CHAPTER TWO
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*poppy rattling beat*

 

    Jazzy poked his head into the girls room with a comical smile, “Ya like Jazz?”

    Pluto glanced up from her book and looked Jazzy dead in the eye, “I hope the demons use your backbone as a stepladder in hell.”

    Pops sighed heavily as she ‘slept’ in her bed, “Kiddos, go to bed. Do you even know what time it is?”

    “Do you know what time it is?” Sherlock asked. 

    “Time for you to go to bed,” Pops grumbled. 

    “Shut up dad your not my pops.” Sherlock said glaring at Pops, before realizing what she said, “Wait NO--”

    “Go to bed, child.” Pops commands, staring at the half asleep girl.

    Sherlock grumbled for a minute before collapsing on her side of the bed, falling asleep immediately.

    By now everyone had taken a shower and Sparrow was asleep on her side of the bed, Jazzy did not manage to wake her up. Which, Jazzy took advantage of. He poked his head into the boys’ room with a mischievous smile, “Hey, Sparrow’s asleep McLovin'.”

    McLovin' sat up in bed and lifted up his pink eye mask to look at him. He smiled so wide he might have been nicknamed the Grinch. He jumped out of bed, flinging the eye mask onto the bed and ran into the girls room. “Okay okay okay! We gotta make a plan. Should we whisper in her ear?”

    “McLovin'... child.... Go to bed,” Pops grumbled. 

    “How can I sleep when Love is at stake?” McLovin' asked. 

    Sparrow violently jerked her head up, “McLovin', I hope all your teeth fall out.”

    McLovin' gasped, “You wouldn’t dare! A smile is the first thing someone falls in love with when taking interest in someone.”

    “I hope no one falls in love with you, wet sock,” Sparrow says glaring daggers at McLovin'.

    “I am not wet,” McLovin' said with his hands on his hips. “And… HOW DARE YOU! I will fall in love with me. AND thanks to me you and Noodles are in a good relationship. Or ‘healthy’ I guess you could say. You guys never seem to make out.”

    “I will hit you so hard your vertebrae will come out of your mouth like a pez dispenser.” 

    “Children, children! There is no need for violence just go back to sleep,” Pops said mildly annoyed.

    McLovin' pouted his bottom lip, “Oh, ‘tis so sad.” He turned around into the boys’ room to go to bed as Pops said for the tenth time. 

    Sparrow plopped her head back on her pillow with a sigh of relief, “Finally!”

    “Now Jazzy,” Pops started glancing at Jazzy with a questioning look,”Why are you here still?”

    “Well I asked you a darn question and none of y’all answered me back!” Jazzy said. 

    Pops grumbled through his sigh, “What was your question?”

    “Ye like Jazz?”

    “Sure,” Pops said. “Now go to sleep.”

    “Ye sound like a broken record,” Sparrow added.

    “I’ve always wanted to be a record,” Jazzy said to himself as he walked into the boys’ room to follow Pops instructions.

    Sparrow looked at him confused before going back to sleep. Pops lifted up her hand to the lamp to turn off the light when everything went black, even in the boys’ room. Pops sat up. She hadn’t turned off the light and she hadn’t left a window open either. Yet it was pitch black with a full moon shining in the window that was now open with a chilling breeze filtering in the room. The cold lifted hairs on Pop’s back. 

    Sherlock awoke to the breeze and looked around confused, “Who left the window open?”

    Pluto fiddled with the reading light attached to her book, “Better question why isn’t this reading light working?”

    “Are the batteries dead?” Sherlock asked.

    “No, I replaced them just yesterday.”

    “Maybe one was a dud?” Pops questioned.

    Letting out an exhausted sigh Pluto replied, “It's possible I didn’t bother to check them.”

    From the other room they could hear Noodles call out, “Poooooooops?”

    Pops jumped from the bed and ran into the room, “Yes, Noodles?”

    “Why do you need Pops when I’m right here, Noodles?” Turtle asked, who was sitting in bed right next to Noodles. 

    Noodles sniffled, “Because that’s the first name that came to mind. A*snif*nd Pops is strong.”

    Turtles sighed with defeat, “Oh boo hoo.”

    Pops let out a heavy sigh through her nose, “It’s quite fine, Noodles. What’s the matter?”

    “It’s dark… and cold… and I don’t like it,” Noodles whimpered. 

    McLovin’ smiled from under his eye mask, cooing, “Sparrow. Your love needs comforting.”

    Some demonic screeching sounded from the other room followed by a bang and 

Sparrow kicking the door down.

    Noodles hid under his blanket and stayed as still as possible.

Sparrow sighed for a moment before walking over to where Noodles was hiding, “Noodles, don’t worry it's just me.” 

“How do I know? I can’t see you,” Noodles said. 

“Well maybe you don’t have to, I’ll just beat up all the things that scare you,” Sparrow said with a slight nod of her head.

    “Can you kick darkness?” Noodles asked.

    “Sure thing,” Sparrow walked over to McLovin’ and dragged him out of bed, the only noise being a large thump on the ground. “Done,” Sparrow said aloud as McLovin’ groaned. 

    McLovin’ took off his eye mask, “You are cruel.”

Sparrow stared him down, “Well aren’t you slow.”

Pops shook her head and walked over to the lamp on the nightstand in the middle of the two beds. She clicked the switch to turn on the lamp only for the light to stay non-existent. “Power must have gone out. We should probably go and find Coach.”

Turtles nodded, “Sounds like a good idea. Maybe he’ll know what happened.”

    “Aight I’ll go get the rest of the girls.” Sparrow said walking out the door.

0