CHAPTER SEVEN
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           

*sneaky rattling*

 

                                *peck*

 

                                                                                                                    *Peck Peck*

                                                                                                                                                                                       *PECK*

 

    “Oh shut up,” Pops grumbled and mumbled in a jumble. 

    “A murder is about to be commited,” A sleep deprived Sparrow hissed out looking like death herself. Then she looked over at a snoring Sherlock, and suddenly Sherlock was on the ground.

    “OOF” Sherlock laid on the floor for a while looking over in the direction of the bed she was previously sleeping on, “Do that again and I will boil your teeth.”

    “I’d like to see you try.” Sparrow replied murder evidant in her eyes.

    “Well-”

    “CHILDREN!”

                                                                                                                                       *Peck*

 

    *PECK*                                                                  *PECK*

 

    Pops sighed with irritation, “It’s too early for this.”

    “Who's trying to break the window,” A half asleep Pluto asked, looking around.

    “Imma go look,” Sherlock announced, getting up to her feet and walking over to the blanket that was covering the window. Careful she moved a small portion of it to see what was outside. 

    She looked out to see a crow pecking at the window with a razor sharp beak that did not look normal in the least bit. She looked closer hoping to find some other unusual feature on the bird, other than the fact it looked ready to murder something. Unfortunately, the sky was too gray for her to make anything out. All she managed to make was that its talons were even sharper then its beak much to her dismay.

    “It’s just a crow,” She said with disappointment clear on her face as she let the blanket cover the window once more.

    “Don’t look so disappointed!” Pops said, not in a comforting way, more in a ‘you’re insane’ kinda way.

    Noodles stretched his arms out long enough to exceed his actual height. Almost instantly he curled back into a ball and fell back asleep. 

    “If we make any more noise we are going to wake up Noodles,” Pops told them. 

    “Ya mean the murder bird outside?” Sherlock asked, jestering to the window, “Cuz, i don’t think it's gonna shut up.”

    “Cowabunga!” Jazzy hollered, his voice bouncing off of the walls. 

    “Jazzy!” the others hissed.

    Instantly Noodles sluggishly looked over at Jazzy who smiled at him cheekily.

    “Nevermind the bird,” Sherlock started, “Jazzy will do it for it.”

    “Children, it is too early to be making so much noise,” Turtle said sluggishly as he looked around the room trying to wake himself up. 

    Noodles agreed by closing his eyes and snuggling close to Pops.

    As Noodles did so, Turtle gained enough consciousness to realize McLovin’ had crossed the pillow barrier and promptly shoved him off the couch. “Denied,” was all he said.

    McLovin’ hit his head on the ground and promptly sat up like a seal with his chest perked up while he laid on his stomach. He gasped at Turtle’s rejection. “That was possibly the worst rejection I’ve gone through.” 

    “What about that crab that pinched your nose?” Pluto asked. 

    Sherlock shook her head, “What about the time with that waiter that slammed McLovin’s face into his soup?”

    “Oh I know!” Jazzy called out. “What about that one time when he asked a girl out in the auditorium and she didn’t answer and then on the intercom she rejected you. She even used your whole name!”

    “I remember that,” Sparrow started, “We got coffee after school together that day.”

    “Oh yeah!” Sherlock shouted, snapping her finger, “Really nice girl super fun to.”

    “I agree, 10/10 would go out with again.” Pluto added nodding her head.

    “Hey, may I remind you she was my date. Not ya’lls date,” McLovin told them, now leaning back on his arms like a normal person.

    “You didn’t even get the date,” Noodles groggily said from where he laid.

    Sherlock laughs at this, “Damn even Noodles is against you today!”

    While the two of them bickered back and forth Pluto had grabbed her bag and went to go change in the bathroom. Sparrow also thought of this, but was too late and simply concluded to simply get changed back in the girls room.

    “I, however, am a wonderful partner,” McLovin’ told them with much confidence. 

    “Not boyfriend, not girlfriend? Just a partner?” Pluto asked. 

    “Tell that to the crab.” Sherlock said, waving her finger around.

    “Gender is irrelevant. The crab was for the Vine,” McLovin’ said.

    “You sad, sad little man,” Turtle started shaking his head, “Not even the crabs will date you.”

    “He’s hardly a man, more like a half dead fish,” Sparrow commented. “Like what Sherlock found.”

    “That's true.” Turtle agreed.

    “I dunno. A dead fish is more fascinating than McLovin’,” Sherlock said. 

    “Sherlock you think anything dead is more fascinating than McLovin’” Sparrow said  coming back from the other bedroom. “Now go get changed into something else.”

    Sherlock shrugged her shoulders and disappeared into the bedroom to change.

    Jazzy sat up in bed, hugging a limp pillow in his arms. “Wouldn’t Coach have at least checked on us by now?”

    “Well does anyone have a way to check the time?” Turtle asked, looking around.

    “Here let me try my phone again,” Sparrow said, plugging her phone into the charger in the wall. They waited for the battery sign to appear on her black screen, but nothing came. “Still nothing,” She announced after it failed to charge. By now Pluto had finished changing.

    Pops sighed as she rolled out of bed. “Well… then we need to find Coach. With our phones dead, his phone is most likely dead. Might not have woken up.”

    “We should all go look for him.” Turtle suggested standing up from the bed.

    “Shouldn’t someone stay behind in case he comes to check up on us?” Jazzy asked

    “With a skeleton out here somewhere?” Pops asked. “No way. I need eyes on all of you. Which means you, Noodles, needs to wake up.” Pops shook Noodles shoulder. 

    Noodles rubbed his eyes, “Ten more minutes?”

    “You can have ten more minutes on the bus ride home,” Pops told him.

    “I wonder where that bird went.” Sherlock muttered as she walked in from the other bedroom. She walked over to the covered window and lifted the blanket again. There she saw the same bird except now it had an obvious gash running down the side of its neck all the way down to its under belly. Its organs were beginning to become visible along with several bones that seemed to be broken in multiple places. “Neat.” Sherlock said with a grin.

    Seeing this grin Sparrow walked over to her and peaked out the window to see the maggeled bird, “Gross!” She shouted scrunching up her nose with a look of disgust as she moved away from the window.

    “Let me guess the bird shouldn't be alive.” Pluto asked looking over at a intrigued Sherlock and disgusted Sparrow.

    “Yep!” Sherlock replied immediately, very happy with her discovery.

    “Unfortunately,” Sparrow muttered. “Lets just go find Coach and get out of this town as fast as possible.”

    “Sounds good!” Pops said as she came out of the bathroom with a green shirt on with the Ski soda logo shirt on. “Noodles, get up. We gotta go.”

    “Ten more minutes… Please?” Noodle asked.

    “Not gonna happen, kiddo,” Pops told him. Noodles got up from bed with a little bit of help. Everyone got their shoes on and left to look for Coach.

0