Chapter 46
1.3k 5 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

Chapter 46

***
Aang, Sokka, and Katara were atop Appa, flying towards their destination. It had been a few days since the last time the water clone of Sokka that was here with them was made.

During the Great Divide when they passed through the canyon with the help of an earthbender. They were also accompanied by two rival clans that Aang helped make peace with. 

Not long after that, they had been caught in a storm and had to settle down. Sokka's clone kept glancing at Katara.

*cough* *cough*

"Maybe we should go and find you a doctor," suggested the clone.

"Don't worry, Sokka, it's just a common cold," she said with a smile on her face.

He nodded and then looked at Aang. "How long do you think we will be staying here for?"

Aang shrugged. "Maybe a day or two. Until Appa rests up, to get us out of that storm he tired himself out."

"Okay then, I will be outside, exploring the surroundings," the water clone got up and walked outside. Aang had an excited look on his face and was about to ask if he could come along. But Sokka's water clone shut him off. "Also please look after Katara, she seems a little sick."

"I told you I am okay," Katara pouted, but Sokka's water clone didn't take her words into account.

After walking into the forest it looked around suspiciously. Unlike the original, he didn't have any of the Gamer Interface functions. Even the skills he inherited from the original were barely 1/10th as good, maybe even weaker.

Still, though, he had [Sense Danger] and could sense it around 0.01s before it happened. Which wasn't useful, but today, the water clone had another goal. He wasn't here to explore as he said but to dispel himself. Unable to send messages to the original, this was the only way he could notify Sokka that something was wrong.

But something unexpected happened. 

Fwish! Fwish! Fwish!

Arrows flew towards him with pinpoint precision, nailing him to a tree before he could react, or do anything. The cone looked at the arrows and saw that they had only hit his clothes. "Yuyan Archers…" the clone whispered, before he slammed the back of his head into the tree, dispelling himself, and turning back to water.

That freaked out the other archers when they saw it, but they were soldiers trained into being calm and collected. They were the best archers in the world, so if there was something they didn't understand, it was best to report it to the higher-ups.

They rushed back to their heavily guarded stronghold and saw a figure atop the wall. The archers immediately bowed. "Princess Azula! We have some strange news to report to you!"

"Oh?" The young princess looked at the archers intrigued. She was someone who is considered a prodigy for her age, and pretty enough that in the future any husband would be happy to have her.

The archers who had come back seemed almost afraid as if they had seen a ghost. Only their strict training was keeping them from screaming out in fear. "Then get on with it, I don't have all the time in the day."

"We saw one of Avatar's comrades close by and tried to capture him. But we failed," the leader of the Yuyan Archers squad that was outside for tracking spoke with a shaky voice. The memory of Sokka turning into water still haunted him. The Fire Nation hadn't fought Waterbenders in quite a while, but everyone knew that bending didn't mean one could turn their body into water. "As suspected, the Avatar is close by. But…"

He knew that he would sound crazy if he said out loud what they saw. But he also understood that Princess Azula wasn't someone forgiving. "Sokka, one of the Avatar's companions turned himself into water."

"Okay, so he is an illusionist?" Questioned Azula, and that was when the men came to a realization. While they had assumed immediately their enemy had a special ability that only a Spirit would have, the Princess had a more logical explanation to what they had seen. "Still, running away from your enemy is treason. So spend a couple of months in jail, maybe then you will understand that running away wasn't an option."

"Please! Princess! Forgive us!"

"We only did what the commander wanted us to do!"

"Please…"

But Azula walked off, not hearing any more of their excuses. What they were worried about wasn't going to prison, but being fired, because if a Fire Nation soldier is imprisoned, it's the same as saying that he was fired. The Yuyan Archers had trained their whole lives in the art of the bow, so they didn't know any other way of life except how to be a soldier.

Colonel Shinu, a tall man, with mutton chops for a mustache and he had on the traditional firebender uniform, but without the helmet. This person had initially been in charge of the fortress until Azula came.

"Princess, firing Yuyan Archers will come at a great cost," the man tried to persuade her. "Training the archers takes a lot of time, and each of them is worth twenty men in any battlefield."

Azula frowned and stopped walking, turning around and looking the Colonel straight in his eyes. "Are you questioning my decision?"

"N -No, princess, I am simply informing you that Yuyan Archers are hard to train," he swallowed nervously. Having seen what Azula was capable of, he didn't want to find himself on the opposing side of her wrath.

She then turned around and kept walking. "You would have to be stupid to let those men anywhere near close a battlefield. Didn't you see their eyes? They were scared of something unnatural."

"Yes, that must have been quite an illusionist-"

"Are you braindead?" Azula questioned him. "If an illusionist was so good, then he would be famous around the world. It's probably some kind of Spirit."

"Then… wouldn't that make it even more dangerous."

"No, spirits have been pushed off this world by humans, there is no reason to be afraid of them illogically," the young princess stated fearlessly. "Also the next time you ask a question, you will be court-martialed."

"Y -Yes… princess…"

***
At the same time, in a forest far away, something was moving through the trees like a shadow. 

Fwish!

Sokka, who had just gotten the notification that his clone had been dispelled, was rushing towards where Aang and Katara were. He had pinged them in his [Map] since they were friendly, he could do so.

But, unlike Shadow Clones, Water Clones don't send back memories and that worries Sokka. Because in his mind, the worst kind of scenarios were playing. 

With the help of [Sky Piercer] Spear, his running speed was almost as fast as a cheetah's top speed. These last days, he had been training himself, leveling up skills like [Chi Blocking] and [Kyoshi Style Martial Arts] which have increased his Agility quite a bit. 

Officially his Agility passed over 50 so he had earned a new skill.

[Bullet Time - Lvl Max]
[Can be used only once a day and for 10 Minutes it increases the users running speed by 300%]

He contemplated using it, but in the end, there was no other choice.

[Bullet Time - Activated]

The world around him became darker and blurry, as his running speed increased past what he could keep up with. At first, he was almost about to smash into a tree, but luckily he was able to dodge it in combination with his [Sense Danger] Skill. 

So, relying on his Luck and [Sense Danger], Sokka decided to use Bullet Time to its full limits and he moved at speeds impossible for the human body.

************
A/N: If you wanna join my Discord server to ask any questions or see character pics. Here it is the link:
https://discord.gg/bqadGRAUHA

52