Mutation
385 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aileen sneakily closes the door of her current house. She proceeded to close the window and block it with the curtains. After ensuring that no one can peek at her, Aileen opened the lid of the cylinder glass on her hands, with a face of disgust, she poured the content on the sink. No matter how aromatic it smells to her or how her stomach grumbled, Aileen, with a human mentality, will never consume essence.

Aileen touched her grumbling stomach and sighed. Oh, how she wanted to gulp that essence back in her mouth and fill her empty stomach. 

To prevent herself from thinking of her hunger any longer, Aileen decided to study the magic booklet given by Zaxia, the current head of Lilith's Association. 

'They're mostly illusion spells.' 

Aileen mumbled in disappointment but understood it. Succubuses have a great affinity with mana, but because succubuses are a race that makes use of their good-looking appearances, illusion magic that can complement what they're lacking became their main weapons. And so, Aileen held a magic booklet that contains almost illusion spells.

While Aileen was browsing for useful spells she can learn, the pang of hunger repeatedly attacked her. Aileen's hand slowly turned a page while her sight started to become blurry.

Two weeks. She refused to eat for two weeks. Aileen has thinned considerably at these two weeks, just because she refused to eat essence.  Aileen held her head with her other free hand and her head buzzed with noises. It felt like her head was overloaded with something, and she felt heavy. There was a feeling of wanting to faint, puke, or sleep.

"Ahh." Aileen groaned, she tried to squint her eyes and managed to see a word in the magic booklet she's holding. Emotion.

Yeah, if only I can feed on emotions rather than essence, that will be good.

Aileen wished before her sight blacked out.

---

"Zaxia, can you feel that?" Lucious stood up from his seat and Zaxia, who was sitting opposite of him, also narrowed her eyes. 

"This feels like some demon is evolving a level," Zaxia mumbled. Her upturned eyes turned to the current head of Asmodeus Association. 

"Why are you so surprised?" In the demon world, some demons evolving is not surprising at all.

"No. It's not evolving, Zaxia. It's mutation." Lucious violet-jewel-like eyes shone. 

Zaxia's eyes narrowed, her fire-like pupils constricted. Lucious is not some incubus demon who's skilled in lying, so probably, what he said was the truth. 

"Are you even sure? Lucious, mutating is rare. Much rarer than being birthed with a name." Zaxia doubted. 

"Rare, you say? Didn't a baby succubus in your association recently born in mana converge? To top it off, she was a named demon. So, I say, this unknown demon mutation is not." Lucious reasoned and snorted in smugness, having to win an argument.

Zaxia was speechless for a while. After the silence reigned for five minutes, Lucious stared at Zaxia.

"Should we check it out?"

"Why should we? It's not like it's a succubus or incubus. I highly suspect that the demon mutating is a pride-type or a wrath-type. A lust-type demon, mutating? Only two in our history can be found." Zaxia rolled her eyes. 

"I mean, a mutated demon's essence is sure to be nutritious, don't you think so?" Lucious wriggled his beautiful eyebrows, and Zaxia's attention was caught.

"...F*ck. You're quite right. Let's check it out." 

 

5