Chapter 60 – Old Man’s Favor
936 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 60 - Old Man's Favor

***
Bumi sizzled in excitement, normally he could predict most situations. That was due to his experience and long life, there hadn't been a lot of situations that he hadn't seen by now. But this was a first, a young man from the Southern Water Tribe, who also knew a face-switching ability. It seemed to be at a high level too since he didn't need to create fake skin.

Sokka on the other hand was calm, his body stood straight and motionless like always. His breathing cycle didn't change either, there was no sign of panic or nervousness from him. This showed his skills at hiding his emotions, and Bumi couldn't help but think that Sokka was an even better candidate than he initially thought.

"Where did you learn something like that from?" Inquired Bumi, cackling after the question, as if he had heard the funniest thing.

"Here and there," Sokka waved his hand. "There is not a lot to do in the Southern Water Tribe, but learn skills and boringly train them repetitively."

"Oh? That's a very vague explanation, it felt like you explained something. But in actuality, you didn't explain anything." Bumi explained what he had done, in key detail. He had seen straight through Sokka. But knowing that the young man wouldn't say anything anymore either way. He decided to change the subject. "How did you get down here?"

Sokka pointed at his face as if to say that he already showed how. Through the mask. Bumi on the other hand didn't feel any frustration at this, and only excitement, at his old age there was something he couldn't piece together. The sense of mystery made it even more exciting.

"My army never moved and is there where the sun doesn't shine," Bumi muttered. His gaze filled with unusual glee. "Last time we met, you were passable and good, though a little violent, now you are impressive. Calm and collected. I have never seen someone change as fast as you."

Sokka didn't say anything about that. He had his weaknesses, like everyone else. His emotions could run rampant too sometimes. With the Gamer Interface, if he hadn't grown at least this much then he would consider himself useless. But he won't change Bumi's perception of him. It wasn't like the Gamer Interface was something he ever planned to reveal.

Still, where the sun doesn't shine? The army hasn't moved? 

While to others that might seem like a hard riddle, to someone like Sokka who previously had access to the internet. He might not be some riddle-solving genius, but he would easily guess that the people and army now were underground of Omashu. 

With that in mind, Sokka started walking away, then he stopped as he was about to walk outside and turned around. "Please survive until the end of the war, Aang would be quite devastated if you died."

After saying that, Sokka walked off, closing the heavy steel door behind him. 

***
Azula was on Mai's bed with Ty Lee and Mai. As they lay down there, many thoughts went through the princess's mind.

"Hey, Mai, you used to like Zuko right?" Azula suddenly asked out of nowhere, surprising her friends. 

"..." Mai stayed quiet about that, causing their friends to take it as a sign of confirmation.

But Azula didn't mind. "So, what do you do when you like someone? Or want to date them?"

"Kyaa!!" Ty Lee jumped up in joy, she couldn't believe what she was hearing and immediately went to hug Azula. 

The princess grabbed onto Mai and dragged her. "If I am suffering her either way, doing so alone would be troublesome."

Azula then threw Ty Lee as if she was a cat, and she landed on Mai. Which caused the circus girl to hug her deeply.

Suddenly the door to their room opened. Azula was ready to burn off the face of the guard who did it, but it was Sokka. He just stood there, and due to playing around the girls were intertwined with each other and their clothes rippled. 

Sokka blinked once, twice, and slowly closed the door. "Sorry for interrupting you. Never thought you three had that kind of relationship."

"Wait! No!" Azula yelled out panicky, she didn't want Sokka to think that she liked girls. This isn't what you think.

"Yeah, I was just hugging Azula, and then she threw me at Mai," Ty Lee innocently stated with a smile on her face. 

But Sokka seemed unconvinced and looked at the girls. "Don't worry, I don't discriminate against this kind of thing and won't tell anyone."

***
-Azula POV-

THIS IS EMBARRASSING!!

I could see it in his slouched eyes, he suspects me of being into girls. Damn it! I wanted to get him to like me.

After all, since I would have to be married anyway, sooner or later, I would choose Kuzon as my husband. He was skilled enough, and also smart enough to stand by my side. 

But having him suspicious if I like boys or girls will make the situation harder. In the end, this was a battle of smarts, and even if I said that I didn't like girls that way, Kuzon wasn't someone who was convinced with just words. So then it must be with actions. 

How do you prove that you don't like someone? Hit Ty Lee? No, that would be too forceful, and someone like him would see right through it.

So how can I convince him? The method must be quick, ruthless, and convincing. I mustn't falter in this and show true decisiveness.

Kuzon kept looking and slightly walking back, so I was within a time limit.  

So, without thinking too much, I grabbed Ty Lee by the back of her head and kissed her on the lips. While my eyes stayed glued to Kuzon, now this would show him that even though I was kissing Ty Lee, it didn't mean that I liked it.

Wait… this might have been a bad decision.

Suddenly I felt Ty Lee start touching my breast, and use some tongue in our kiss.

Oy, oy, oy, aren't you taking this too far?!

"Stop," I pushed her away, and both Kuzon and Mai looked at us as if they had seen a mythical creature.

Turning towards Kuzon, I saw him close the door and walk away. 

I made the situation worse!

***
-Sokka POV-

Well, that was something. Also, Ty Lee didn't seem to mind it too much either. This was a war and I wasn't here to question anyone, but… damn, did I change so much of the timeline?

Did Ty Lee and Azula develop feelings for each other? Damn, now at best I can hope to be a good friend for Azula. The plan was to have her fall for me and use that as leverage for her to change sides. Well, the show never explicitly showed how Azula felt about the opposite gender. She might be in a Korra-like situation where she ends up with Ty Lee.

Well, anyway, this wasn't that important. Soon I must go to the spirit world and try to get some things that would be useful. Currently, the Dimensional Chat members are all offline.

It was normal for Vali, as by now he probably had a lot going on with his life. But Zabuza was different, he probably wanted to see how we could exchange Jutsu between each other. He should have been the first one to try and contact me.

Well, I will try talking to him later. Right now, I need to go to the Spirit World and try to get something from that place. Now I just needed to put some thoughts in Azula's mind and make her think that I was perfect for spying missions. 

That's so I could be away without raising any suspicions. Leaving a Water Clone with Azula wasn't a good idea, because the little minx was smart enough to notice something strange. 

Hmmm… how should I play this? 

*********
A/N: Azula's sense of romance is a little twisted as it was shown during the show. I mean she didn't have the greatest example of love while growing up.

 

41