Chapter 20 – Skill mastery
573 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

""Thank you for the meal!""

During the whole meal, Ren-san didn't talk about herself at all. But from the little hints I got, I think she is someone important? Or at least very rich.

"We should get going too, it's already very late."

"Yes, we really took our time here, didn't we?"

"Isn't that Ren-sans fault? Even if it's cheap here she shouldn't be drinking that much..."

"Haha, at least she didn't try to get us to drink too, no?"

"Mm, she seemed decent enough I guess..."

Talking about our rather eventful day I walked her to her home and we stopped in front of her home's front gate.

"I'll see you tomorrow then."

It' time for me to get home too, I still need to prepare for the coming days club activities.

"Hiro, thank you for everything today. This was my most fun day in a long time, really."

"Mm, I had a lot of fun too. Thank you for accompanying me today."

 

*       *        *

 

At home I emptied all the bags I was still carrying around from our shopping tour and sorted them.

A great variety of fabrics, different types of clothing, a sewing set, a few books, and a sewing machine. I went the whole way. It was a pain carrying these, to be honest. Since I had no idea what I needed I had the shop clerk select a sewing set and machine for me, this is my first time sewing after all. Let's see what the sewing set has inside

A fabric scissor, some thread, a bag of pins and cushions, some hand sewing needles, a measuring tape...

There is some stuff inside that I don't really know how to use that, like tailor's chalk. The set only had a piece of paper inside that told me what all these things are called but that's it. I'm sure the books will have some stuff inside about that and if not, I can always consult the internet. The sewing machine also came with tons of thread, so I should probably be fine on that front.

After setting things up I started with a few beginner projects like pillows, bags, modifying the clothing I brought, and so on.

 

*       *        *

 

"Ugh... I didn't sleep at all and it's time for school again. Even though it's only the second day of school I feel like I already have a hard time managing my life."

After quickly getting ready for school, I leave in a hurry so I can make it in time. I have a big smile as I leave my house, I have a feeling that I will have a fun day today too.

 

*       *        *

 

I had no problem in class, thanks to my thorough preparations I could lead a normal life in school too.

English was no problem at all. Actually, it is hard to pretend not to be good at English when I have the [Language Comprehension] skill so I will most likely score first place in my class. Same with Japanese.
I was always decent a mathematics the only thing I struggled with was memorizing the formulas, that is no problem thanks to the Intelligence stat though. History and Geography also benefit greatly from my high Int stat. Science is also easy. I did fine in social studies and I probably won't fail moral studies... hopefully.
I quickly improved at music and art and properly managed myself there. Physical education was also fine, I had a high enough proficiency in the [Body Control] skill to not stand out. Always second place, right after Yuuto. He was unexpectedly very good at sports.

Like that I spend my classes being always close to the top, standing out but not doing anything unnatural.

After school, I participated in different club activities as a guest and met with friends, mostly Yuuto, Yua, or Chiaka. At weekends I prepared for clubs or reworked what I learned. Many clubs had professional instructors of the respective fields or seniors that had professional experience so I had many things to learn even in clubs that I initially didn't want to visit like cooking.

In that manner, I spent my weeks in school.

It now has been over three months since I entered this world.

I used this time not only to learn skills and make friends, I learned a lot about myself and my status. I didn't have a lot of experience before so my deduction came late, but I'm pretty sure that I am willing my combination skills into existence. Thanks to my titles, I have not only an easy time learning existing skills but also creating new ones. I'm not sure how many of my normal skills have been created by me but the combination skills should be unique to me. For normal skills, it seems all activities that I put my mind into, have a chance to become a skill. There are some limitations but I couldn't figure out everything yet.

I also got used to my magic while living a normal life. Whenever I was alone, I trained my mana circulation and control over my mana. Once I deemed my proficiency to be high enough to not cause others any damage, I continued my mana training even while with others. Thanks to that I was able to use my remaining BP too without getting into any more trouble of having too much mana to properly control. But it's not only that, thanks to all the skills I learned my combination skills are packed with different skills. As I hypothesized before, the more skills combination skills contain the better I become with that mastery. There really has to be an invisible multiplier in effect.

My current status looks like this.

Name Fukuda Hiro
   
Occupation None
Race Human
Level 398
   
Magic 9,859
Strength 9,859
Defense 9,859
Agility 9,859
Intelligence 9,859
Luck 16,419
   
BP 0
   
Skills [Appraisal] [Item Box] [Martial Arts Mastery] [Social Mastery] [Nature Mastery] [Movement Mastery] [XXX] [Mana Mastery] [Commonplace Mastery] [Special Combats Mastery] [Body and Mind Mastery] [Production Mastery] [Foresight]
Titles

[Master of The Door] [Master of The House] [Otherworlder] [Person who visited a different world] [The greatest sage's apprentice] [Inheritor of the most powerful Magic Circuits]

I didn't level up at all but I still got a lot stronger. Sure, I would've gained more power if I just grinded monsters, but I think a good foundation like this is super important for my future growth! This also gave me some time to play around with magic and get used to casting all kinds of useful magic spells!

With all this, my options in the fantasy world are much greater than before, so it should be about time I return there. Alchemy is finally an option for me now, I also just want to visit Silvia again! I should go there this weekend. Leading two lives is really not an easy feat, I barely manage one...

 

 

Sorry about skipping over most of the meal dialog, I thought about how I could make it interesting but just couldn't think of anything good. And I'd rather skip small things than make a bad version of them.

I'm sure this 2 months’ time skip came out of nowhere for some of you guys, trust me it was the same for me! I wanted to clear up the status screen before showing it again so this is what I came up with. :V Didn't really want a 300-word status lol

I only noticed this chapter but the last time we had a status screen was at chapter 8, it's really been a long time and not much has changed, that will be different from now on since we are going back to fantasy land~

I now installed both Grammarly and Microsoft Editor, before I only used Microsoft Word for checking my text. It's honestly a lot of more work now but I hope this helps with the readability~

Since this takes such a long time, I probably won't have all past chapters updated very soon, but I'll fix them when I get to it :)

35