CHAPTER 12: ENCOUNTER
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 12: ENCOUNTER

A few days after, the attack on Area 02.

{Eliana Kingdom}

It was morning at the Palace. 

The sun shone brightly, enlightening the throne room, 

Sitting gracefully on the throne, was the Queen. 

She was dressed in a white dressing with matching white hair that made her stand out among all others. 

There she wore an expression saying—Why are you all not giving me good news? 

The Queen with her right hand placed under her chin and elbows on the chair. 

Her left hand was also placed on the throne chair, with her fingertips making 'tap' sounds as it. 

Riddled in misbelief the Queen glared intensely into the faces of two men who faced the floors

In front of the Queen were two head members of Area 02 facility—The professor and Cerberuse. 

They all were on their kneels struck by the intense aura the Queen gave. 

They could not raise their voice over, as they all were left to ponder—How are we to please her?

Of course, they knew that—they had to, or else, they would face her wrath. 

A knight who stood beside the Queen raised his voice to speak, 

"Now the...", 

*Swoosh*

The Queen raised her left hand, signaling the knight to stop. 

Thereafter opening her mouth to speak, 

"Why are there only three heads here?"

She said glaring at the three who were on their knees . 

Despite being hit by the intense gaze from the Queen, the professor boldly said, 

"Your highness, I humbly apologize for their absence, but...". 

Annoyed by those words, she said

"Hoo... Who do you think you are talking to?" 

He responded quickly, 

"Am sorry, your Majesty" 

*Sigh*

She then let out a sigh before saying, 

"Where is Commander Leazus?" 

They both couldn't come to talk about the Commander's whereabouts, because they both knew that—that would definitely disappoint her. 

Irritated by their lack of response, she calmly asked again, but this time increased the intimidating aura of hers. 

Cerberuse, confidently, opened up saying, 

"Commander Leazus is currently sick due to the attack". 

"And how did a whole royal knight get sick". 

"We don't know, all we can say is he's suffering from mana deficiency". 

"Mana deficiency?", 

She asked in worry. 

"Yes, it's like his whole mana was robbed from him". 

*Sigh*

The Queen was baffled in dissatisfaction, as she could comprehend how her royal knight could get sick. 

Refusing to think about how, she said. 

"What is his status now?"

"I don't think we would be able to fix him now." 

But if we are allowed to get more supplies of the 'philosopher's stone'. We might be able to save him". 

"Philosopher's stone?". 

"Yes, your majesty", 

She then turned over, shifting her gaze to the knight beside her, as she asked

"When is the next supply of Philosopher's stone?". 

"In the next few weeks, your Majesty". 

"Ok, make sure to supply them to the professor first", 

"Ok your Majesty", 

After a brief pause, in hopes of positive feedback from them, she asked

"OK now, what happened to the test subjects?" 

Shocked by the question, he could only stay silent. 

The professor quickly responded, in worries of what might happen. 

"They are all dead, your majesty, but two subjects as still alive". 

The Queen Unfaltered said. 

"Ho... How did they die?". 

The professor was unsettled as the Queen's expression didn't change, said in a low voice. 

"I don't know". 

Responding to what he said, 

"So you're telling me that the whole facility was caught up in an attack, the Commander, Dust, and And Rosa were all injured, and you don't know how the test subjects died?", 

"...". 

Surprised by the way the Queen explained their situation to them, they couldn't utter a word, but to stay silent. 

*Sigh*

The Queen couldn't hide her disappointment. 

She then said

"Ok, now tell me, what was that light?", 

Both were shocked by her question, as they never expected her to notice the light which shone across the lands. 

The professor then said. 

"I do not have any information on what it is, but all I can say is that—that was one of the test subjects". 

The Queen was raised in joy as she asked 

"Ok and where is the so-called test subject", 

"We currently don't...",

*Slam*

The Queen slammed her fist onto the chair, sending a loud sound across the throne room. Then stood up, as she raised her voice saying. 

"You don't know!", 

"So you are telling me that the eminent professor doesn't know", 

She then retreated to her chair. 

*Sigh*

With her anger subsided, she said. 

"Remember the coming of age ceremony is in 1 month, 

Am giving you all two weeks... 

Find the remaining two subjects and bring them here. Or else...". 

The Queen then gazed at the two who remained at bow, strongly like a tiger feasting on its prey. 

After a short while of enduring the Queen's gaze. Sweating profusely, they matched out of the throne room. 

With the doors of the throne room closed, they both gave out a sigh. 

Cerberuse then looked strongly at the professor, and then said. 

"Why didn't you tell the Queen about what the Commander did?"

Unfalthered, he responded. 

"Hoo... And what might that be?"

As they both stared earnestly at each other for a while. 

Cerberuse then said, 

"Nothing". 

As he walked out of the place. 

Although, the professor knew what the Commander did, he refused to relay those words to the Queen neither to Cerberuse, knowing that they all would be treated as rebels of the Kingdom if they told what happened at Area 02.

'I hope we find them soon before the coming of age ceremony". 

—————————————————————————

{Location: Unknown} 

Meanwhile, in the middle of nowhere. 

*Woosh*

The sound of the wind gushing as it gathered pieces of snow from the air, leaving a howling sound. 

It was a snow desert, with many dead trees, leaving only trunks and branches. 

Not a single green feature could be found, except its black body. 

It was evening. The sun had set for the day, leaving only an orange light lingering within the sky.

There stood Aria, wrapped up in a white fur, which she had made from a stray animal's skin. 

As she sat on a fallen tree trunk, next to her was Blu, who was unconscious as he was wrapped in the same white fur as her. 

*Creak*

The sound of a burning fire in front of them, as it burned slowly. 

As the fire gave off a sensation of warmth, from the coldness of the snow. 

*Huff*

White huffs of breath could be visibly seen in the air. 

It was cold, as Aria shivered in response. 

The air in the area grew thick, Her breathing was heavy. 

Aria gazed into the sky, patiently. 

With the stars appearing slowly, and the night approaching steadfastly, she was left in thought as she recalled all their encounters at Area 02.

***

'I wonder what that was about'.

***

*Grrhh*

The sound of a Klaurs was heard. 

Please comment your thoughts on this work and like

Creation is hard to make

Thank you

0