Chapter 15: Evolution?
2.4k 26 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***
Suki was amazed as Sokka taught her Chi Blocking. 

He explained to her as if it was a rare art that he had read in a book. At first, she was skeptical, like anyone else would be. 

But after a demonstration, she was fully committed to learning Chi Blocking. She even felt a little special when Sokka let it slip that he hadn't told anyone, not even his sister about it.

Due to his tutelage, Suki was able to learn the basics of Chi Blocking extremely fast and after some fighting experience, she would be able to use it in battle too.

But what amazed her overall was Sokka's talent. At first look he doesn't seem like a smart guy, but how he explained things and his knowledge said otherwise.

Yeah, Suki wasn't ashamed to admit that she might have become lovestruck. So much so that she didn't even go to patrol the island with the other Kyoshi Warriors. Of course, she didn't mention such things to Sokka, she didn't want him to think bad of her.

***
-Soka POV-

Teaching Chi Blocking to Suki was something I carefully contemplated. But in the end, the stronger she was, the safer she would be. At first I hesitated because the Fire Nation might learn these martial arts and incorporate them into their armies. 

But Ty Lee already knew it, so teaching this to  wouldn't be something that was worth stealing. Since the Fire Nation already had someone who knew how to use it.

Hopefully even by the end of the war, Suki and I will have a working relationship.

"Is this right?" She asked, hitting my arm with chi blocking. As if struck by lightning, a streak of pain traveled through my arm and I couldn't move it any longer. I immediately unblocked it by circulating my Chi there. Chi and MP were the same, so I was quite used to using it already. 

I even got a new skill <Mana Control> and that leveled up pretty fast. 

Suddenly I heard the sliding door opening and an angry Katara rushed me. "I need you for something."

"Can Suki come along?" I asked my sister. She thought for a bit but then shook her head in denial.

Wow, way to cockblock me, sister. I waved at Suki while I was dragged away. "See you around~"

Katara took me to a pond outside of the village and started waterbending. "You are going to be my training partner."

"Huh? I have better things to do. Like go and try to emotionally connect with my future wife."

Okay, that might be a little bit of an exaggeration. I haven't even spent a week with Suki, but I wanted Katara to feel bad for pulling me out of my comfort zone.

"I am angry," she tried to justify it. But I just shrugged.

"So? Am I supposed to do something about it?" I shrugged, ready to turn around and get out of here.  She should learn how to deal with emotions by herself, me being here would just be a clutch.

"Well, you are my brother, so I thought…" she looked at the ground sadly.

*SIGHHH*

I released the loudest sigh I could muster, I didn't want to get involved with this at all. 

The last thing I wanted was to spend time here, with my little sister, talking to her about life. When suddenly a new notification appeared.

[New Quest: Help Katara with Waterbending]

====
□Help Katara with Waterbending

Due to Aang saying something hurtful to her, Katara has become angry and wants to release some steam.

Rewards: Improved Relationship with Katara, 7000 Exp, Waterbending Scroll.

Failure: Decreased Relationship with Katara
====

Oh wow, okay… now this changes things. Suki can wait. Girlfriends last only for a time, but power lasts forever.

Hmm… it sounds like a good saying in my head. But I feel like if I said it out loud, it would make me sound like some kind of villain.

I smiled at my sister with a bright smile, got closer and hugged her. "Katara, have I ever told you how much you mean to me?"

"Huh?" She was confused by my sudden change in behavior. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden."

"Oh, you know, I just thought. Hey, why wouldn't I help my cute and pretty sister with Waterbending." My smile made Katara even more suspicious, but she didn't know about my Gamer Interface. 

"If you don't let go of this uncomfortable hug right now I will elbow you," that was her threat. But I didn't take it seriously and hugged her tighter. 

"C'mon now, as you older brother-"

Pow!

Suddenly a strong elbow landed in my stomach, making me back off. Even though the Gamer Body skill made the pain go away almost instantly, the emotional hurt that showed on my face was there to make Katara feel bad as I backed off.

It worked like a charm, she looked at me and was about to apologize when I got a new notification.

[Due to emotionally manipulating someone, you have gained New Skill: Pitiful Acting]

________
<Pitiful Acting> (Active) Lvl 1
+30% chance of making people feel pity towards you.
_________

"…" 

Okay, that made me feel kinda bad. I grabbed Katara by her shoulders and stared into her eyes. "Sister, I am sorry, that was a joke."

*sigh* "Why are you so weird?" She swiped my hands away and we went to the pond to learn Waterbending.

Maybe I shouldn't mess around with her so much?... Nah, it's too fun.

"Anyway, what do you usually do with Waterbending training?" She had no master to teach her, so Katara doesn't have any new moves or any road that she could follow. So she had to make her own way to bend.

"I train…" she said smugly. But then moving her hand delicately, the water rose and formed into a small ball. "Though when I saw Aang waterbending when he was captured. My skills increased tremendously seeing a real Waterbender… well, bend water."

Right, she was talking about the time Aang was captured by Zuko and entered Avatar State. Katara's talent in bending was truly extraordinary, she could bend so well by just seeing someone else do it once.

Though just as I complimented her on my mind, Katara seemed to get irritated and the water flopped down uselessly. She tried to get it to rise again, but her emotional state didn't let her do it correctly as her movements became more forceful. 

"So… it seems like your waterbending has regressed and become even worse." I wasn't soft on my words and told it how I saw it. 

That seemed to anger her even more, but at least she forgot whatever she was mad about initially. Which had probably something to do with Aang, because as soon as she mentioned his name, her irritation started appearing.

"Well, you need to be calm first and move your wrists more loosely. Don't force water to move, let it move through you."

Now I wasn't a Waterbending Master. But I knew a couple of words from the show, which I had seen a couple of times. I based those words loosely on something Pakku probably said and what Iroh mentioned about his lightning reflection. He had used a waterbending mindset, so that was probably useful for waterbenders too.

At first, Katara didn't seem to grasp what I said and continued her useless efforts. Being able to raise water until a certain level before it plopped back down.

"Calm down," I advised her coldly. My voice seemed to trigger something in her head as she stopped Waterbending and took a deep breath.

Slowly, her arms moved hypnotically, soft but agile. Water slowly rose and circled around her, she closed her eyes and tried to concentrate.

[Quest Completed]

[You have gained 7000 Exp]

[A Waterbending Scroll has been deposited in your inventory]

[You have leveled up to 10!]

[A Major Breakthrough Happens!]

[You have gained access to the Map.]

Wait, what? You can gain access to new functions after Leveling Up?!

"Sorry about being so annoying sometimes," Katara apologized, bringing me out of my thoughts. She had put the water down and realized that she might have bothered me.

I smiled at her and patted her head. "Don't worry, no matter how annoying you become, I will love you, because you are family."

Then I walked off and went toward the shores of the island. It seems like I needed to level up. Thinking of Map, a 2D map appeared in front of my eyes, and four green dots were shown and so the terrain changed. On the sea, there was a giant red dot and thinking on it showed the name 'Unagi'.

All predators want to win. That's why they choose prey they can kill easily.

Taking out the Waterbending Scroll, I opened it and saw that it was written in some strange language that I didn't understand.

[Do you want to learn: Waterbending Skill?]

[Y/N]

I clicked yes immediately.

[All qualifications of having a relative Waterbender are completed.]

[You have learned Waterbending.]

******************
A/N: I know some people might not like it how Sokka got bending. But I can't weaken the Gamer Interface, or make Sokka dumber just for plot convenience. Because in my opinion that could ruin the story.

86