Chapter 4 – A fateful encounter
985 11 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After my encounter with Silvia, I started my training again, I now added a few hours of hunting to my daily routine. I also managed to learn a few more skills.

"Status"

Name Fukuda Hiro
   
Occupation None
Race Human
Level 291
   
Magic 6,345
Strength 6,345
Defense 6,345
Agility 6,345
Intelligence 6,345
Luck 15,045
   
BP 0
   
Skills [Appraisal] [Endurance] [Item Box] [Language Comprehension] [Martial Arts Mastery] [Meditation] [Cooking] [Assimilation] [Fast Reading] [Social Mastery] [Presence Detection] [Body Control] [Weakness Detection] [Quick Sleeper] [Assassination]
Titles [Master of The Door] [Master of The House] [Otherworlder] [Person who visited a different world]

It is not Sunday, as I started a week earlier than in the novel and didn't waste as much time, I have pretty nice stats compared to what the main character had. My stats are really well balanced, my luck is especially well balanced! Thanks to that I gained tons of random rare drops from the mobs I hunted. As I hoped they are mostly from the 'daily necessity' series. Things like a toothbrush that perfectly cleans and whitens my teeth, a mirror that freshens me up as if I've added subtle makeup, chopsticks that make the food tastier, and so on. Mostly small things as I didn't hunt any high-level Monster in the deeper parts yet. I also made a lot of money selling part of the drops I thought I wouldn't need.

[Weakness Detection]: This shows the weak point of your opponent.
[Quick sleeper]: You fall asleep more easily and need less sleep.
[Assassination]: Kill the enemy before he even notices you!

I also learned [Sneak] and [Stealth] and they fused with [Assimilation] making it (probably) stronger. Meditation helped with getting the sleeping skill. But it’s not just that, the meditation skill seems to have raised my other skills too, during meditation I subconsciously think about mistakes and improvements of my past action and I noticed that by doing that my proficiency in those skills have risen! It's something like enlightenment, but appraisal didn't tell me anything about it. There really are still many mysteries left for me to solve, but my gut feeling is telling me that Meditation is some kind of endgame skill!

Since Friday I started visiting the nearest convenience stores, I am currently on my way for the daily visit of Sunday. No luck yet, I really hope this is still an event that happens. If it doesn’t, I might get in really bad trouble. Well, worst case I have to flee into the otherworld and stay there for a long time or maybe forever, from what I've seen it's not a bad place for me. I also talked to a few people randomly and everyone seems to be missing parts of their common sense, so I should be safe to do crazy stuff as the main character did in the novel. Not that I plan on doing anything crazy.

“Hey hey, it’s okay, isn’t it? Come have tea with us.”

“I already said no, I’ve refused you so many times already! Please, let me go!”

“Don’t say that, darlin’~”

YES! It's happening! I mean I'm sorry for the girl but I am still glad for myself.

A group of hooligans surrounded a girl trying to 'seduce' her in front of everyone. And no one does anything to help and just watches or ignores it. Ah, one of them grabbed her arm.

“Hey, come on, let’s go.”

“It’s okay, nothing bad’s gonna happen.”

“I don’t want to! Let go of me, please!”

I walk towards the girl, pushing one of the guys away to make space for me to walk and grab the arm that's holding onto the girl.

"She told you to let go."

With the unlimited power of [Social Mastery], this must look pretty badass and serious. No, I mean this situation is actually serious, at least for everyone else.

"Huh?! This is none of your business bitch!"

Everyone in their group starts staring at me, but they are also wary. I should add, my body transformation made great leaps! I have great weight and muscle definition, my face also is unrecognizable. Thanks to the rare drops my appearance is even better. Time to show them the fruits of my labor! I start grabbing his arm with more strength and twirl it slightly forcing him to the ground.

"ARRGH! GET THIS ASSHOLE!"

I should try to not beat them up too badly, no actually let’s try and defeat them without getting any damage but without hurting them too badly either. With my martial arts and body control it should work out against these guys.

I mostly deflect or evade their hits, and push them to the ground. Someone is filming me? That's not very nice, I didn't want to change too much of the story so I can know what will happen in the future, but maybe it won't blow up. Maybe. Anyway, let's smile and wave for the camera!

"This fucking bastard!"

Heh? Somehow these hooligans didn't like that. But they look like they understand that fighting won't help them. One of them also noticed the police sirens that were coming closer, naturally, I heard it before them with my superior hearing.

"Fuck, the police are coming!"

"Someone reported us, let's scram!"

"Fucking shit, run!"

They might not be the best fighters, but they are certainly good at running from the police. What astonishing speed!

"Are you alright? Have they hurt you anywhere...?"

The girl says after walking to me, it seems we moved a few meters during the fright, I didn't even notice that. The girl is as expected quite the beauty again. She has long straight black hair and looks exactly like a standard anime beauty. It's a hot day so she has a decent amount of skin shown. She is wearing a simple top and skirt and has a worried look right now. 

"It's ok, It's ok, I'm alright."

"B-but..."

"No, really I'm fine."

Even though she was the one being harassed and I had a flawless victory she is still worried about me, truly angelic behavior as expected.

"Rather what about you? I hope that guy didn't grab you too hard."

"No, I'm fine!"

She shows me her arm where she was grabbed, with no signs of her being hurt.

"That's great then"

I say and smile with all my skills activated! Not that I would talk to a heroine without them active. I thought about going for a single lover but since this was originally a harem anyway, I want to just stick to it, at least it's easier to my heart than rejecting everyone I come across! No other reason!

“We just got a report…”

The police arrived, my job here is done.

“Ah, I was surrounded by a group of men, and this person helped me when I was in trouble! Therefore…”

The girl explained the situation to the police officers, they also asked me a series of questions, basic stuff. They then decided to bring the girl home, they wanted to do the same for me but I told them I was fine.

When the police officers decided to leave with the girl, she turned to me and bowed her head.

"Thank you for helping me this time!"

"Ah, don't worry about it."

"My name is Ishida Yua, what is yours?"

"Fukuda Hiro"

"Fukuda Hiro... Thank you very much! You made me really happy and I will definitely repay you for today!"

And she turned around and followed the officers.

46