped fighting! He pressed his hands up against her shoulders in some attempt to force her back, but she did not break.

Her green eyes... her overwhelming scent... her powerful hold; there was no escape from Mephistopheles. And at some point, yes, he just... gave up. He grew slack in her hold, but his horrified expression remained on his face. Gazing into her face, he met her green eyes and her crazed smile, and it suddenly felt like they were in a vacuum. All Sebastian could hear was their breathing...

And her question...

“You will give it to me, right? I want it, yes? I can have your soul... okay?”

He lingered on that question for a few moments too long... as if he was actually entertaining the thought of it. Something about Mephistopheles made it difficult for him to just say 'no'... and he didn't understand why. It hurt his chest just thinking about it... but before he could answer, she stated,

“I have given you the utmost pleasure... all I want is your soul...

“I remember...” he whispered in response, his hand once more meeting her face, stroking it in an appraising manner, “There was this old house outside of my grandparents house in Riverside.”

He closed his eyes, envisioning it. His grandparents had a lovely two-story house, one they had lived in for over two decades according to them. It was the house his mother and his aunt were born in. On some quiet, country back road in the middle of scenic nowhere.

And yet...

Behind the house, nestled in a forest he used to explore as a child, there was a building long since abandoned. They always said a ghost was in that building, and that at times, you could see eyes gazing at you from between its planks.

One day when he visited his grandparents with his mother as a five-year-old, Sebastian was playing with a ball in their backyard. It went bouncing and bouncing... when the wind suddenly pulled it along. And like a stupid toddler, he followed until he saw the skewed, broken planks of that forgotten building. He picked up his ball, held it in his hands... gazed forward and...

“Faaaaaauuuuuusssssttttuuuuuuuusssssss...”

He swore he saw green eyes staring back at him.

“I have loved you since the moment you were born. I have longed for your soul since the moment it was created. So... can I have it? Give. It. To. Me.

“Gahh... Mephis... topheles...”

Brown eyes opened up, seeing not the face of a half-snake, half-human woman... but instead the sealing of his bedroom. Sweat was oozing down his form, and his heart was racing. What was that? Oh... a nightmare... aaaahhh...

It was just... a nightmare... haaaaaah... and yet...

Sebastian felt foolish. For all the time he had spent here at the estate, his focuses have been locked squarely upon his father's diary. And now that he has it – and Heinrich's diary to boot – he found himself even more trapped than he had before. Ironically, reading his father's feelings towards him and his mother was not the liberating experience he was hoping it would be... not when it brought to life a new fear that continued to haunt and taunt him.

The drachenmagd whom he held nothing but love for – and who loved him back at a rate of infinity – were also the very beings who would bring his soul to their mother. And this fearful reality he now lived in, trapped within the halls of his brilliant estate... it ate away at him. From the very beginning, did he ever have a chance at escape? Did he ever have real power? Or was it all an illusion?

Huh...

Shift! Shift!

“Hm?”

Following his conversation with Igrene last night, Sebastian went to bed, his mind racing with a myriad of thoughts. Said thoughts were stowed aside for now, for he felt a sudden shifting upon his bed. Stretching up, his ears picked up the familiar giggles of a certain someone... which honestly had his heart fluttering. It was that time of morning, so of course she would be here.

And yet... the typical joy he'd get from such a situation was noticeably subdued. What's the point of being happy when he knew what would one day happen to--

“GOTCHA!”

“Guah!?”

The covers billowed, arching up as a certain Black Dragon held them above her head. Her purple eyes gazed down upon Sebastian's face, her womanly lips curled into a saucy grin as his blankets hung over her head like some sort of veil. She was resting atop his body, the weight slightly pushing him down, all the while he looked up at her with somewhat dulled surprise. She didn't seem to mind however, and her smile grew to the point that it seemed to radiate a warm glow.

“Good morning, Master,” Selene said sweetly, her tail slithering around to gently stroke his face and cheek, “Did you sleep well?”

“I uh... I... hm...” he muttered back, ultimately nodding, “Yeah... I think I did... I guess...”

“Ufufufufu! Lovely to hear, Master,” the Chamber Maid said, her tail retreating as she sat up on him once again, “I've come for your morning bath! You've... been bathing alone as of late, and I've missed you so...” her expression wilted momentarily, before returning to that bright glow, “So I came to spend some time with you! I know you want your privacy, but I also know you adore having a strong, firm hand to guide you! So I'm here to be that strong, firm, guiding hand! Ufufufufufufu!”

“Uhhh... y-yeah...”

He struggled with his maids, truthfully. Selene was... well, Selene was being Selene. She wasn't acting any differently, wasn't acting stranger than usual. If anything, he was the one acting strange, and hr shifts in personality if they occurred, were in response to his very own shifts in personality. So for her to be here in the morning despite his sour mood, well...

It was clear to him that Selene was trying. Like Larsine, Mylene, and Faline yesterday during lunch, she was trying. She wanted him to go back to normal, for things to return to normal. For the both of them to just enjoy themselves within the vast and endless pleasures of the Faust Estate.

But its that same enjoyment which would reduce his spirit to nothing.

It was hard to separate these two things. Enjoy the obvious love and warmth his maids give him, or dismiss it and leave. But when he looked up at Selene, got lost in those purple eyes, he felt her warmth resonate within him. How she cutely held his covers over her head, the silver glow of the gray morning peering through his windows to illuminate the both of them. Her body covered in an elegant black and red robe that hugged her form, coming up to her neck, though its seam was parted in the middle to flaunt her cleavage.

You know what? That's something that... Sebastian had always enjoyed about Selene; how much she adored her body. The Black Dragon was always very egotistical, even when compared to someone like Adeline. At least Adeline had this sweeter side to her that he could expose every now and then; not so much with Selene. She adored whatever praise lobbied at her, of particular note, her chest, which had to be the largest size when compared to her sister.. though the jury's still out on whether or not she's larger than Adeline.

There's just something about that – something about how she gleefully flaunts her bust – that always made Sebastian smile. But now, even when she brought one hand over to rest it upon her chest in a blatantly exposing manner, the young earl felt... distant. His eyes looked away and his mouth gaped slightly, a soft sight escaping him.

That did not go unnoticed, and Selene's hand dropped, her expression too folding into a forlorn manner. But she would not let that keep her down. In fact, she tensed up, vowing to bring her beaming and cute Master back. After all, he had not sent her away yet, had he? No! So while he may look and act depressed, there was some side of him that still desired the company and warmth of his beloved maids. She just needed to bring that side to the forefront!

“Come, come, Master! Ufufufufu!” Selene said, smiling gleefully in an attempt to bring life back to him, “Let's wash you up! There's no way any self-respecting drachenmagd would allow their self-respecting Master to let a day go by where he is not cleaned!”

“Uhh... y-yeah... sure,” Sebastian said, not really having the energy or power to fight her off.

She guided him onto his feet, pulling him off the bed and leading him to his bathroom. Yet Sebastian continued to be despondent, following along but not having the lively movements he used to have. That didn't stop Selene, in fact, it doubled her resolve.

Leading him into his opulent bathroom, she used her slithering tail to turn on the lights above. She then rushed past her Master, heading to the bathtub in order to fill the basin with hot water. All the while, Sebastian stood by, mouth still agape as that lost expression adorned his face. He listened as the water poured into the tub, even heard Selene gasp slightly, but his gaze was locked squarely on the distance. He stared at nothing, he felt nothing... and then the gentle, nursing hand of Selene's traveled to his.

Gripping him softly, the Chamber Maid uttered not a word as he brought her Master to the front of his tub. She then gently grabbed him, her hands stroking his flat stomach in an manner akin to worship. Yes, that's something else Selene did at a step above her sisters; the devout idolization she had when it came to him and his body. Her hands stroked upon him in alternating movements, before coming up to unbutton the cotton pajamas he wore. One, by one, by one, by one, until the garment was loose and she could pull it right above his head.

She then moved on to his pants, pulling them down without any fight, any fuss. Usually he'd joke around, perhaps say something akin to 'I can take my clothes off by myself'. She'd giggle back, playfully banter along the lines of 'Yes, but where's the fun in that, Master?' All the while, she'd continue removing his clothes until he was naked.

By now, there was none of that. The actions were all the same, but the personalities were different. Sebastian continued to be distant and aloof, his visage not shifting at all. But that did not stop Selene, nor did it slow her. Instead she stroked her hands up his body once more, bringing them to his face. She then tipped his head as she cradled him near, her lips moving over to kiss his cheek. The gentle touch of her lips against him brought a sigh out of Sebastian, and he raised his left hand, placing it upon Selene's head to hold her near and dear. Whether he did this purposefully our out of instinct, well, it matters now.

He only found himself focusing on the sound...

Chu...

Again...

Chu...

And again...

Chu...

And of course, there was the feeling of it. The soft and smooth plumpness of her lips as they pressed to his cheek. She was kissing him far slower than she usually would, taking her time to explore and enjoy his body. Her arms possessively hugged him in close as well, while her loving assault continued on uninhibited. And Sebastian? Well... he continued clutching Selene close, desiring this intimacy, wanting it...

But knowing it was wrong.

“I have to... wash,” he muttered, pulling himself away from the Black Dragon as he did so.

“Haaah... r... right, yes, Master,” she replied with a nod, “Let's... clean you! Ufufufu!”

She was trying so damn hard! Tiptoeing on eggshells, Selene did her best to not agitate Sebastian in any way. But, fuck, did she want to just shower him with kisses! To hug and snuggle him in close! To cradle him until all he went back to normal. Anything, anything, to bring him back! To make him smile! Seeing him so depressed pained her!

But she held these feelings in, instead focusing on the bathtub before them. Nudging Sebastian along, she allowed her Master to dip into the warm waters at his own pace, while she herself focused on collecting his wash clothe and soaps. Grabbing a rag in hand, she focused her gaze upon their many jars of lotions, asking,

“Which soap would you like today, Master?”

His response...

“I'm not really sure... uhh... w-whichever you like...”

It's not unusual for Sebastian to not know what soaps he wears. Sometimes he's sure he wants apple, or cinnamon, or vanilla, or lavender, or just something sweet; it depends. But for him to be so... lifeless with his answer? That was completely out of the norm. Selene didn't wish to engage with some playful banter with her Master upon hearing his answer; that's how dry it was. It left her feeling even worse now than before. Which in turn drove her into thinking of more drastic measures in order to bring her Master out of the funk he was trapped in.

He sat down in the tub, the waters up to his neck, his expression drowned in darkness. Eyes hollow, lips slightly agape, body tingling from the warmth; everything he did lacked the usual life and vibrancy they typically had. Even when he first came here all those months ago, Sebastian was not as down as he was now.

Tugging gently at the seams of her robe, Selene read his forlorn visage, her heart continuing to waver. It caused her movements to grow, sporadic even, losing her typically flawless skills as she instead scrambled about his jars of soap. They clanked and slid against one another due to her accidental movements, but the Chamber Maid was still focused enough to focus on one such soaps. The pumpkin smelling ones; hopefully the smell of them could at least warm his body.

“Over here, Master,” Selene called as she walked over to his back, the jar of pumpkin in hand, “Just sit back and relax; I'll do all the work.”

He didn't respond. In fact, all the Black Dragon got from her Master was a subtle and slow nod. So subtle in fact, one could have even missed it. But Selene saw it, and the way he emoted, or, well, how he didn't emote, spoke a thousand words. No decisive 'yes', not even a slack 'yeah'. Just... a slow nod.

Her expression grew tense, but she didn't show it to her Master. Reaching down to grab the soaps in hand, she applied it to the wet rag in hand, imbuing it with suds and then bringing it down to her Master's body. Gently she began stroking his form, applying the soaps lovingly to him... and getting no response back. Sebastian was stiff, moving only when Selene pushed into him. Otherwise he just laid there against the edge of the tub, leering ahead thoughtlessly.

No longer did Selene speak, knowing her words would only fall on deaf ears. Where's the fun in hearing one talk to themselves anyway? She already missed their morning conversations, desiring any sort of closeness from her beloved Master. But what can she do that would bring that out of him? Oh... wait... that's right. He did react to her kisses, so...

With pumpkin-smelling soaps cascading down his body, Selene walked around to the front of her Master, posing before him in a gleefully expressive manner. Both of her hands rested upon her hips, and she was bending over to flaunt the bountiful beauty of her breasts. How large they were, how curved, how soft, and how lively. All of it...

“Ufufufuf! My, my, Master! I love your eyes on me...” she brought her hands up, tossing her black hair up, “It excites me! It makes me just want to eat you up!”

Usually, such words would be nothing more than playful, sensual banter. The number of times Selene... well... all the maids mentioned how 'delectable' he looked, and how they loved comparing him to food, couldn't be counted on hands alone. Usually Sebastian chuckled and played along, no longer being as scared by such words as he once was.

But now with his lingering doom hanging around in his head... well... hearing such naughty words had the exact opposite affect on him. He tensed up, even appeared a bit frantic... but Selene continued on. Did she not notice how her Mater was acting, or was she hoping that her erotic display would irk out some sort of positive response from him?

Yes...

Her hands dropped down to the sash of her robe, undoing it and causing the garment to fall slack on her shoulders. Her naked body revealed, Selene allowed her robe to fall more and more on her body, eventually dropping it completely so that it could pool around her feet.

The erotic nature of her body, the familiarity of it, Selene's alluring smile and radiant purple eyes: they all mixed together to clam Sebastian down. The thoughts of her actually eating him were placed to the wayside, while the Chamber Maid took step after step towards him. Her feet dipped into the waters first, followed by the rest of her body as she came in close. Her tail also slithered over, grasping the jar of pumpkin-smelling soaps, where she tipped it over, pouring it all along her naked form. It's not Mylene's special brew, but the warm scents still enthralled him. And when her arms grabbed him by his shoulders, he was brought slowly in to her, embraced by his drachenmagd's endless love for him.

She snuggled him close... and after a few moments, he began snuggling back. As if driven by instinct, Sebastian brought his arms up, hugging into her. His nostrils flared too, taking in the scent of pumpkin mixing with Selene's body odor. That delicious scent further flowed straight to his mind, calming him down, relaxing him... and his eyes began closing.

But when they closed completely... he saw...

Shadows... darkness... red... hellfire. It made Sebastian's body shiver, and he swore Selene's body was changing beneath him. He felt not the smooth flesh of her body, but the coarse shell of scales. The warmth of her body was replaced with this chilling coldness, and even her breasts felt as hard as uncomfortable as rocks. Her voice too – which was once humming soothingly... was replaced with this sinister cackle. But above all – above all! – he no longer smelled her sweet body odor, or pumpkins. He smelled... brimstone... sulfur...

He smelled Hell.

This horror began flowing through him, swelling from his chest and up to his head. His heart began racing and his eyes opened, his nostrils flaring once again. Selene's odor had only increased, which in turn caused that disgusting smell of hellfire to increase as well. He began pushing back against his Chamber Maid, but... she held him in close, almost refusing to let go. Her grip, her powerful, tight grip... it just wouldn't release him. If this was any normal day, he'd play it off as Selene being Selene. She loved hugging him near like he was a doll, and would never hesitate to let him know about it. But now, there was this desperation to her hold, a desperation to keep him near and dear, and to never let go.

She just... wanted her Master back.

But he was fighting back against her grasp, grunting and groaning as his hands pressed into her. She kept holding him, despite his obvious attempts to rebuff her. But it wasn't until he spoke that she finally released him.

“GET OFF!”

Oh... wait, 'spoke'? No... more like yelled.

Hearing his voice roar at such a loud octave, Selene pulled away, her expression shocked. He could see the pain in her eyes, even the trembles of her body. She opened her mouth to speak, but Sebastian wasn't having it. In fact, he began pushing against her, his teeth grinding against one another and his eyes screwing shut. She reached out for him, but his hands pressed into her chest, pushing her more and more where he shouted out,

“GET OUT!!!”

“But Master, I--”

“I SAID GET OUT!!!”

That second shout shook Selene again, her forlorn expression blatant on her face. And when Sebastian looked up at her – peered between the slits of his eyes – he read that sad, hurt visage. And it choked him. He gagged briefly, regretting his choice of yelling at Selene, but not so much that he took it back. He just needed to be alone, and having realized this, the Black Dragon slipped out of his tub. Bringing her bathrobe along with her, she rushed for the door...

And yet...

“I'm so sorry...”

Then the door closed behind her, leaving nothing but tiny blotches of water in her wake. Without her there, the air took on a quiet, lonely feel to it. Chilling too, despite the warm waters he sat in. Running his hand through his blond hair, Sebastian felt no different now than he had when Selene was there. No, he honestly felt worse, for all he could see was his Chamber Maid's forlorn expression as he yelled at her.

But...

How is he supposed to feel? What does one do when the ones they love are the cause of his pain? Selene was there, acting like... Selene! Nothing she did was out of the ordinary, and yet it all felt so wrong. Sebastian... Sebastian...

He didn't know what to do anymore...

His mind was beginning to be filled with these... dangerous thoughts, ones he'd never entertained before. These thoughts that had his hands twitching with this violent... malicious intent behind him. He felt lied to by all the things the drachenmagd had done with him, all whilst hiding their true nature behind them.

But even while knowing this, he felt ashamed of himself. Selene was still Selene... and he loved her so very, very much. He loved all of the drachenmagd so very, very much. They were trying to bring him back to normal, trying to placate him.

But... but...

“Haaah... I just don't know what to do...” Sebastian muttered to himself.

“Nnnghhaaaa! Yuuuummiiiii!” he groaned, his blue eyes wobbling, “Haaa! Please slow down! I caan't! I caaaaann't!”

“Why should I listen to anything you have to say!? You're stupid cock is mine now!!! Just sit there and be raped, dumbass!!!”

Her irregular tone caused Peter's eyes to snap up to Yumi' face, where he saw that his dominate and cool mistress was gone. Her delivery of voice helped teach him this, but the face she had on now solidified it. Gone were Yumi's sultry eyes and cocky smirk, having been replaced with something decidedly... monstrous.

One eye was wider than the other, though both of them remained on his face. Her mouth was also wider, though still smiling, with drool luridly hanging from her lips. White-hot breaths escaped her mouth as she panted so heavily, all whilst riding his cock harder and harder and harder.

“Haaaahhhnnn... so gut... sooooo guuuuuuuuut!”

A stuffy warmth resonated between Faline's crotch. Her legs were twitching, this barely restrained desire making it hard if not outright impossible for her to think of anything but self-pleasure. One hand held up her risque novel, the other her hand slid between her sumptuous thighs to gently tease her moist womanhood. Strands of nectar bubbled from the surface of her panties, making her thighs glisten and fingers as well. All as the air around her was filled with her aroused odor.

A kooky smile spread slowly over her lips, her mind bringing the sordid fantasy on paper to life. Usually she loved it when a woman was dominated, but hey, even Faline likes to mix things up from time to time... though, she'd always prefer to be the submissive bottom whenever she was participating. Although... the idea of being fucked in a public shower room does sound enthralling...

Whump!

“Faahhnnn... huh!? What!?”

Her eyes snapped over, her book dropping as she suddenly came face-to-face with Sebastian. Her Master stood at the doorway, hand resting on its frame as his brown eyes met her brown eyes. She looked disheveled, her hair a bit messy, her glasses skewed, and this noticeable sweat permeating her brow. Quickly her hands darted about her body in blurs, smoothing back her hair and resetting her glasses so that she could appear presentable.

And yet... Sebastian's response was tepid at the very least. Or, no, not even tepid; there was no reaction from him. He remained aloof and stone-faced, even as he walked through the library up towards her counter to stare her in the fast.

“Guten Morgen, Master,” Faline said as she regained her professionalism, “Is... something the matter?”

“No I just... uh...” Sebastian looked away, gazing upon the vast annals of his library.

Decades... no... centuries of knowledge flowed through these halls, both of this world and others. Somewhere in all of this, there had to be the information he sought. But he didn't want Faline knowing exactly what it is he was looking for. So he instead asked,

“Do you have any more books by my ancestor, Johann?”

“Books by Johann? Ah! But of course, Master!” Faline replied, taken aback though brimming with excitement upon his request, “I'll have you know that Master Johann had a hunger for knowledge matched only by his father, Heinrich's. We spent many hours together in these halls learning with one another, and I helped hone his notes, I'll have you know!”

“Uhh... r-right...” he looked at the library briefly before snapping his eyes back, “Um... so... can you tell me where they are?”

“Huh? Oh, right!” she pushed her glassed back up her face, and then stood up from behind her desk, “This way, Master! Oh... but ummm...” a blush adorned her cheeks, “Would you like it if... I put on my collar and leash? We could... you know... ummm...”

Like Selene before, Faline baited Sebastian with some iota of normalcy. Her smile, her demure expression, the glint in her brown eyes; he could read the same desperation that her sister had. But like the Chamber Maid before, Sebastian wasn't in the mood for any thing of the sort. He just wanted to get searching for what he had in mind next. So...

“Uh... n-no... not this time, Faline,” he stated, causing her lewd mannerisms to drop almost instantly.

“Oh... okay...” she whispered in a defeated manner, “Well then.. just follow me.”

Sebastian nodded, following closely behind his Librarian as she took lead point. And, yes, her downtrodden feelings towards the situation were blatant on her body. She was slumped over slightly, clutching her erotic book close to her chest, and her tail was sliding against the ground. Once more, Sebastian felt the pangs of guilt ricochet in his heart, but he remained firm on his path. Following behind Faline, he finally arrived at their destination.

Johann... was a smart man. A smart man with a lot of time on his hands. With the endless wealth of the Faust Estate behind his back, he was free to spend his time indulging in that which he loved; his ever pursuit and documentation of knowledge. Stepping into this aisle however, one would think Johann was a lunatic. The number of books he had on so-called 'mythological beings' wouldn't look out of place in the background of a cryptid's playhouse! Johann wrote about everything as if it were real, no matter how outlandish. From mystical beasts like vampires, to full on deities like Thor, he treated everything as if it was incredibly real.

There was a lot to unpack here... but Sebastian's focus was straightforward.

“Here is Johann's lane,” Faline announced as she stepped to the side, “Do you need any help finding anything specific, Master?”

“Uh... well... n-no...” Sebastian said whilst shaking his head, “I... I don't need any help...”

She leered at him, desperate for something more... substantial than that. She even reached her hand out for him, only to pull back. There was nothing she could do against his words.

“Okay... well... enjoy yourself, Master,” Faline said whilst stepping back, “I shall... return to my desk.”

He nodded, standing still and watching as she slowly made her leave. When she slipped from view, his eyes locked upon the endless lane of books before him. He felt wrong going behind their backs like this... but that was quickly stuffed aside. The drachenmagd were hiding secrets first! So what if he's sneaking around behind them? He was allowed to; he was the Master!

He was the Master...

Stepping ahead, the young earl scanned the variety of tomes his ancestor penned. It went on and on and on; two bookcases on both sides littered with his words and his words alone. Once more, Sebastian wondered why his family held such knowledge to themselves... only to second guess himself. In the greater science community, Johann would have probably been seen as a madman, even in the early 1800s where these books would have been made. Who knows; maybe they were published, and just stowed away as nonsensical pseudoscience.

Once more he needed to focus. He knew if anyone had information on the drachenmagd other than the drachenmagd themselves, it would have to be a curious man like Johann. To him, the likes of Igrene and her sisters would have been a force he grew up with, so he had to jot down his information somewhere in here. Sebastian only hoped that it was left untouched by Faline and her manipulative hands.

Faline... and her manipulative hands... just thinking that made Sebastian gag. He hated thinking ill of them all, even now. And yet he pushed on regardless.

His eyes ran along every book in this searching, scanning, looking, looking, looking, looking, looking, looking--

STOP!

One book stood out from the rest. It was old, yet meticulously taken care of so that it would not wear down into dust. Its spine had a red serpent slithering along its side, bringing to mind the very same woman the estate as a whole seems to be based around. It had no name on its side, but upon pulling the large book out from its slot, Sebastian ran his eyes along its title.

'Die Einzigartigen Korper Der Drachenmadchen'

Or...

'The Unique Bodies of the Dragon Maids'

His fingers trembled as he held the book, opening its up in order to read its foreword. And... yes, no mention of Faline anywhere! These words were all Johann's, even if they were contorted by the 'love' of the drachenmagd. Whatever was in this book... maybe it would help Sebastian learn just what his servant were.

Dragons? Maids? Demons? Lovers?

Haahh...

Within this book... there was everything. If anyone ever needed a plethora of information on the drachenmagd, it was here. Antiquated in some areas yes, for they have changed in the past two hundred years, but they were not that different. For one thing, in this book its stated that Carmeline once had long hair, and often wore lederhosen. Nadine had longer hair too, and going by the sketches, her horns were shorter. Myelene meanwhile seemed to be the exact same, save for her hair being shorter. Adeline was much the same too; being drawn with her trademark pout of annoyance and all.

Along these pages, Johann detailed things that... Sebastian already knew. His maids many likes and vices, their true dragonian forms, their hive mentality.

Wait... whoa... hive mentality?

The Drachenmagd appear to have a mentality not unlike those of honey bees. Through mere eyes sights alone, the can trade information much like how bees dance. In these gazes, they learn and debate with one another at near sonic speeds.

In my youth, I remember times getting in trouble around the estate. I would get caught by one maid, only for the information to quickly spread among all of them at impossible speeds. If Carmeline catches me sneaking sugar cane, Igrene will reprimand me before the end of the night.

The drachenmagd have... a hive mentality? Sebastian's not that surprised, since information gets spread among them at an incredibly quick pace. But reading it out further left Sebastian feeling unsettled. The amount of information they trade is no doubt... head spinning. But it also goes to show how united they were in the act of keeping him here. It wasn't just Igrene leading them, or Faline manipulating old words, no... it's all of them.

Igrene, Faline, Mylene, Nadine, Carmeline, Rodeline, Adeline, Emiline, Larsine, Selene, and Katherine. He kept trying to make excuses in his head, trying to say 'Okay, maybe Igrene is bad, but not Emily' or 'Nadine's not in on it, she's just the chef', but no... no... no... no! No more of this! It wasn't like Igrene was the odd one out; they were all in this together.

They were all focused on keeping him here...

His stomach continued to toss and turn, making him worry if he would once again vomit. But he kept it in, and even more so, he kept reading the pages of the book before him. Pages turn, he came to a section detailing everything about,

Pheromones...

The Drachenmagd all have a unique signature in the form of the odor. Growing up, I always believed they were wearing a certain kind of perfume special to them. As I grew older however, I came to realize their bodies naturally emit these odors. Mylene for instance smells always of lemons, while Nadine smells of sea salt. It makes it incredibly easy for one to pick one of the Drachenmagd out of a line up, if one knows what they smell like.

But even more curious is the way pheromones affect one's body. I call them 'pheromones' for like animals and plants in the wild, they can change and alter one's way of thinking. When one smells them, the Drachenmagd can effectively plant thoughts into one's head that they themselves were not aware of. It's not outright mind control, but more like persuasion. For instance, in my youth, I would often times find my mind wondering off during my studies. This never happened however whenever one of our maids were in the room, of particular note Emiline, who always pushed me the hardest when it came to my pursuits of knowledge. She would stand by close during my lectures, and whenever I smelled her lavender scent, I'd find my focuses being intensified.

Feelings can be further exacerbated by their odors, as I have learned. They can lull one to sleep if need be, or energize them, anger them, sadden them, arouse them as well. The Drachenmagd's pheromones may very well be their most powerful attribute, even beyond their wondrous abilities as dragons. To someone who is new to the maids, their scents are impossible to fight off. However, prolonged exposure to their pheromones will cause one to build up a defense against it, making it harder for a drachenmagd to affect someone.

But not impossible.

I've realized that, as of late, the scents of the maids have less sway on me if I disallow them to. While subtle and subconscious, I can sense when any of the maids – of particular note Selene, who adores spreading her pheromones – are attempting to sway me with their body odors. However, I have no doubts in my mind that the maids can increase the potency of their pheromones if they wish. Once again, I note Selene as one who does this often. Regardless, I wonder how many things I would or would not have done had there been not the influence of the Drachenmagd near me.

And Sebastian wondered that too. Reading all of this, parsing together all of this, understanding all of this... the young earl realized just how trapped he was. He always adored the individual odors of his maids, and never once thought about how it affected him. Katherine just smells like vanilla, Emiline smells like lavender, Mylene smells like lemonade; there's nothing out of the ordinary about it!

But...

He thought back to his first day here. The day he came stumbling in here in search of servants, the day he met Igrene. She invited him up to his bedroom, and the odor she gave off around her body became intoxicating.

And he began groping her.

At the time, he didn't understand why he'd ever do such a thing. He wasn't a lecherous pervert! But when he did it, Igrene was not angry or annoyed or spiteful, no... she offered herself more to him. She allowed him to do as he pleased to her body, which led to them making love right on that bed.

It was amazing! His first time, and with Igrene of all people! From looks alone, she was amazing. A radiant beauty who was matched only by her sisters in the estate. Otherwise, no other woman could ever hope to rival her in terms of beauty, radiance and elegance. And she was so nurturing too! She led him along the sordid dance of sex, and she didn't make him feel belittled during a moment of it. She was the teacher and he was her willing student, learning the pleasures of the flesh that he'd never enjoyed until that moment.

And then he enjoyed sooooooooooo much more in the future.

But things did not end with Igrene, did they? No, the very next morning, Selene cornered him within his bathroom... and once again, he remembered taking in her scent. It flowed into him, dominated him, led him to indulge in her amazing body just as he had done with Igrene the previous night!

Over and over again, he thought of times where smelling his maids led to sex, or something else. Like that time Emiline's odor lulled him to sleep... only for him to be excited and energized upon making way to the bed. Or how his wrestling with Carmeline led them to them fucking right on the lawn of his garden.

Sebastian began questioning if any of his actions were his own, or were they just the subtle compulsion of his maids. Were any of the connections he made genuine, or was he just their puppet – their toy – all along along? How many times have the maids coerced him with their bodies and smells?

And how many times had he allowed them to do it?

No... no... no... he hated this! He HATED this! It called into question everything! His maids always praised him, always worshiped him, adored him, but how much of it was real? How much of their love was true, and how much was it fake? And how much did he love them in turn? Could he say he ever genuinely loved them? Would he have loved them if they never used their scents on them?

And that one week he spent here, years ago as a four year old... did their cultivation start then? Were his beloved memories of Emiline all false, for instance? Had their pheromones affected him then, tugging him along like an invisible string? Was he always destined to come back here?

Always?

Sebastian was no philosopher, was never the kind of person to ponder things like free will and choice. But here and now? He wondered if it was all an illusion; the illusion of choice. He merely thought he had the choice to become earl, when in reality, the drachenmagd would have done everything in their power to keep him there. And they did.

They used their bodies, used their scents, used the wealth, used the food, used the clothes, used the power; they used everything they had to make sure he stayed put. And really? Honestly? Heh... it's not like he fell for it; he never put up a defense to fall for it. He accepted it all immediately. The beautiful maids, the warmth and love they gave him, the opulence of the estate; everything. He accepted everything.

Even now as he read this information, learned just how deep their deception delved... Sebastian still longed for them. He wanted to hug up to Selene, apologizing for what he'd done earlier that day in the bath. Or maybe he could snuggle into Rodeline's arms, or Carmeline, or Emiline, and yes, even Igrene! But not just them; he wanted Larsine, and Mylene and Nadine, and Katherine! He wanted to squeeze Adeline close to him, and Faline too. He wanted his maids!

But it was his maids who were dooming him!

They called him Master, but he was the one in chains.

He wanted to scream... but that would only attract the concerns of the drachenmagd. And it's not like he could just get up and leave, because he knew they would stop him... and he knew he wasn't strong enough to rebuff them. Spurts of rebelliousness may funnel through him from time to time, but he knew that's all they were; spurts, and never anything concrete. If he were to truly free himself of this place, truly escape, well...

He'd need to do something... dangerous...

Can a Drachenmagd be hurt? More accurately, can a Drachenmagd be hurt by something man-made? That thought swirled around within Sebastian's head, and according to the words written by his ancestor Johann... yes. Yes they can.

But it takes a hell of a punch to do so.

His family were smart people; spurned and cultivated by the maids who tend to them, and the same maids who destroy them. Even now as his mind was filled with thoughts of escape and the violent actions that may entail, Sebastian bounded between whether it was right or wrong. But his resolve held strong; he would not allow his soul to be taken by Mephistopheles.

And from what he learned whilst studying his family, he was not the only one with these 'concerns'.

Rudolph von Faust was earl from the thirties to forties and fifties in Schonheit, and a very militant one at that. It was under his direction that the estate's armory suddenly expanded, taking in more modern (at the time) weaponry. And with his connections due to the age and reverence of the estate, he even got is hands on more obscure weapons, such as unfinished concepts like the EM-2 and the AS-44. His love of weaponry extended to his pass time, and in his day, he was recognized as a strategic genius... even though the Faust Estate has historically never participated in any war whatsoever since its inception.

Rudolph's research into warfare however drove him to learn not only about obscure weapons, but the power of weapons as well. And if one man can wield a rifle strong enough to pierce the armored hull of a tank, can a man wield a weapon strong enough to penetrated the armored scales of a dragon? It was with that thought in mind that on October 8th 1947, Rudolph, Faline and Emiline created... this...

It was a box of 12 gauge shotgun shells. It was indigo, and bore the image of a dragon upon its surface. Natural, considering the major force in creating it. Sealed away behind a glass screen, it was deemed far too powerful, and thus needed to be guarded with the utmost of protection. The one weapon – the one bullet – strong enough to injure a drachenmagd.

According to Rudolph's 'Kreigsbuch', the shells were created from materials Johann brought home from his adventures abroad decades ago. He, Emiline and Faline then went about dismantling it and stuffing it away into these 12 gauge shells; a practice run before moving on to other types of bullet rounds. Shotgun in hand, Rudolph tested his 'Dragonsbane' Rounds on Carmeline first.

It worked. It worked so well that Rudolph was instantly horrified by what he had done.

The details of the event were taken down by Faline, who states that Carmeline drew blood from being shot by these rounds, and it required her to make a visit to Rodeline shortly after. And while her injuries would heal, the fact that he brought injury to any of the maids was enough for Rudolph to stop his project completely. The rounds were placed away within this box, and then given to Emiline for safekeeping, while Rudolph moved on to new projects.

Klaus was a smart man. Why does Sebastian think that? Because of these 12 gauge shotgun shells. They were the caliber of shells that the lever action shotgun he used took. All those times he spent practicing his aim with that lever action shotgun... the young earl wondered if Klaus was preparing himself for an eventual fight with the drachenmagd. Plans no doubt unfulfilled due to his illness.

Now here Sebastian stood within his estate's armory, wondering to himself if he had the ability to do what his father planned. He had the skill – he had spent his own time practicing with the lever action shotgun in an attempt to outdo his father – but now he had to actually think about shooting his maids. And if Rudolph couldn't do it, well... Sebastian doubted he could too.

“Ku? Master?”

Looking over, Sebastian's eyes fell upon the staircase to the second floor of the armory; where the training mat was. Standing on the stairs was Emiline, her usually braided hair instead falling long and straight along her body. She was stroking it gently, and her teal eyes held this gaze of concern within them. Whenever he looked at his maids and he saw that stare – that look of concern for him – it clawed at his heart. Natural, he said--

“I'm sorry...”

“Don't say that,” Emiline replied as she walked towards him, her hand falling upon his cheek where she gently stroked him, “You are many things, Master, but 'sorry' is not one of them.”

Her touch... was soothing... the way she stroked her palm along his cheek, and her thumb upon his lips, he shivered with a heated desire. The amorous love he had for his maids – Emily in particular – was starting to swell again.

But then the smell of lavender touched his nose, and realization struck him. Even now... was she trying to assuage him? Were these feelings even his? It was enough to make him gag and pull away, though Emiline did not attempt to approach him.

“Selene told me you were abrasive in your morning bath today,” Emiline claimed as she looked away, “Is... something the matter?”

“I... I uh... hmm...”

He stopped, looking down and thinking back to how he treated his Chamber Maid. But he just couldn't force out of his mind the image of her with those demonic appendages, and the smell of brimstone that wafted off her form. While a part of him wanted to apologize still for what he had done, he wasn't sure if he had it in him to do so yet.

But... no; he shouldn't apologize for anything, should he? She was... evil, right? Though just thinking that had his tongue curling. Typically, such a feeling would be enough to have him throw himself into Emiline's body... but he couldn't muster the courage to do that either. And when he looked up towards her face, he saw the slight pangs of disappointment... but she didn't say a word.

“Whatever it is we have done to gain your displeasure, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive us, Master,” Emiline claimed, causing his demeanor to further shift into sadness.

The fact that they were demons had not changed the drachenmagd in the least bit; they were still acting like themselves. It made it hard to discern the difference between the women he loved, and the evil that they truly were. But... he stayed firm on his path.

“Uh... I'm sorry... wait... I apologize, Emily, but I have to go,” Sebastian said, pulling away where he saw her face bend further into disappointment.

“Mm-hm... I understand, Master,” said the Marshal, her aloof and professional expression returning, “I hope you find peace of mind in whatever it is you are studying. Now then...” she began walking off herself, “Carmeline and I must continue to reinforce the estate against the oncoming storms.”

“Y-yes... don't over do yourself...”

She nodded and he nodded, though the Marshal said nothing else as she headed for her staircase. Left alone once more, Sebastian's eyes leered at the box of Dragonsbane shotgun shells, as well as the lever action shotgun they went with. For a moment, his hand reached out for the weapon, only for him to pull back in reconsideration.

Its time would come... but not yet...

He had the shotgun, he had the shells, he had the skills, he only lacked the ability... and the will to pull this off.

Sitting behind his desk, Sebastian prodded his fingers in a quizzical manner, his eyes closed and his browns furrowed. In his mind, he tried to imagine how it would feel to shoot one of his maids... and each time, he felt like vomiting right on the spot. Much like Rudolph before him, the mere idea of bringing harm to his maids – and successfully doing so – hurt him. But he knew this decision was a forgone conclusion. He couldn't just walk out the doors... because he knew he wasn't strong enough to do it. If Igrene alone shot him a sad look and begged him to stay, he would fall like cards and return; and that's not even considering the idea if they all begged him to stay.

So... he needed to eliminate the chance of that happening; the chance of the drachenmagd possibly being in the right of mind to stop him. And in turn, that led him to the night Zeit and Oden attacked. The maids were wild and frenzied, more likely to battle one another than to attack him... though they did that as well. If he could reduce them to a state of primal mind, then he could escape the estate unhindered.

It would be difficult... but not impossible. And why? Well...

Looking over, Sebastian's eyes befell Zeit's sinister selection of spells: The Mordredus Grimoire. Within its arcane pages were all sorts of devilish spells, all of which were translated by Faline's hands. While there was a chance the Brown Wyrm manipulated some of the spells within to suit the agendas of the drachenmagd, Sebastian had no choice but to go trust it for now. It's not like he could just go down to Schonheit and buy a book of spells, you know.

But within this book, there was only one spell Sebastian was looking for; the very same spell that afflicted his maids in the first place.

“How to create an artificial red moon,” he muttered as he came to the page in question.

It was a terrible thought to entertain. The very same curse that afflicted his maids and nearly drove them to kill him, was now resting before his eyes. He knew it was the only way to stop the drachenmagd... but he still didn't like it.

He was betraying them; there was no arguing this. And, yes, while he could say they betrayed him first by hiding their true natures from him, that did not mean he wasn't betraying them back. And this remorseful feeling continued to tug at him, making the young earl feel like shit, like dirt, like trash... but he pushed on regardless.

It was his choice to make! He was going to decide what happened to his soul! Not Klaus, not Igrene, not Mephistopheles! No... Sebastian was the master of his fate.

Ironic then that he found the keys to his fate resting in the book of a man who tried to kill him. Life is funny that way.

Gazing down upon the book of spells before him, the young earl questioned if he had the abilities to actually pull such a thing off. Being a normal human, magic naturally flies right over his head. He didn't even know otherworldly creatures existed before he met the drachenmagd! Now he was expected to – somehow – pull off a spell that took Zeit himself a few weeks to actually activate?

He remembered what Katherine said. The watch given to him drew magic from each and every maid who touched it, and once they all had, it activated, creating the red moon that drove his maids wild. He'll need to find a conduit as well, something all the maids would touch but wouldn't look out of place on him. Following Zeit's attack, they were still on edge, so if he were to wear suddenly, say, a new chain or something, they'd probably assume something was up.

So what? What, what, what? Ah... that...

Reaching over, Sebastian grabbed Heinrich's Records. The book of manipulated truths would work perfectly as something he always carries on him, and something all the maids would touch without hesitation. All he'd need to do to pull it off is: go around, have his maids touch the book, and then activate it once it was ready. Considering the amorous nature of his maids, not to mention how touch-starved they likely were as a result of his isolation, pulling this off would be incredibly easy.

What isn't so easy however, is having the mental fortitude to actually do it.

Every time Sebastian thought about bringing violence or harm to his maids, he almost immediately felt sour. No, not sour, he felt vomit-inducing. His mind must look like a broken record by now, considering the number of times he backpedals on his goals. Doubly so when he closed his eyes and he saw the faces of his maids all looking at him.

When he enacts this plan – when he has them touch this book – whose to say he won't suddenly back out? They'll all be so happy when he approaches them, overjoyed, and he'll be reminded of all the fun times they shared with one another. And when those feelings do come rushing him, will he be capable of sticking to his path.

Emiline once said he was a decisive young man, one prone to make decisions quickly when he puts his mind to it. If only she could see him now, debating with himself on whether or not he should do this. There was no doubt in his mind that he'd have to go up against her when the time came... he'd have to go against all of the drachenmagd. When their minds regress into a primal way of thinking, even if he took the most indirect path towards his escape, he'd have to come across at least one of them.

The Faust Estate was large... the more he thought about this, the more impossible it felt.

Was he breaking under the pressure, or just psyching himself out of doing something he did not want to do? Yes? No? Maybe? He didn't know. His body was trembling as he continued reading this book of spells, learning everything he needed to do in order to create this red moon. The more he debated with himself, the more he took in, learning and committing to memory everything within. At times, he'd blot out the images of his maids, instead focusing on bringing to life this wicked and sinister magics.

And that's when realization donned on him...

“I need a lab...

4