56. The Unacceptable
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

┌——————┐
Mother's Hate Has activated!

                Hate          activated!
Mother's Curse has activated!
└——————┘
┌——————┐
Warning! Rule Violation In progress!
└——————┘
┌——————┐
Curse of Violence has activated!
└——————┘
┌——————┐

└——————┘

Status boxes were popping up all over V's narrowing cone of vision as his awareness faded. He leapt toward the women holding Luna. Colliding hard enough with her that Eika could hear the woman's bones shattering from the impact. As Luna hit the ground, dropped from the woman's hand, she struggled to turn and look at V. "Oh no!..." She muttered painfully. V cracked the women's head upon the road, killing her instantly. V grabbed the limp body and ground it into the stones, quickly turning the upper half of her into a mess of bones and flesh.

The Sword Saint, for his part, had disengaged from L and started backing up toward the wall, placing his back upon it. Even in her altered state, L could sense that something had gone terribly wrong. Her instincts were screaming to put distance between her and the monster that was crushing the women underneath the pavement. The old man considered the situation carefully, gazing at the Sword Saint's retreat, he sighed. "I've never seen that before." The two elves standing next to him nodded as the female elf spoke. "I wonder what this is all about? Well, no matter. It should be fun to see! Did you see how he leapt right past the Champion of Combat? And that women basically turned into paste the moment he slammed into her!" The old man nodded, as the Champion of Violence, he could sense that something was wrong with the man who had just moments ago been on the brink of death at the hands of the Champion of Combat. After a few moments he realized one of the many things that seemed wrong with the man. He was using his own Curse of Violence. The man had arrived without the curse how was it that now he was not only cursed, but he was wielding the curse as if it was his ally? The old man activated his blessing, dispelling the Curse of Violence he had placed over the city. He knew it had worked; the samurai women's curse immediately vanished, but the one that the crazed man was wielding remained.

L's senses suddenly returned to her as she was also backing away from V. She grabbed her head as her mind desperately sorted the facts of the last few hours. As she struggled, V suddenly locked eyes upon the old man; sprinting toward him. The Champion of Violence did not even have a chance to react before his head was ripped clean from his shoulders. V also had sent his hand through the man's rib cage, and tore out one of his lungs. As V stared at the lung in some form of crazed admiration of the organ. The elves giggled "Oh! That's not good. Nature is not going to like this!" V's temporary distraction by the lung gave L enough time to process the situation. She looked at Eika, bleeding from both arms, and Luna who was dying from her stomach wound. She then gazed back over to the Champion of Combat. He pointed his sword toward L, beat his chest with his other arm, and then made a slashing motion toward V.  L understood his meaning, it was one of the oldest tenants in the art of war. However, was she prepared to fight V? He appeared even more out of control then last time, he was not hyper focused on a single target, he seemed simply insane this time.

L nodded and took up a position next to the Champion of Combat, she had no way to recover V's mental state. T was not around, and no one else here seemed equipped for the job. She was duty bound to serve V; perhaps however, her final service would be freeing him from this cursed game. "Please... stop... you’re going to, guh, hurt your friends." Luna gasped out at V as she lay dying in the street. Her words seemed to jerk V out of his reverie, he quickly turned to face Luna. Eika could see the hate in his eyes as he turned. She dove in front of Luna "No! Don't hurt Lu-" Eika's words were cut short as V impaled Eika with his arm. As Eika hung limply off V's arm, Eika whispered out "I’m sorry mama... Eika was not... good enough..." V removed his arm, taking Eika's heart with it.

L grimly nodded toward the Champion of Combat. To be honest, she was not sure if even both of them could defeat V. She had never seen anyone move like V had when jumping from victim to victim. The speed and movements were more than unnatural. They heard a roar from the other side of the street. Behind V, L spotted O. "I have never sensed so much blood lust before! I could smell it surging from him. I had to see what great beast was so primal, so... lustful for the blood of others." Her voice was dripping with excitement and... admiration? Either way, L was actually happy to see O. Perhaps with the three of them they might stand a chance. As O spoke, V turned toward her next. "Watch out! He is-" Before L could finish her warning, V rocketed toward O. L sensed her activate her blessing, O's body shimmered, light glinting off of it. V collided directly with O, attempting to impale her as he did Eika. "Guh!" O gasped as his fist slammed into her lower chest. His fist did not penetrate her skin, but it appeared as if small fissures had appeared where his fist had collided. O's eyes started to turn red as the air filled with a metallic scent. "I never thought so small a man could damage me under my blessing! You are so magnificent. Unfortunately, there is only one Champion of Slaughter." She brought both of her hands down upon V, clenched in one fist, intending to break his back.

L reflexively gasped as the Sword Saint charged forward. V had intercepted O's crushing maneuver with his other hand, halting her overwhelming blow. The street underneath V's feat exploded, and he sunk a foot into the dirt and rock. L also charged, following the Sword Saint. As V held off O's fists with one hand, he used his other to repeatedly smash the same location he had fist struck on her chest. The cracks he had caused started spreading, covering more and more of her chest. Luckily for her, the Sword Saint arrived quickly. He clearly intended to run V through the chest while V was trapped between O's fists and the remains of the road. However, V managed to evade, pulling himself out of the broken rock and dirt, and slipping away from both O and the Sword Saints strike with an almost unseeable speed. However, he was unable to dodge L's follow up attack. She had suspected the Sword Saint's attack to fail, and accounted for it. Her sword penetrated V's shoulder. L swore as she realized she had missed his heart. The sword saints shield flew over V's head as he bent backwards, lifting both L and her sword upward. L was forced to let go of her sword, as V was clearly about to try and slam her back downward. O struggled to move, the apparent damage to her body was greater than she had expected. V withdrew the sword from his body, and activated forceful use.

Far, far away from the burning city, a certain champion was resting inside of their sanctum. J awoke with a jolt. Something was horribly wrong. He looked around, expecting to see that someone had invaded his place of rest. However, no intruders, no... anything. All seemed at peace. J activated his blessing, hoping to discover what had jolted him awake. As he searched, he learned that the Champion of Violence, The Champion of Good, Champion of Honor, The Champion of Evil, The Champion of Combat, The Champion of War, The Champion of Ice, Champion of Slaughter and the Champion of Fire had all been killed. Startled, J pushed his blessing further, at the same time he casted several large spells, hoping to unravel what had happened during his meditation. It took some time, but he discovered the cause. Somehow, a human woman who was not supposed to be in the city during the Champion of Violence's assault, had altered the course of events that J had charted out. Her inexplicable presence had somehow caused V to lose his mind. J pushed himself to his limit, straining both his blessing and his magic. The strain caused blood to seep from his eyes, ears, and nose. Could he use this situation? He focused specifically upon the Mad Champion. No... no... J shook his head. There was no way this timeline could result in the death of the Mad Champion. This was a disaster, this was unacceptable. He dropped his efforts, gasping for breath. Using what little energy he currently had remaining, he teleported to the Champion of Time.

"Oh, it’s you! Ya I was wondering when you were going to show up." Time was lounging around inside a burned-out house. Eating a few grapes. Even through the ash and death, Time's outfit was spotless. "You look rough. Had a hard time?" Time stood up as he spoke. Nodding J responded "I do not understand how your mind deals with the infinities of time and possibility." he wiped off some of the blood that had started running into his mouth from his nose. "I can barely manage to witness some of time's secrets, even with your blessing, the strain your mind must be under is incalculable." Time shrugged "Eh, maybe where I come from, we are just made better than most mortals? Either way, I assume you are here to try and recruit me to clean up your little mess?" J nodded, "Yes, I believe someone interfered with the timeline I had so carefully laid out. Someone who was not supposed to be there messed things up." Time gestured outside, to a dead city. "Yes, I had doubted that this was according to plan. Still can’t use this to kill the Mad Champion, eh?" Time spoke casually as he ransacked the kitchen, looking for an unbroken glass.

J's face showed some annoyance. "This could very well be the end of your fun as well you know. You’re not invincible." Time nodded as he walked out of the house "I’m going to find some water, you coming?" as J followed him into the city streets, time continued speaking. "Normally, I would find it more entertaining to watch this all play out, will the other champions unify to kill the rouge champion? Doubtful, they have not done so to stop the Mad Champion. Watching everyone drag each other down, even as their own death approaches is such a classic tale. It would be a shame to miss it." J began to open his mouth to respond, but Time cut him off. "Yes, I know what you’re going to say, that this classic tale will also end with me dying." T rummaged through the remains of a dead merchant, before pulling the water flask off of his corpse. "Unfortunately, I think you are right. I might not have your vision, but I have a sense that I have not seen this before. Maybe. You’re going to have to tell me where and when to fix the problem." J nodded, "Give me a moment then."  J sat down and closed his eyes. Once again, he pushed his blessing, the strain on his mind was immense, but none of that would matter soon. After a few moments J awoke from his thoughts, he was losing feeling in his extremities. He realized that he must have hemorrhaged his brain, his vision was fading in and out and he was starting to be unable to concentrate. "Here, the gates... six... six hours and thirty-two minutes ago a young woman. If you can... remember enough of this timeline... try to warn me that someone is...." As J passed out, Time stretched and sighed. "Once more around the bend I guess." Time disappeared in a soft white light.

As V tried to recover the vial of poison in the hopes it would aid him against the Champion of Combat, he heard Eika scream. Looking reflexively, he saw a woman standing behind Luna and Eika, her hand held a dagger and she was in the middle of a stabbing motion that certainly would have resulted in the dagger penetrating Luna's stomach. However, the women had been grabbed by the Champion of Time. The Champion of Time himself had a bit of a confused look upon his face. Shrugging, he threw the women off to the side as he muttered "This was a bad jump, I can’t seem to remember much." As Time examined the situation, he reasoned that he must have jumped back in order to help these two defeat The Champion of Combat. After all, it was not like the Champion of Combat needed help. Time was not sure exactly why he would have decided he needed to do that, but he had to trust his future self.

 

3