Chapter 3: Daily Life
774 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passes since my new life started in this new world and I am grateful that this is the modern world, not some medieval or ancient times since I can imagine my life there will be hard as hell since there is not comfort of the modern world I use the life in my past. Can you imagine a life without a Toilet?

Yeah, but from what I've observed this world is not the 21st century, because there are things like that giant cellphone that my mother used, Typewriter, and Vhs tapes.

Maybe I am in the past of the 20th century but what year and also bless god because this is not the time of WW2, I should check the calendar or look up for any sign what year I am-"poop" ...seriously... this I just... freaking carp myself... sigh...

Here I go...

"baby crying nose"

After some time of me crying loud, a beautiful woman with yellow-blonde hair came to me and lift me up.

"Hey there Xenovia, is there something wrong? ...oh... so that it will come here and I will take care of it.", I still couldn't understand what she is saying but I guess my diapers will change now.

Being a baby for me is also hard but like all things, it has its own benefits and downsides, and one of them is this. I also don't like available of doing anything on my own without the risking of dying or injuring myself severely since newborn babies like me have a very delicate body which also brings another problem, muscle is so weak that it may not nonexistent at all.

I can't move my body on a complex level yet like standing up or jumping.

"and it's now done, and it smells bad. sheesh, well I will put you back on your crib now.", I look at my mother who is looking at my diapers and clearly smelling the bad smell coming from them, I giggle at that sight.

She puts me back into my crib and goes outside to put it in the trash.

When she is out of my sight, I just stare at the ceiling, observing it with great details so I can pass time when the diner comes. this is one of my way I develop recently to pass time without knowing it, other than imagining and clearing my mind.

Welp, I am sure if someone sees me they will think I am weird or abnormal since the majority of babies cannot do what I can do and I am afraid that the government will experiment on me, although it is an absurdly fear that I conjure thanks to my paranoia that keeps increasing every time I think about something.

I am now disturbed when my mother picks me up suddenly and my concentration on the ceiling is gone and slowly my perception is now being a return to my surroundings.

We go to the living room of the house and there I see some very looking delicious foods like Stake and such but... those are for her and the one I am "eating" is that bottle of milk near the corner of the table. She sits down and she grabs it and puts it in my mouth.

The milk enters my mouth and when it touches my tongue, I feel the delicious "flavor" and start to suck more as I enter a state of euphoria. I want to feel it more but alas nothing lasts for eternity. There is no more milk and I want to feel that feeling again and wanted to cry but I manage to control myself.

This is seriously dangerous, if not for my mental fortitude I will succumb to its effects when I first taste it, it feels like I reach enlightenment but the temptation is no match with the experience I have gone through in my mother's womb!

and speaking of my mother, this is one of the benefits of being a baby since I can't do anything yet she basically does anything for me. She basically becomes a caretaker of me and since I am lazy as heck this is like a dream come true!

If only I can only move then I will be satisfied with my life.

She puts me down and started eating too and watching on that old wooden television I see on shows.

I just ignore it and go back to sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Griselda Pov

"Finally! some peace and quiet time for me.", I open the television to see if there some stuff that might be interesting to watch after all a woman also need to relax after doing many exhausting things like doing the chores in the house. I slice a piece of the steak I cooked a while ago and just praise myself for doing a good job for a beginner like me.

I continue doing my own things until suddenly Xenovia cry out of the blue, to which I immediately respond since I don't want my free time to be short live and want to enjoy it more.

I pick her up to my arms and start to calm her down and make her cry stop. It takes some time but she stops crying and gently puts her down beside me.

"Jeez, you are quite a task of yourself Xenovia. I mean seriously you just interrupt my free time on this whole day...", I start to complain about the everyday task I have to do in the house. "I mean, don't get me wrong that I promise to your mother that I will take care of you but seriously somehow doing these things are more exhausting than literally fighting for my life and the church...", I pause talking when I look at the sleeping face of her.

It is filled with content and tranquility as if she is living in a paradise. I blink and blink multiple times, just looking at her feels me with a strange feeling that I can't describe with any words I can think of.

I continue looking at her until she smiles... Now I am feeling happiness for some reason?

and... I want to feel more of it, but I am taken away when I hear the phone ringing so I go there to see what it is but I unknowingly smile.

"Hello, who is this?", I ask on the phone to see what is that they want. Apparently, it's about Aurora's funeral that will be happening next week... "So, that is all right? thank you." I put back the phone and look at the picture of me and her in our late teenage years, back when we are celebrating the new year with our close friends. it is a memorable moment that still to this day I wish I will last forever.

I just sigh and look at Xenovia, and I see near the couch is her sitting and smiling at me.

I rub my eyes and she isn't there, maybe I just really miss her presence. Well, let's go back now and continue eating.

21