104. The Escape
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eika's eyes fluttered open once more, "Oohhh my back..." she muttered as she suddenly remembered the situation. Shooting upright, she groaned again. "V is still unconscious." L's voice helped Eika clear her mind. "Oh! V! L! She jumped up, ignoring her pain." She was laying inside of the room that contained the prison sphere. V was lying next to her, L was setting against the wall nearby, and Luna had her face up against the glowing sphere, trying to see inside past the sigils. "Sorry we were stabbing you and stuff but you were shooting fire everywhere and V wanted to stop you from moving and we did not have any real way to stop you and I’m glad you’re ok and your eyes are pretty and no one fell into the big hole and-" L held up her hand to stem the tide of Eika's words. "Namkuzu explained the situation when I... awoke. Regardless, as you can see, my body is whole. As for my spirit.... I suppose it is closer at-least." L gestured at V as she continued. "He could be doing better. I closed his wound, and I know he is going to heal, but it’s going to take some time." Eika nodded as she examined the wound in V's side, it had been burned closed, but the burn looked... strange. It was hard for Eika to explain, but it was almost as if it was not... a hot or cold burn. Gasping, she looked back over at L. "Does that mean you can control your powers?!" She said excitedly, only barely able to stop her sentence with only a single question.

Standing up, L furrowed her brow for a few moments. Flames erupted out of her back, various shades of purple and blue surged through her wings of fire. The room's temperature remained unchanged, and after a few moments, the wings of flame dissipated. Standing there dazzled, Eika was muttering furiously. Luna had also looked over and pointed, while crying out "Wow! It was like WOSHHHASHASH, but nothing caught on fire or froze up this time! I really like the colors! Now we can cook stuff without a campfire!" Ignoring Luna, L continued speaking with Eika. "I still have certain difficulties with my demonic abilities, I don't really understand them. Which according to Namkuzu's words, is not really supposed to be possible, so it is probable that as I learn about them, they will become stronger. Maybe. I’ve also found that the secondary effect of my blessing, sensing V's condition, seems to somehow be greatly enhanced. For example, I can very specifically tell that the wound he suffered will not kill him, but is currently causing him immense pain. Although, I suppose he does not feel it, being unconscious. Also, I’m almost certain he will awaken in another sixty seconds." Eika was so excited she could barely form coherent sentences anymore. "Doesn't that mean that... but also you can fight better because... wait does that mean you can tell if he is asleep? I wonder if that is useful what if.... hey can you fly with the fire wings?"

Upon waking, V turned over, and vomited. L quickly grabbed him, holding him so that he did not dirty himself, or fall into his own vomit. "I was off by about a handful of seconds." She reported to Eika as V struggled to gain control of his body. The wound somehow felt worse than it did when he first received it. It felt like his midsection was sloshing around with a bunch of acid. "Oh, that's weird." L spoke matter-of-factly as she waited for V. "It appears as if my weapon is trying to kill you even though it’s no longer inside of you."

┌——————┐
System error in progress! Attempting repairs!
└——————┘

L looked around as the strange status message popped up within her view. Nothing seemed to be happening that would be causing the supposed system error. It was also not saying rules were being violated, just... the system had an error. L began to speak to V again. "Are you being told there is a system err-" 

┌——————┐
System error in progress! Attempting repairs!
└——————┘

Eika spoke up as L furrowed her brow. "Uh... are you ok?" She was looking at L as if she had suddenly grown a second head. The Archdemon of the Mind spoke up suddenly. "That's sort of funny actually." Both L and Eika looked toward the spherical prison in confusion. "Oh, yes I guess this is not immediately obvious to the two of you. Honor considers The Champion of Motherhood to be her new master, or Emperor, or whatever title you prefer. She would never hide any information from him, unless she thought it important to his safety, growth, etc correct?" Eika shrugged, although she guessed that was true. L nodded and waited for him to continue. "Well, entertainingly, your demonic side is combating the auto translation aspect of this worlds system. The system itself does not always convey the meaning and content of your words with 100% accuracy. Since you consider hiding information from the "Emperor" to be dishonorable under most circumstances, as the Archdemon of Honor your nature is attempting to assert itself over the translation function, so as to not accidentally give him the wrong idea, or withhold information, or any other issues the system might cause." Eika nodded enthusiastically. "Ya! You sounded like you suddenly turned into a monster, making strange noises!" Namkuzu laughed lightly. "Yes, it seems as you are going to have to consciously stop yourself from burning away the translation effect on yourself, or your master will be unable to understand anything you say." There was a very momentary pause because Namkuzu spoke up again. "Actually, if you hone your abilities, you might be able to communicate without language. However, that would probably only work with those you consider yourself attached to in some way, subordinates you are responsible for, superiors you have a duty to serve, etc."

V was still groggy and missed most of the conversation. L had closed her eyes in an effort to try and concentrate and figure out exactly how to stop herself for doing something that she had no idea she was doing. After a moment, she tried a second time to speak to V. "It appears as if my weapon is trying to kill you even though it’s no longer inside of you." Eika gave her a worried thumbs up, and V managed to sputter, "Does it always do that when you stab someone?" L shook her head "No, I think it’s just you." As V steadied himself, L considered the meaning of her sword's disposition toward V. "Well, either way, you will survive." After giving V a moment to stand up, and lean heavily on the wall, L told him of her status, giving him the same display that she provided Eika, and explained the apparent issue with speaking to him. "I’m happy for you." V considered, it was rare for him to feel genuine happiness at another's good fortune, perhaps he really had found people to care about in this world. "However, you yourself have said you are not a master of your own abilities, and the language thing seems to be a good example of that. Are we going to need to wait here for days, or even longer, to finish this prison business?"

L looked at the sphere and shook her head. "No, I can sense what must be done..." Namkuzu commented. "This is probably because at the moment, finishing this task is higher on her priority list of honorable actions. Especially when you consider that doing this will let her devote her mental facilities to helping The Champion of Motherhood, rather than dwelling on her 'debt' to the God of Honor." L spoke, "I was waiting for you to awaken. There is a chance he might betray us, or some other unforeseen situation may occur. V nodded, that made sense. However he doubted he would be much help at the moment. The pain he was in reminded him of how someone described his old work... L spoke again, "If everyone is ready? I don't know exactly what is going to happen." V nodded as Eika pulled back and stood next to V, if they had to run away, she knew she would probably have to help him. "Luna come over here." V shakily commanded her. Luna nodded and pulled her face away from the sphere, waddling over to him and Eika. L walked over to the sphere, concentrating, her stance reminded V of a tiger lying in wait in the grass for a tasty bit of meat to wander by. Without warning she lashed out, L suddenly grabbed the glowing sigil, her hand clashing with the edge of the sphere. Colorful fire erupted out from between her hand and the sigil. Luna clapped "Ohhh she grabbed one of the gl-" Luna's words were cut off as a groaning noise drowned out everything. V imagined this is what a metal girder sounded like right before it gave out. Bolts of energy were shooting out of the sphere in all directions. Eika blocked them with her body, not allowing them to hit V or Luna. Luna tried to drag her back toward the wall, but Eika shook her head. "They don't hurt too badly! Ill protect you guys!"

Pain wracked L's body as she felt the prison fighting against her with every ounce of its strength. Luckily, she could tell, there was hardly anything left for it to draw upon. The rest of the sigils had lost their powers as the gods that created them died. Even still, the sphere resisted her. She had come so far, and would not be denied. Her honor demanded that she finish this for afterward, her debt would be gone and she would find new honor. In service to V. She refused to allow this ball belonging to a bunch of dead gods to stand in the way of her redemption, her new purpose. Her hand sunk a tiny amount into the sphere, the glowing sigil in her hand sent jolts of energy down her arm, stopping her heart. L's eyes burned with fire as she ignored the inconvenience: fire roared up around her, horns, wings, even a sword of flame appeared in her free hand. The sigil resisted yet, sending L's mind into utter confusion, her sense of time and space destroyed. It shattered her mind, as only a god could do to a mortal. Even still, it could not remove the object of her obsession form her sight. Her hand closed around the sigil. Still it refused to abandon its charge, L saw all that she had lost, the Emperor, his heir, her honor. It promised her, if she would simply die, it would send her back, to before it all occurred. Her honor would not have to be restored, as it would never have been broken in the first place.

V, Eika, and Luna watched as L continued her assault against the sphere and fire erupted between the two of them. "Is... she going to be ok?" Eika asked. "She better be. Or I’m going to kill Namkuzu.... somehow." V's voice trailed off as he watched the fire grow even more intense, as her wings, horns and sword of flame manifested. "Woh." Luna spoke in hushed tones, even she was minorly reverent of the display in front of her. The bolts from the sphere stopped, and Eika fell to her knees, her chest wracked with pains from protecting her friends. The groaning noise started to become a screeching noise, as if a metal bar was being shorn in half. Eika covered her ears as Luna giggled. "It’s really crazy in here huh?" V tried to keep his eyes on L, through the brightness of her colorful fire.

A status message appeared to everyone in the room, although L was no longer in a state to realize it.

┌——————┐
Divine rule violation in progress!
└——————┘

┌——————┐
Divine rule violation in progress!
└——————┘

┌——————┐
Divine rule violation in progress!
└——————┘

┌——————┐
System functions remain unaffected. Suppressing further alerts.
└——————┘

V wondered if the system just... did not care about the 'divine rule' that was being broken. After all, the system and the divine only seemed to be on the same side sometimes. Also, if Namkuzu was to be believed, the gods that created this prison were trying to suppress or enslave the system in some way. V was curious just how self-aware the 'system' was. "No longer are those my desires!" L screamed suddenly, and jerked her hand back away from the sphere, clutching the glowing sigil, which was rapidly disintegrating into nothing. The rest of the sigils on the sphere started collapsing, with one removed from the pattern, it appeared as the rest could no longer hold their form. "Aww, the sphere was so pretty!" Luna sighed as the sphere disintegrated, in its place stood a young boy with blond hair and green eyes. By V's approximation, the boy appeared to be an eight- or nine-year-old human. Luna was looking back and forth between V and the young boy, a confused look on her face. Namkuzu stretched languidly as he spoke, his voice was nothing like the voice in their mind. "Wow. I’m free. That is vaguely unexpected. However, I’m a little worried about leaving this spire. The Gods might be keeping a lookout for me. Although, based on the information I got from all of you, they may have all forgotten about demons and the old war..." He turned to L, who was standing there in a dazed state. "I should probably fix her. I think she would heal on her own, but this is really easy for me so..." Namkuzu tapped her on the side, and she shook her head. "Huh? What’s goin.. Oh, your free." L blinked a few times. Luna still seemed a little confused, as Eika spoke up. "You’re not... really what I expected." A voice behind them answered from the door to the central chamber. "I suspect thats the point little girl." Everyone whipped around to see where the voice emanated from. A man stood in the doorway in a tuxedo. He had no hair and his eyes were brown, V noted he was extremely... un-notable. Notably un-notable. He checked the man’s status.

┌——————┐
Name: Hammu
Age: N/A
Class: Divine Adjudicator Lv 10
└——————┘

 

1