Changed
100 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 1: The change 

 

I sat in class, head on the desk listening to the monotone drone of a man that didn’t want to be here, my teacher. 

 

There was a quiet hum of noise at the back and chromebooks being tapped just too fast to be typing. 

 

I was trying to zone out but I still chose to write knowing I should do it now then take even a minute away from my free time. 

 

Then the lights went out, then the monitor and even the chromebooks blinked out, our classroom was plunged into complete darkness the curtains stopping the sun’s approach. 

 

Then light returned like it never happened power suddenly turned back on but only the monitor and lights. “Hey, my chromebook still doesn’t work!” Alex a short kid who usually hangs down at the library calls out. 

 

Other kids voiced their opinions agreeing and finding that extremely weird, “The backup generator is running, that’s why the lights work but I dont know about your chromebooks.” My teacher Adran said, not helping the situation calmly or settle at all, just adding coal to the fire. 

 

Then the world went still and an invisible force spread over the world blanketing the world, Earth, in an invisible power that affected every living organism and set the process for the nonliving to enter the world of the living. 

 

All it took was an instant a single instant to spread this force the world was entering a phase, a stage it has never seen before. 

 

Monstrosities from your nightmares would plow the streets while the monster under the bed wouldnt just be a story. 

 

This change brought the system, an entity created by a greater existence for his bitter entertainment. 

 

Some worlds watched the new ones fight for survival with amusement remembering a time when that was them. 

 

Unbeknownst to Jake and the world at large. All he saw and everyone else was a screen blanketing their view.

 

Hello Humans, I the system have very welcoming you into the system!

But if you dont want to accept this loving gift click

HERE!

I was so so confused. What what?!! Am I sleeping? Lifting my head I looked around at the other students seeing their confused looks while the screen disappeared from view but barely a second when another one came into sight.

HA oh, you didn’t fall for it.

Well anyway please heed my words as they might very well save you from death.

Your planet has been morphed with another world (has to be a certain size), while your wildlife has morphed or grown into more violent and monstrous creatures. 

Every time you kill one of these creatures or do something that has a significant impact you will earn change points, these change points can impact you in a plethora of ways from growing wings to growing blade hands. 


High-grade weaponry and electricity have been absorbed into energy and any attempt to make any of these things will result in severe hostility.

To get a basic window of your current self say ‘status’

To see a more detailed window of yourself and what is happening say ‘expanded self’

To gain your starter rewards say ‘rewards’

I wish you well in your struggles! 

Note: You only have 10 minutes to the completion of the change 

Note: You need to eliminate the opposing world to gain control of this world. 

 

I read it again then another time shock, panic, fear, disbelief on my face, “there’s no way…” I say muttering under my breath barely below a whisper. 

 

“Sir, what is this?!” A female student, Veronica an athletic, beautiful, and academically smart girl asked slight panic mixed in her voice.

 

“I-I don’t know I- I’m sorry this is so strange.” He slumped back in his chair carefully thinking about this while some students muttered status and the other words, brave or stupid I wouldnt know as I watched their reaction staring off into an unknown screen. 

 

Seeing no head explosion and being very intrigued by the screens and still being half-delirious I quietly muttered “status.”

Name: Jake High 

Race: Human 

Changes: 

Change points: 1000

Abilities: 

S rank:

A rank:

B rank: 

C rank: 

D rank: 

E rank:

F rank: 

Inventory:

S rank:

A rank:

B rank: 

C rank: 

D rank: 

E rank:

F rank: 

 

What is this? A game window? A thought appeared a terrifying cascading thought that spiraled out of control growing stronger and stronger with every passing moment an RPG Apocalypse.

 

I needed to act quickly if I was on the money I’ll be in danger very soon I cast my gaze around realizing most people now were looking into the distance a blank expression on their face reading something invisible to me. 

 

“Reward,” I said trying to hide my nerves only focusing on what this reward is. 

Rewards: 

You can only choose ONE of the following rewards from the list below. 

  • 1 random E rank ability
  • 1 F rank ability you can choose
  • A complete guide on what is going to happen in the next year and what is already happening

 

E rank would be better than an F rank ability but you can choose an F rank instead of it being random, I wanted to choose the guide but if this was an RPG apocalypse I want to be able to protect myself.

 

I choose the F rank because I could get an E rank crayon-making ability for all I know.

 

A massive list of choices appeared sprawling down even going through the floor I looked at the first option. 

Name: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rank: F

Ability: You can say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in any circumstances

 

I let out a hollow laugh at such a useless ability having no idea why someone would create such an ability.

 

Looking through the list would be a pointless endeavor and my nerves are already high some kids leaving the classroom while the teacher just looks down, afraid and confused. 

 

A search bar was at the top indicating luckily I could search specific things than having to read all of these individually.

 

Fighting out in the open would be near to downright impossible if the monsters were even as strong as wolves but mutated wolves… no way I was coming out alive. 

 

Hiding and if I have to do surprise attacks I could do them safely and in my own circumstances. 

 

Hiding I typed into the floating keyboard.

 

Hundreds of thousands of variations appeared from hiding in the day to hiding in a blanket, I chose the most basic option simply named ‘hiding.’

Name: Hiding

Rank: F 

Ability: Basic hiding techniques will be distilled into your mind and you will become more naturally versed with hiding

 

This was exactly what I was looking for, but I needed to see if there was anything better maybe even magical.

 

Name: Magical Hiding

Rank: F

Ability: Uses magic to help you blend into the surroundings

 

I looked at the simple description that told me absolutely nothing. I really really wanted to pick this option but without knowing how or why it would work or affect me.

 

‘Same was the hiding ability’ came a voice in my mind. Thinking it over I had no idea what any of these abilities would actually do. 

 


I still had around 7 or so minutes so I quickly looked at a lot of different options from fireball magic spells to instant death but every option was too unknown and offered very limited information. 

 

I chose the hiding ability, then I was gone.

 

I appeared on a roof overlooking a medieval style city the moon, Darkness covered the land, but I wasn’t looking through my eyes, no I was looking through someone else’s. 

 

He tip-toed across the roof the darkness seeming to make him blend into the background while he made no noise walking across. 

 

Down below a man in a striking uniform distinguished only for the rich and noble was walking along unbeknownst to the lurking threat above. 

 

As he walked into an alley, located in the poorer parts of the city he pulled out a small crystal from his pocket glowing even pulling in the nearest air, assimilating it.

 

3 men appeared looking like they were just there. Their eyes were wide as their carrier had a knife through his neck while he held there crystal.

 

They immediately moved forward too fast for the naked eyes but he was already gone.

 

More and more of these recordings? Appeared one after the others showing the potential of this ability while I slowly assimilated different techniques and techniques for hiding and blending in. 

 

Suddenly I was back in my body looking through my eyes. The teacher still had the confused look on his face maybe he wasn’t scared maybe he was under a spell? 

 

Suddenly a system message appeared and my heart skipped a beat clenching.

The assimilation is complete and terrifying beasts prowl the street.

Note: The spell has also been lifted from everyone over 18 to give the younger people a head start

Note: That was a lie I’m just a jerk. 

 

How many chapters should I do a week?
  • 2 (2000 - 2500 words) with better editing Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3 (2000 - 2500 words) with better editing Votes: 3 75.0%
Total voters: 4
3