CHAPTER ELEVEN
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*WEEEEEEE rattling*

 

    Sherlock plopped down against the wall as she munched on some food she’d stolen, skates still lighting up. Jazzy sat next to her, downing a bag of cheetos.

    Pops helped lace the roller blades onto Noodle’s feet. It was good they found them. Noodles had hoarded a pack of permanent markers to draw on the plastic of his roller blades. He did so as they all took a break to eat and drink what they wanted. 

    “So here's the plan,” Pops said through a mouthful of Pringle chips. “We all get supplies in our own backpacks whether that be food or clothes and then we roll on down the road to the next place to look for some safe shelter. Got it?”

    “Works for me!” Sherlock responded, dumping the last of her chips into her month before standing up.

    “Hey help me up.” Jazzy requested dangling his arms in the air.

    “Upsies daisies~” Sherlock cheered, pulling him up and rolling backwards on her skates.

    Sparrow nodded, “I’ll make sure the two toddlers actually get necessities, Pluto come with me.”

    Pluto stood up to follow behind Sparrow as they both tried to monitor Sherlock and Jazzy.

    Noodles held Pop's hand as they rolled through the shop. He gasped and broke from her hand to grab a stuffed turtle. “Turtle look! It’s you!”

    Turtle laughed, “Oh it is!”

    Noodles hugged it close to himself and held onto Pops again for support. Dizziness and rollerblades did not mix.

    Sherlock was dumbing all the candy into her bag.

    “Sherlock, you cannot just get candy!” Sparrow exclaimed trying to whack the candy out of her hand, unfortunately Sherlock was faster, dumping it into her backpack and skating away.

    Jazzy on the other hand was getting dragged around by Pluto by his backpack.  “Commoooon,” Jazzy wined, “I can choose food reposabily!”

    “No.” Was the response he got.

    Pops almost ran into Sherlock, yelling after her, “Slow down!”

    Noodles gasped and ventured off. “Pretty rocks…” He grabbed a little back and collected from rocks to put in his bag. Most of them were pastel and others were crystals he just wanted. 

    After Sparrow managed to round up Sherlock, she followed Pluto’s idea and dragged her around the store. They moved to the clothing section next, releasing their prisoners and finding clothes that they liked. Sherlock ended up with a black hoodie with the words ‘believe in aliens’ written across it, under the text was a stereotypical UFO. She also picked up a bigfoot shirt and shoved it in her bag. Sparrow grabbed a black hoodie, Pluto ended up with a dark green hoodie

    Pops and Turtle just followed Noodles around the shop. He found some bracelets which he gladly took and Pops found clips that he liked to look at as well. He soon had two blue tortoise hair clips holding some of his hair back. A comb was put in his bag for anyone who would need it. Probably McLovin to be honest.

    While Sparrow and Pluto were distracted Jazzy and Sherlock stuck off. Skatin as quietly as they could to a new section of the store.

    “Omg is that--” Sherlock whispered to Jazzy.

    “I think we just found the perfect thing for Noodles.”

    “Where did the chaos duo go?” Sparrow asked with concern, slapping Pluto on the shoulder.

    McLovin gasped. “Omg! Nail polish?” He picked some up and waved Pops, Turtle, and Noodles over. “Look at this!” He picked up hot pink one and put it in his bag. “A necessity.”

    Noodles picked the black one, “This one too.”

    McLovin looked at him with a grin on his face, “Noodles! I didn’t know you like painting your nails.” 

    Noodles shrugged tiredly, “I’ve never tried. I was just giving you a color.”

    “Oh we’ll have a grand time. I’ll help you your first time.” He rolled away with his new found treasure, leaving Noodles with Pops and Turtle again.

    “Oh my time not again.” Pluto could only reply letting out an exasperated sigh. Luckily they were able to spot them across the store. Skating over they grabbed the two by their backpacks.

    “Hey, hey, hey! We found a wagon for Noodles!”

    Pluto stared down at Sherlock, “Fine bring it with you,” Then continued dragging her along.

    Sparrow and Pluto rolled up to the rest dragging Jazzy and Sherlock behind them, “We got the things we need.” 

    “Wa-- no we didn’t!” Sherlock complained.

    “We did.” Pluto responded confidently leaving no room for argument.

    “Wha- where did you get the wagon from?” Pops asked. 

    “The other side of the convenience store,” Jazzy said.

    “Do you like it?” Sherlock added.

    “Um… sure.” Pops said. “You really want to drag that along?”

    “I think it would be great for Noodles.” Sherlock defended.

    Pops looked at the rickety wagon and then Noodles. “How you feel about that, kiddo?”

    Noodles just smiled tiredly, “Sleep sleep.” 

    “Okay. Wagon for Noodles it is.” Pops helped cushion the wagon with blankets and helped Noodles inside with his new friend; LiLime the turtle. Pops set a few of the extra blankets on top of him with a backpack. “You all good in there?”

    Noodles nodded his head against the blankets curled under his head. 

    Pops pointed a finger at Sherlock, “Don’t make him more sick than he already is.”

    “Mkay!”

    Pops opened the door to the gas station, nodding a head out. “Let’s find that resting place before nightfall takes it’s way.”

0