Chapter 12 – Feeling mana
685 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

"Eh?"

The sun is rising. Didn't I just lie down a moment ago? I wanted to meditate but did I fall asleep? I certainly feel slept in.

No, I'm sure I didn't close my eyes, maybe I slept with my eyes open? No, I vaguely remember the night, like having seen a dream. A weirdly realistic dream...

Umu, I'll think about this at another time. Maybe I can just repeat what I did last night and find out what this vague feeling is then. Right now, I want to learn mana manipulation first. No, before that, there are still things weighing down on my mind.

Firstly, the Guild Master. I somehow forgot to ask about her name, that blunder is on me. But what exactly was going on? Why did she help me out? If I knew I would get indebted to someone I would've endured waiting in line... Also, I feel like I can't remember too much about our encounter, was I perhaps charmed? If that's how people usually feel when I talk to them, I should think about not constantly using them. I do want to raise my proficiencies though. What a pain. Also, does [Endurance] not raise my mental defense? Just how strong is her charm? Truly fearsome, at least she doesn't seem to openly be an enemy right now.

Secondly, the Golden Fury Ape. I understand that it was my fault. But it didn't notice me at first, it only reacted after I appraised it. Does that mean appraisal can be noticed? I don't have a habit of appraising everything and everyone, but I thought about doing that to raise my proficiency faster. If appraisals can really get noticed, that plan would definitely not work out, but it also would mean I would be aware of it if someone used that on me. I should take some time in the future and try a few things out and see if this is true. I feel more and more details are different from what I remember having read. 

Now, with a clear mind, I can focus on my magic~

Mana is essentially like blood in this world, it all passes through your heart or something like that. I can think of Magic Circuits as a library of algorithms for a programmer. I can use those circuits in my heart to create magic spells easily without having to 'write the whole code' from the beginning. Other humans in this world are born with a basic magic circuit, all it does is pump mana out of your heart. Everyone can increase the number of circuits up to a certain point. Thinking about it in modern terms would be like having a small USB-Stick, if someone is bad at creating circuits the storage will be full with only a few bad circuits. The one I inherited from the greatest sage is incomparable to what a normal person could ever create.

I pretty much know how to use magic from the description in the novel, but I can't feel mana. Even now I'm trying to get a feeling of it but... it's not easy.

Let's just keep trying!

 

*       *        *

 

You know what they say. A clean home makes a clear mind!

My fantasy home cleans itself but the same isn't true for my normal world house. And since I barely have been spending time over there, I'm sure it's full of dust and whatnot. That's why I decided to clean this place up and do some housework. This has nothing to do with me being frustrated at not feeling my own mana!

<You acquired the [Cleaning] skill>

But I only started? Why am I strangely competent when it comes to housework? It was the same with cooking. This isn't cheering me up at all...

What's next, I'll get a skill for throwing out the trash? I should just get over with it.

"..."

I'm feeling conflicted, but at least I didn't get a trash skill. Hmm, I do seem to have a lot of mails, for some reason I always get nervous when I see mails. Let's hope none of these are important.

"Oh?"

One of them is from Yua? Mmm.

'Hello, Fukuda-san,

I tried visiting you to thank you again for helping me the other day. Sadly, you were never home when I came, could you please call me so we can meet up?

XX-XXXX-XXXX

I look forwards to hearing from you,

Ishida Yua'

What clean handwriting! No, that's not important now. She came here huh? Even multiple times it seems. I should give her a call right now.

Just as I was dialing the number I her the door ringing.

Diririririririririri!

This timing, could it be?

Surely enough, when I open the door, I see Yua standing in front of me.

"Eh? Ishida-san?"

"Ah, so you remembered me. I'm so happy that we can finally meet again Fukuda-san."

She has an enchanting smile on her face. Behind her stands a woman in butlers’ clothes.

"Um, I was about you call you right now. Even so, how did you know where I was living?"

The order of things is different but I should play along here, I don't want to change things more than I already have.

"I found out so I could thank you personally again. Also, I heard you've been getting bullied in school? You seem to have missed the last week before the vacation too. I'm not sure why or how anyone would do that but do you have any thoughts on switching schools?"

I shyly look away, as she mentions me getting bullied. Um, I suppose 'this body' has been getting bullied before I took over. I know she was investigating me but it is still weird. Actually, didn't the Guild Master say something about a report too? Must be a rich people thing.

"Switching schools?"

"Yes. You see, I'm actually the daughter of the chairman of Kanzen High 1 'Kanzen' means 'perfect', for those who were wondering. , I already talked with my father about you. If you are willing, we can start with your enrollment immediately, you would start going to Kanzen High on the first day after summer vacations! What do you say?"

"U-um, am I really fine? I mean I never had any good grades and Kanzen High is an elite school, right? I don't think I would fit in there even I enrolled now. Besides, must also have much harder tests, right?"

"Not at all! As I said I already talked to my father about you. All we care about is you not having a bad reputation! And I'm sure everyone will accept you and you will definitely not have any problems with the tests either!"

This girl is really enthusiastic about this.

"Then... If it is really fine, I would like to accept your invitation."

"Mm! Mm! I'll handle everything and come pick you up on the first day, alright?"

"Yes, thank you, Yua."

"Ok then, I'll take my leave now, thank you again for saving me. And please send me a message so I also get your number ok~?"

"Mm, I will do that."

With that she takes her leave. We did our talk on the door, I wonder if I should have invited her in? But I feel like she was in a hurry, so she might not take it too badly of me that I didn't, I hope.

With that over, I continue my cleaning duty.

During that time, I also reflect on my visit to the royal capital, there are many aspects in my behavior and actions that could have been done better. I should learn from my mistakes and improve upon myself.

I should especially concentrate on what happened in the Merchant's Guild.

 

*       *        *

<You acquired the [XXX] skill.>

"..."

 

 

The more I write the more I feel limited by my small active vocabulary. I hope I can improve in that regard as I go on. Hopefully, this is still enjoyable to read for you!

I also checked the chapters on mobile and tried to fix some issues, if you've seen changes in formatting, that would be the reason. There are some things, including tables, that I still didn't manage to fix but I hope to find a solution soon.

From the looks of it, the poll about chapter names won't be changing to 'yes' anymore even if I let it finish so the changes will be in effect now~

 

I also just drew the cover image for this series, it's a bit scuffed but should be better than nothing. :)

36