Chapter 5: Unequivical prove of intelligent life
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sylksskra inhaled as she prepared herself for the deceleration as it hit her, the simple force of it of exiting the spacial warp and back into real space was always exhilarating though it is a feeling that she would probably never get the hang off as the voidcraft came to a sudden stop and all was quiet for a bit.

She started breathing again as she let out a happy chirp “Wonderful news sir, this one can confirm that our voidcraft has successfully jumped to the new system” She announced with song as the entire helm erupted in chirping and trilling “All systems are stable as well” She quickly added as the queasy feeling from the jump finally dissipated into the feeling of excitement of what is to discover.

Weird anomalies, rare gasses, forms of life that challenge Kassia’s greatest minds… Those are all welcomed to be discovered and archived. Another helm rider pushed a button and the screens came online and all around them constant images of their surroundings can be seen through the sensors.

‘That is truly wondrous’ She thought as she turned to look at the gas giant they anchored their jump to, a massive example with a beautiful array of muddy brown to bright red color. In fact, a certain red spot on the giant seem to indicate a gargantuan storm occurring that might’ve been started centuries ago.

“Alright people, we helm riders know what to do, the Archivists would love to examine the closest celestial body first so whilst we’re at it we’ll go and scan the gas giant but I want you all to plot a course to efficiently dart around all celestial bodies in the system and then point us towards the next system on our exploratory route” Senior Helm Rider Rasnessk sang to reminded everyone with a flick of his tail.

“What do you mean next system? Isn’t this the last one we’ll be exploring for our trip to the stars?” One of the other Helm Riders sang out loud “Well of course, this just means that we must try that much harder to discover and archive that much more on this one” He sung cheerfully.

Sylksskra drooped her ear as she turned to him “Shall we send a signal back to announce that we’ve arrived in the system?” She asked with a song as she pointed towards an old rule “Wonderfully well observed junior, yes that will be nice, 2nd class Helm Rider Ollfianss?” Rasnessk sang to one such named.

“Yeah?” A quick chirp came back “Would you be willing to be the one to send the signal back?” Rasnessk singed as his crown feathers brightened “It would be this one’s pleasure senior, this one will get it done quickly” Came the responding sound as Sylksskra watched the rider exit the room for the comm station.

‘Wonder what there is to find in the system, mayhaps we find something of note mayhaps not’ She composed as she stared outward to the far reaching void. Her sight turned towards the sole habitable planet of the system, it was a beautiful shade of blue and green much like her own feathers as she stared at the light side blanketed by the sun’s warmth, not noticing the myriad of lights from the dark.

 

Phil frowned as he looked at his computer screen watching the torrent of comments on the online forum posting websites that he was on. It has only been an hour since the so-called alien vessel was discovered and already people were reacting in the way that people would normally react, by panicking.

Or if they don’t feel like looting or creating a dumpster fire then they would try to cope through various other means by either ignoring that it existed or doing what they do best on the internet, creating memes and shitposts for all to see though the majority of people are obviously panicking.

He sighed as he exited the conversations which kept spiraling out of control as people tried to rally others onto a glorious crusade to defend Mother Earth or romanticizing the aliens as some force which would help all of humanity achieve their grand destiny, solve climate change and end all wars.

‘Hogwash, as unfortunate as it is, when a technologically dominant faction meets a more primitive one in history… it never ends well for the natives like it did in good ole America and soon well… we’ll see’ Phil thought as he took a sip from his mug of chocolate and switched to a certain chat room ‘I wonder what the others in the speculative biology chat room I’m apart of are saying’ He wondered as he entered…

 

RedEyeMad119: Yo, what’s up? Why are people suddenly talking about aliens and such?

Mitchel1992: Did you not see the news? We’re not alone in the universe anymore, aliens just visited the solar system!

RedEyeMad119: For real? Shit I must have missed it!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: We shall repel these xenos filth!

JohnyredFUR2: Dude, stop roleplaying this is serious, we’re talking about actual aliens here.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Heretic Furry, you shall see when they come!

RedEyeMad119: Again…

Mitchel1992: Ignore him, he’s just reliving his childhood or something.

JohnyredFUR2: Seriously guys, this is a speculative biology forum not a tabletop forum or something, can we just please just speculate about the aliens and then panic later?

PhillisTheScienceMan: Sure.

RedEyeMad199: Fine with me.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Very well, I shall forgive your heresy for now.

Mitchel1992: Yeah I wonder what they look like and what they’re like… if they don’t kill us all.

GaryGaryGaryGary: Same really, it would be nice if they’re like space puppies that are like dogs but from space!

Fluffymoth14F2: It would make things more interesting, I’m just hoping that they’re not the grey extremely humanoid aliens we see in like ever Sci-Fi Media ever!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Similarity will not save the xenos from their heretic filth nor would it save the heretics!

JohnyredFUR2: Seriously, how did you even get in this chat room? Mod is this allowed?

AverageDiscModerator101: Well he’s not breaking any rules so… yeah nothing wrong with it… also I’m kind of lazy on banning or kicking people.

JohnyredFUR2: Goddammit.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Glorious Vicotry!!!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Victory!!!

RedEyeMad199: lol, what a typo.

GaryGaryGaryGary: What about cute space cats? Nekos anyone?

RedEyeMad199: GOD NO!!!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: HERESY DETECTED!!!

PhillisTheScienceMan: Did you hit your head somewhere or are you naturally stupid?

Fluffymoth14F2: Yah fuck no mate!

Mitchel1992: Dude for real?

JohnyredFUR2: I may be a furry but just… no… I agree with the space marine with this one for once!

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: You shall redeem yourself from your taint if you keep this up furry!

AverageDiscModerator101: Yeah… the furry and the xenophobic roleplayer agreed that your idea is shit so try something else… sorry mate.

GaryGaryGaryGary: Aww… I thought it was a good idea.

PhillisTheScienceMan: Well it’s not so there’s that.

GaryGaryGaryGary: Hey Phillis, you’re a researcher from Antartica right?

PhillisTheScienceMan: Yeah? I focus on biology and such.

GaryGaryGaryGary: What does the ScienceMan think on all this?

PhillisTheScienceMan: …I have absolutely no idea but I’m if sci-fi is anything to go by, the aliens will be hot chicks and we can fuck them or maybe there will be hot aliens dudes as well for the girls…

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: HERESY! To fuck a xeno is to proliferate their kind which is the highest form of HERESY!!!

PhillisTheScienceMan: Realistically I expect maybe some weird 3 legged 2 headed being with 7 eyes or something… biology is weird and so is evolution and anything can happen.

AverageDiscModerator101: It is a hard question to answer.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Perhaps it is a ship of humanity here to help us to the stars or perhaps FILTHY XENOS MASQUERADING AS HUMANITY!!!

JohnyRedFUR2: No… just no… that is a dumb idea.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Enlighten me with your backwards thinking then you filthy furry.

JohnyRedFUR2: Sure… what about cute fluffy space raptors?

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Heresy!

RedEyeMad199: Lol, that’s not going to happen at all.

Mitchel1992: Sorry dude, it’s not happening.

Fluffymoth14F2: Unfortunately, no but fluffy is good.

JohnyRedFUR2: Wanna bet?

PhillisTheScienceMan: No, I don’t bet anymore, just lost a hundred bucks to a bet recently.

Fluffymoth14F2: For what?

PhillisTheScienceMan: Aliens coming into the solar system this year.

Fluffymoth14F2: Oof mate.

RedEyeMad199: That’s unfortunate but I’ll take that bet.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: I shall partake in this act to show your backwardness furry scum!

Fluffymoth14F2: Sure I’ll bet that they’re fluffy, fluff is nice, fluffy moths are cute.

Mitchel1992: I’ll go with a no then.

GaryGaryGaryGary: I bet that they are not fluffy space raptors, that’s just absurd.

AverageDiscModerator101: Says the guy that suggested neko space catgirls, I’ll bet yes to even it out a bit more.

PhillisTheScienceMan: I’ll just abstain from this debauchery.

AverageDiscModerator101: You’re probably the smartest of us all for that singular decision.

PhillisTheScienceMan: Well, the blizzard is clearing so I’ll go see you guys later alright? Have to go study penguins when the world is holding its breathe at the sight of extraterrestrials.

JohnyRedFUR2: Sure, see you later mate.

Fluffymoth14F2: Bye Bye Mate.

Mitchel1992: I’ll see you later than.

RedEyeMad199: Yo have a good day researching penguins.

AverageDiscModerator101: Try not to die out there in Antarctica.

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: May the empruh be with you, citizen.

GaryGaryGaryGary: As the president of the kingdom of Gary, I bid you fare thee well… oh god I can’t stop laughing how can you do this shit EMPRUH?

FORTHEEMPRUH1!!!: Dedication to the survival of mankind and our conquest of the stars starting with this craft of hapless xenos whom are here to conquer us, I can tell and the empruh… he protects us all!

PhillisTheScienceMan: Okay goodbye you all.

 

Phil breathed a sigh of relief as he exited the chat room, his profile picture going dark as he took it all in ‘Okay, so that’s how the guys in the forums and chat are reacting… I wonder how badly things are on popular platforms with millions if not billions of users’ He wondered as he pulled his phone to check.

Instantly on the most popular video sharing platform of WeTube, the recommended sections were let say completely soaked in videos of people talking about the alien ship, talking about what to do in this situation about anticipation and about how not to die if they potentially invaded us.

There was also video about news as this has become the discussion of the century, people blaming the 20s as not being the roaring 20s but a pile of shit and other such things “The answer is even worse and panicking hard” He said out loud as he exited the app.

Then he hesitated as he opened one of the social media sites and saw the raging fires that are people fearing for their lives, others promising that they will shoot any aliens that come near them and even more just plain panicking at the prospect of an alien invasion.

Back in the 20th century or so when people thought that Martians existed, there were no panic as people at the time really didn’t care about potential invasion when the 2 world wars were happening where they thought that nothing can leave the orbit of Earth at all.

In more modern times however, people do not know if alien life exists, consume a lot of media that shows aliens invading Earth committing a lot of atrocities and knows that things can exit the orbit of Earth and now you just plop an obvious extraterrestrial space ship that appeared over Jupiter out of bloody nowhere and you can probably see the shitstorm that was about to commence.

People now only an hour after the discovery are crowding every local stores as news sites indicate grabbing and hoarding whatever they can as everyone wants to be prepared for a possible alien invasion now that it is actually plausible whilst others are trying to calm the panicking crowd.

‘It’s an absolute shitshow’ Phil realized as he sighed and looked out the window ‘At least the blizzard has cleared up…’ He thought as he took a sip of hot cocoa before looking back on screen and saw a certain something that is particularly not safe for most types of work.

“I just realized something… If we ever find out what the aliens look like and they’re not going to kill us all… there’s going to be a lot of pornography… We humans just keeps straying further and further into degeneracy haven’t we…” He said out loud as he saw Ellie blitz through the door to look at him in shock.

 

Syllksskra let out a yawn as she cleaned her antenna again, the sensitive organ requiring maintenance every once in a while to stay fully operational and clean “How long is it until the scanning of the planet is over again?” One of the other bored Helm Rider sang in question.

Her brother let out a low hiss at the questioning song “It will take at least another day or two for the scanning probes to pick up on anything particularly interesting on the planet’s surface and that’s just a cursory scan” Rasnessk sang the same song in loop as he glared at the helm rider in question.

Sylksskra just splayed out her antenna and ears as she turned back to look at the gas giant they were analyzing. The gigantic storm of red that they were hovered over seem to rage on as she silently stared at its constant swirling, slow and almost methodical as she rested her head on a wing as she kept on staring and staring yawning again before her mind says ‘Fuck it’ and she fell asleep.

A loud bang caused her to jerk up with a surprised chirp as she looked around to see Fallschrimm and a few other Archivists entering the helm “What is the meaning of this? This one can concur that it’s a very boring day today but you of all people should be knowledgeable about that” Rasnessk sang in question.

“Senior Helm Rider Rasnessk, it is a truly astonishing discovery! We must turn off our course from the gas giant and turn course immediately!” One of the Archivists sang as everyone stared at them “This once can concur, it is very important and worth looking into” Her brother Fallschrimm sang along.

The other Archivists seem to form a choir as they started to blur their singing onto what they should do as Rasnessk tries to understand them ‘This one wonders what the Archivists are up to, they never acted like this before’ Sylksskra thought as she listened in, ears perked.

“Alright everyone SHUT!” Rasnessk ordered with an angered hiss and ruffling of crown feathers as all singing in the room stopped at his command “Alright then, Fallschrimm you have at most 25 notes to sing to this one about what the fuck is going on before you are all removed!” He sang his intent in anger.

Fallschrimm seem to be in think composing of a song before he let out a hiss to clear his throat through the 6 breathing holes “We Archivists have managed to decrypt the transmission we’ve been receiving and found that they are of mathematical formulas” He sang as all else in the helm goes truly quiet.

‘Is he singing about the transmission from this system? The one we sang about…’ Sylksskra composed as she remembered that duet “Where?” Rasnessk chirped with a surprised tone “From the sole habitable planet on this system sir” He sang a simple song in answer to the question as the helm got even quieter.

“You can’t be serious, we spotted no mining outposts, spotted no voidcrafts anywhere, there’s no voidstation and we haven’t even gotten hailed unless… they’re primitive” Rasnessk seem to realize as Sylksskra got to work immediately connecting the sensors on the helm to the telescope of the craft.

“Someone give us a close up view of that planet immediately!” Rasnessk ordered with song as in a split second she managed to finalize the procedure and they all saw a close up view of the planet and it was clear as day as the it magnified showing various cities and the countryside of Earth itself.

Everything was silent once again as Sylksskra stared at it, her own crest feathers brightening as she looked to see the others have the same or similar reactions “Do you know what this means?” Someone sang a question in excitement.

“Of course, once the public knows what these aliens look like there will be a lot more pornography to watch when we get back home” That single song set of the bomb that was the mix of tension and excitement in the room as it turned to pandemonium cheering, chirping and trilling as everyone including Sylksskra composed of the same simple thought song ‘We’re not alone out here!’ and another about ‘May The Glow forgive this one’s kind for straying further into degeneracy’

1