Chapter 23
1.9k 11 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

The first thing that Sokka checked was the new weapon. He didn't pull the spear out of the inventory but just looked at its stats.

__________

[Sky Piercer]

A Legendary spear used by Lu Bu, a legendary general that was thought to be undefeated in combat. It can change form and will always perfectly fit the user.

+500% Spear Mastery Skill Exp

+40 Agility

+50 Strength

___________

'Lu Bu? Isn't that from Chinese history?' – thought Sokka, he was a little down as he didn't know a lot about Chinese history or Mythology. Though the name sounded familiar and the spear had amazing boosts. Plus, it was perfectly suited for him as it would help with his Spear Mastery too. With this and the Title he had on, Spear Mastery would have a 1500% increase in Exp gain.

If he trained for a year with the spear it would be the same as if he had trained 15 years with it. With the gamer interface, that would be a crazy combination.

Sokka attributed it to his Luck for making such a reward available for him. It was just too perfectly suited.

He then checked his next reward. It was the [Random Egg] and it had a description below it that said it would summon a pet based on the user's luck. Sokka left that for later, as currently, he was on top of Appa. 

He had good luck, so while normally this egg might summon a normal cat or chicken. But now he knew that with his luck it might be a dragon or something. He couldn't explain that to Aang or Katara, so he decided to use the egg when he is alone.

While random rewards to others wouldn't offer anything, to Sokka it was the reward he would like the most. Anything based on luck, he would win big. 

Checking his new addition to the Gamer Interface, Sokka was shocked by what he saw.

[Welcome to the Gotcha Interface]

[Each time you Level Up you get 1 Free Draw Ticket]

[You can roll randomly once or you can roll 10 times consecutively in the information gatcha]

Sokka noticed that there were two gotcha ways to roll. One of them was the normal roll, which was a random skill, item, or anything for that matter. But the other roll was for information, the one free roll per level could roll the information gotcha ten times at once. So the conversation was one normal roll = ten information rolls.

This was a little different from the normal Gotcha that Sokka was used to. He had to try hard to keep his smile down, because while this might be something that would infuriate others. With his luck, this was pretty much a guaranteed win each time. 

With that in mind, Sokka added all of the new stats points that he had gotten into Luck and rolled for the Random Gacha first. A translucent roulette started spinning and mid-spin items started being added to it. So it seemed random.

[Due to this being the first roll. Chances of getting a better item will be increased.]

[This privilege will be terminated after the first roll]

The roulette landed in a red gem.

[The item has been added to your inventory.]

Looking at his inventory and selecting the red gem he was shocked. He expected himself to be lucky… but not this lucky.

__________

[Philosopher's Stone]

A red ruby that seemed like blood crystalized. It is a Legendary item that has been created by the mightiest Alchemist. The item itself borders on divine intervention, being the closest thing to God.

+???

+???

+???

+???

__________

'This is the end game kind of item. This is like finding the holy sword that can beat the Demon King with one slash into the Tutorial Stage.' – thought Sokka. While the reward was something so good, he didn't know what to do with it. How do you even use a Philosopher's Stone?

For now, he decided to dismiss it and think about the stone later. Sokka had 29 more draws and decided to spend one point in the information section of the Gotcha. With one Roll Point, he could roll ten times at once.

[DemonMist is Zabuza Momochi]

[Zabuza Momochi has killed Gato and taken his wealth to help the Hidden Mist Village]

[Zabuza Momochi feels indebted to you and you can use this against him.]

[Lao Ge is the Earthbender who has discovered immortality]

[Lao Ge is located in Ba Sing Se, acting as a homeless man and will be there for two more years. (Location marked in Map)]

[Lao Ge is looking for a worthy disciple, just like he did with Avatar Kyoshi]

[The Cursed Spirit Spear is hidden in the Spirit World (Location Marked in Map)]

[The Cursed Spirit Spear is considered the strongest in the world.]

[While strong <The Cursed Spirit> spear has a thousand evil spirits sealed in it. Anyone who has touched it has gone crazy.]

[The biggest oil reserves in the world lay on the South Pole (Marked on Map)]

"..." Sokka just stared at the screen.

**

Katara noticed her brother had a dead fish look in his eyes and went to him worryingly. "Sokka, is there something wrong?"

"No…" a small smirk came to him first. The look on his face almost seemed malicious, and it made Katara get chills down her spine. But within a split second his looks returned to normal. He gently looked at her and his smile returned to being soft and sincere. "Dear sister."

'Was that my mind playing tricks on me?' – wondered Katara. In the end, she dismissed such thoughts.

**

After some time, Appa had to finally take a break. Sokka entered his zone and went to the river, catching three fish in less than a minute. Aang was a vegetarian, so he would go and find some fruits for himself.

"Can't believe you became so good at fishing," though Katara wouldn't admit it out loud. She was surprised by just how good Sokka was becoming… at everything. 

"My good-looking face must have attracted them," he smiled smugly. Though it was mostly a combination of his [Fishing] Skill and Luck Stats.

Fwish!

Katara throws a ball of water in annoyance, to dose her brother with a dose of reality. But he seemingly dodged as if he had eyes in the back of his head. He looked at his sister and his smug look was ten times worse now. "Ahhh~ I might be such a genius that even my sister is jealous of me~"

His sing-song voice seemed to get on Katara's nerves even more. She started throwing water balls at him, though they wouldn't do any damage, they were sure to soak him. Buy Sokka seemed to easily dodge them, even when she decided to break the water balls close to him to create a splash. Yet, no droplet of water seemed to touch him.

"Ahahaha~ am I some kind of genius seen once in a thousand years?" Sokka said dramatically, looking at the heavens. 

"Get to cooking if you have time to play around!" Katara yelled at him, and her brother went and did that. He seemed to be good enough at cutting the fish without even looking at it. Instead, he kept staring at Katara with a smile on his face.

"Have I ever told you that you are pretty?"

"Huh? Where the hell did that come from?"

"Yeah, I can see how we are related. When you have a handsome brother as you do, then there is no way you will turn ugly." 

**

Their arguments continued until Aang came back, and the Avatar looked around and saw that the ground was very wet. As if a waterbender had been throwing a tantrum.

Katara was pouting to the side while Sokka was trying to appease her by giving her some fish. 

"Sorry about saying that you will become fat from eating fish."

Aang's teachings as a Monk would always help pacify situations. But he knew better than to interfere in a sibling-bickering situation. Because he would end with both Sokka and Katara being mad at him. 

It was strange because in one instance they might be fighting between themselves. But as soon as someone else interfered, or tried to pacify them, they would turn their anger towards the person.

Baaam!!

Suddenly, the ground shook and a loud noise came from afar. Sokka and Katara stopped their arguing and looked towards the forest where the sound came from.

Baam! Baaam! Baaam!...

Suddenly the sound of rocking became even louder. Katara and Aang went to chase after it and see what it was. But Sokka didn't move, and as he saw them running off, he breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally, alone."

Appa and Momo had chased after Aang too. So this gave Sokka a chance to finally do what he had waited for until he was alone. 

[Random Egg] 

An egg the size of his head appeared on his hand and Sokka went to open it. Hoping that luck would be on his side again.

****

A/N: If you wanna join my Discord server to ask any questions or see character pics. Here it is the link:

https://discord.gg/gEar3V3sYF

Chapters in advance in Patreòn 

Pa treon.com/HolyJoker

(20+ chapters in advance)

78