Chapter 26
1.8k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to support me. Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 26

***
Sokka looked towards the door and started counting, “Three, two,” with each number the knife started digging more and more into the warden’s neck. “On-”

“You bastards!! Open the door!” yelled out the warden, and the exit to where the earthbenders were kept opened, Sokka hit the warden with the but of his knock on the back of his head and blacked the man out as his head swished to forward and his face planted into the ground.

‘Did I hit him too hard?’ - wondered Sokka. ‘Well, it doesn't matter either way if that guy dies or not.’

With that in mind, he raised his bloody knife to the air and yelled. “Men!! Let’s take destiny into our own hands today!”

The roar was like that of a merciless beast, and the earthbenders charged, stomping on the downed warden. What no one else seemed to notice was that due to the stampede, the warden was squashed to death and had met a brutal end. Sokka noticed this but didn’t say anything. 

Instead, he was using his [Sense Danger] skill to dodge fireballs and catch arrows mid-air as he led the charge against the prison. The Fire Nation soldiers were fighting hard, with their leader already down, they were disheartened. After all, even if they somehow won, what were they going to do? 

No one knew anything, and Sokka took advantage of the confusion mercilessly, throwing his knife at a soldier with a spear and picking up his weapon. As soon as he had a weapon at hand, he jumped up and amid battle and due to the son obstructing their view, no one noticed his weapon changing. Even those who did, would at worst think that their eyes were playing tricks on them. 

He had equipped the spear <Sky Piercer> which increased his stats by 50 Strength and 40 Agility. Essentially, with this boat, he became an unbeatable monster on the battlefield. He mercilessly cut up Fire Nation soldiers without mercy. 

Unlike how many people might contemplate killing others and how it was wrong. Sokka didn’t care. They were endangering his life, he wasn’t foolish enough to go easy on an enemy who was ready for all intents and purposes to kill him. 

Suddenly, a squad of firebenders formed and shot an array of fire at Sokka, who swung his spear, creating a swish of wind that pushed the fire upward. Then with a step that made his foot dent the metal floor below him, Sokka entered a spearmanship stance and the atmosphere around him turned into that of a deadly martial beast. 

By now, every Fire Nation soldier had one thought in mind.

‘We can not beat him!!!’

That was the daunting reality that dawned on them, and that was when a sense of utter despair surrounded their hearts. The soldiers and guards didn’t want to die, they too had families and children, wives, parents, and siblings waiting for them.

No one wanted to die.

The single thought of survival and sense of pure despair made the Fire Nation soldiers see no way of winning this fight. 

Maybe if they had continued fighting, they would have had a chance to defeat Sokka as they were in familiar territory while he wasn’t. But in their minds, the battle was already over, there was nothing to fight against as the pig couldn't war against a butcher.

When Sokka saw this, he at first contemplated going and killing all of the people here. It would send a message and uproot anyone who dared to fight against him. But in the end, he decided against it as doing that would only bring trouble and that would also add some tension in the group.

Sokka knew that Katar would stay by his side no matter what. Because that was what family does, but Aang’s pacifistic nature might get twisted.

All of these thoughts went through his mind in a split second, and just as he was about to decapitate a soldier who had fallen on the ground. Sokka twirled his spear and pierced the metal below him. 

Clang!

With that, the battle became as quiet as a ghost town and the earthbenders couldn’t believe that they had won even without their bending. Sokka looked everyone in the eye like a force tiger. “Everyone! The battle is won!”

“Is this reality or a dream?”

“No way… we won without bending.”

Some earthbenders dropped to their knees as tears came out of their eyes. Looking at their hands, the men felt a sense of freedom and elected joy rise within their hearts. Sokka smiled at this and then looked back towards the Fire Nation. 

For one side he had become a Demon and for the other, he had become a Saint. Two sides to the same coin. Sighing, he lifted his spear in victory. This kind of victory would have been impossible without some of his skills even though Sokka had not a lot of battle experience. Skills like [Danger Sense] could replace that and fill the gap.

In the end, the Fire Nation soldiers were imprisoned and the corpses were burned into the coal factories. Sokka personally made sure to collect any personal belongings of the enemy soldiers that had died and ordered the ones who had lived to return these things to the deceased families. 

He needed to get a headstart on the process of healing. While he won’t spare anyone who got in his way, Sokka didn’t need to disillusion himself and demonize the enemy needlessly. They were human too and he understood that humans held grudges. He also knew that the ceremonial service he was doing was mostly so the families of the people he kills won’t come after him for revenge.

***
Night settled over the water, but the prison was brimming with light. Which surprised Aang and Katara. By the time they came flying on Appa, everything was over, and the whole situation had settled. 

“What happened here?” Asked Aang and as they got closer they got a clearer look and saw Sokka sitting on the ground as the head of a group of prisoners in rags. Though some were thin, some seemed sick and old, while everyone seemed like starving homeless people. There was a sense of joy amongst the people, as they laughed amongst each other. 

Aang was the first to understand what the people were feeling. “Hope…” he muttered. 

“What?” asked Katara. They had made a plan to come and rescue Sokka, but it seemed like the whole ordeal was not needed. Her brother had taken care of things himself. This has become a trend in recent times. He always seemed to solve his problems by himself. 

But seeing him smile so genuinely and laugh with other people made her happy. Having noticed them, Sokka waved at Katara and Aang. “Hey~ come here and let’s enjoy a feast, guys.”

“Guys? Do I look like a guy to you?” Katara pouted while walking towards her brother. Both of the siblings knew that she was just acting annoyed, and there wasn't any outrage to her words. But still, that was enough to start a banter between them.

Aang, having already seen this coming, did the one thing he considered sane and went along the fest and picked the vegetables while introducing himself. “Hi, I am Avatar Aang. call me just Aang please.”

Though Aang was sometimes perturbed by Sokka’s strange actions, he couldn’t help but smile at having such a friend. He had been very lucky this time. - ‘Sokka, thanks for being my friend and helping me.’

***
-Sokka POV-

Did Aang start swinging for the other team? Why is he looking at me like that and smiling? Hopefully, I didn’t change things that much…

Deciding to stash these thoughts at the back of my head, I no longer thought about them and instead was writing in the [Dimensional Chat]. While the feast was happening, I was communicating with Zabuza and freely giving him information about my world. This way he would come to his conclusion that we were from different worlds.

If I told him directly, he wouldn’t believe me and ask how I knew about it since he hadn’t revealed any information about himself. Instead, letting him figure it out would be the safer option. After that, he could open up about himself more once he knows that from another world I couldn’t do anything to him.

If this worked out, then we can start talking about Jutsu and he could maybe send some over. By that, I meant sending a copy-paste scroll on the chat by writing it himself. Then I copy the scroll in this world and try to see if it will turn into a skill book.

This will be a long-term goal that will probably take a lot of time to accomplish. But it was better than nothing. The [Gamer Interface] was trapped within the limits of this world, though it can push those to a ridiculous degree, the confinement will still stand. 

But, if I could get in contact with another world’s skills. Then the whole ordeal changes. Just imagining it made my heart race and got my blood pumping.

*******
A/N: I am currenly Rushing to the Anime Trivia on discord.
If you wanna join here is the link;
https://discord.gg/gEar3V3sYF

76