CHAPTER 25: UNDERWORLD (2)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 25: UNDERWORLD (2)

"Underworld?"

Aria was bewildered by the strange undead skeleton statement. 

Trying to explain the situation, the undead adjusted his throat and said. 

"Ehhmm... Well, this is the Underworld, we're, the dead are taken to their final judgment".

With a puzzled look, she said. 

"Huh!"

The undead answered. 

"Well, just think of this place as the land of the dead, and I am General overseer of this humble abode". 

"What's your name miss?" 

She then replied. 

"Aria". 

"Aria, what a wonderful name". 

He said gallantly. 

Aria was still in confusion over the undead's statement. 

"Ehhmm... Am a little confused here. How did I get over here?" 

Also confused, he said. 

"How? You say, isn't it normal, you died". 

Shocked by the fact of his words, as she didn't predict she would die. 

"Huh... I died". 

The undead 

Yes, only the dead can come here by getting spirited away. 

Aria couldn't find the right word to describe her current situation, as she had fallen to despair. 

"OK, I see... I died". 

With a simile she said 

"Well, so what's going to happen to me now?" 

She knew contemplating about trivial matters would only bring more discomfort, so she tried to hide it with a smile. 

Attempting to lift her despair, he said. 

"If you say that, well, you simply have to fill out your soul information". 

"Fill out my soul information?"

He then smiled as he said. 

"Yeah, despite how it looks, it's easy, but takes a long time after registering". 

"OK, how do I fill out my soul information?"

"Well, if you ask me, we have to get to the soul chambers, and to do that we have to get out of this hole first". 

Aria jolted as the undead statement couldn't hold any meaning to her, known she just came here without a single knowledge of where she is. 

"Hole?" 

Hearing Aria, words, the undead was astonished as he least expected Aria to know about the hole they're in. 

"You don't know we're in hole". 

"Yes". 

The undead pondered seeing Aria had completely no knowledge about the hole. 

— Then where did she spawn from. 

In an attempt to clarify her words, he said. 

"That's strange, where did you first appear?" 

"Well, I don't know, I just happened to appear here". 

Leaving the trivial matter due to time, he said m

"Hmm... Well, let's forget about that and go over to the soul chambers". 

Afterwards, they then climbed up to the surface. 

On sighting the surface, Aria noticed the Underworld was a dead silent place without a single spectrum of light radiating in the sky, only wandering souls that lit up the place, e giving it a refreshing feel. 

But due to the fact of being dead, light was meaningless, as they could all see in the dark. 

The undead then turned to Aria and said. 

"Let me welcome you again to the underworld". 

Aria was unimpressed as she expected the underworld to be glisten with a lively vibe. 

"Watch your feet!" 

He said as he noticed Aria was walking into a strange creature. 

Aria instantly moved from the way, evading the creature. 

"That's a soul eater". 

Aria was shocked—knowing soul eaters are creatures that eat souls, but never expected to see one. 

"Soul eater?" 

The undead continued as he started strolling, while Aria followed listening to his words. 

"Yeah, well due to some incident centuries ago, it was normal, just souls dwelling in the underworld, but now it's a place filled with different creatures". 

"Well, worry not, I can ensure the place safety on a normal level".

The undead then paused, as Aria questioned him. 

"Why normal level? And what incident?" 

Ignoring her questions, he said. 

"We're here". 

Standing in front of them was a huge door caved into a wall that stood without a top at sight. 

He then opened the door and said. 

"Welcome to the soul care center ". 

Aria was astonished as she noticed the place was filled with glittering light, giving off a lively vibe.

In front was a counter where souls gathered, with undeads working behind it. 

He then continued on—like a boss advertising his company. 

"We at soul care center provide services to newcomers like an inn, soul cleansing, latest design wears, so on". 

She then quickly ignored his words as she asked. 

"Ehmm... Is it possible to return to the normal world?" 

He then paused for a while before he laughed saying. 

"Pu... Hahaha... Go back to the normal world you say". 

"That has never happened, so don't worry yourself about that and simply relax". 

Noticing Aria's anxiousness he then repeated himself saying. 

"You must have someone important behind, I know your feelings, but going back to the normal world is one of the impossibilities of this world, so just forget". 

"OK". 

She responded quietly.

They then arrived at the undead's office, also called the manager's office. 

Aria could observe the office having two guest seats with a table in the mist of them, a large window that viewed the whole underworld and an office desk. 

"So, welcome to my office". 

Amazed by the view, Aria wondered. 

"Wow, is this your office?" 

Gloated by Aria's words, he said

"Yeah, am the manager of course". 

With a blunt look, she said. 

"Huh! I thought you were a regular staff". 

"That's mean". 

After feeling hurt by Aria's mean words, he continued as he said. 

"I personally would attend to you so feel grateful". 

Aria then smiled as she said. 

"Thank you"

The undead was hit with Aria's refreshing words. Then he said. 

"S-so... Let's get to the finding your soul information". 

She then sat on the guest seat. 

Afterwards, he then brought out a glass orb, setting it on the table, and said. 

"Now place your hands on the orb please". 

Placing her hands on the orb, the undead noticed no reaction from the orb and said. 

"Hmm... What? Your soul information is not displaying". 

He then pondered. 

— How comes there is no reaction, we haven't had any issues like that. 

Noticing no reaction, she asked. 

"Is anything wrong?" 

He then replied. 

"There is no problem, we just have a minor issue with our device, so can you wait a bit, so we could bring in another device". 

He then left the room. After a while, brought out a different orb.

On placing it on the table, he pondered. 

— This is our most quality orb, if there is no reaction, we would have no option but to... 

As Aria placed her hands, there was still no reaction. 

The undead perplexed as the orb he brought had no reaction. 

— Huh! It's not displaying how comes.

Hah... It seems like we would have no option but to consult the Queen about this. 

"Just wait here". 

He said as he then stepped out of the room. 

Arriving at the Queen's chambers, the undead bowed and said

"My Queen"

"..." 

"Your Majesty we would like to consult you about an irregular". 

"..." 

"OK". 

Later, the undead then brought Aria. 

"This is the Irregular, my Queen". 

As Aria arrived the room, she felt aura emanating, giving off the feeling of a dead lingering in the air. Despite being a soul, she could clearly feel it in her Astral body. 

Noticing the undead bowing, she glanced up. 

There stood a young woman, in a place that time held no value, with a striking figure.

Hair as white as the falling snowflakes fresh from the sky, reaching down to her legs. 

A beauty that rivals centuries generations, transcending the vastly in time. 

With a black top and a half dressed robe, she gave off the sensation of death. 

On sighting Aria, she spoke with a voice matching a nightingale. 

What is your name? 

Aria was shaken by her divine nature, as she said. 

"A-Ar-i, Aria, your majesty"

The Queen asked slowly. 

"Aria, why are you here?" 

"W-WelI I died". 

"You're not supposed to be here because you're still alive". 

Aria was surprised by the Queen's words. 

"Alive?" 

"Yes, your soul was given a second chance

Second chance?" 

She then remembers the time she died and was revived. 

***

Even while I am still persuaded, you saved my life. 

***

The Queen noticed Aria smiling as she recalled Blu and said. 

"What if I told you there is a way to go back?" 

The undead was shocked, as he never expected the Queen to say those words. 

"My queen sending someone back yourself might stripe you of your rights here". 

Aria was astonished, as she had already given up hope of returning. 

"Huh! Is there a way to go back". 

The Queen continued on. 

"Your soul was given a second chance, and now you're here that you forced your connection to the Underworld, your connection to the outside world is depleting, returning you back might not be impossible". 

Aria was thrilled as she could be given a third chance. 

"No way I can go back". 

The Queen then said, as she noticed, her words gave her joy. 

"Aria, what is it that makes you want to go back?" 

"You are already on the verge of dying, but your feelings for that world are strong despite the challenges, why?"

Aria smiled as she said. 

"Because I haven't had someone who has a dream bigger than the world, and I want to see him in that world, no, I want to see the world with him". 

"Very well". 

— I don't know why, but this girl gives me the feeling of my former self. 

She pondered at the blissful sight of Aria. 

Hearing the Queen's words, the undead shouted, as he felt an unease from the Queen's words. 

"Your Majesty!" 

The Queen ignored his words and said. 

"I shall grant you your wish, but it comes with a price". 

"Price?" 

Continuing, 

"Yes, your body might not be able to handle another death, so in exchange for your body I shall grant your wish". 

"My body?"

Aria was shocked by the Queen's statement. 

Giving her a sign to not worry, the Queen said. 

"Don't worry about that, I would give you an identical body, but you might not be the same person again. So would you still accept the conditions?" 

She contemplated as the queen's words held no doubt. 

— But, can I trust her? 

She thought as she had just met her for the very first time, but her feelings gave her a reason to trust her. 

She then said. 

"I agree". 

"Very well"

She said with a smile.

The undead couldn't believe his eyes, as it was the first time in centuries he saw the Queen smile.

He then recalled his time with the Queen as he watched her smiling. 

— When I first gazed upon the Queen in my youth, her beauty and nobility astonished me. 

I vowed to always serve her with all my might and loyalty. 

Despite being immortal, you were absolutely silent and reserved, your eyes that spoke of an emptiness transcending the vast span of history. 

Still, I stayed helping—free you from that void by working all day to reduce the burden you wield in your heart.

The only response you gave was the occasionally nod you put forth. 

Staring far off into the distance, as if you were waiting for something. 

But today seeing your smile hasn't lost, it's radiance puts me at ease. 

My Queen serving you have been an honor. 

The Queen then raised her hands, pointed at Aria. She then glowed with blue glitters levitating from below, in an instant the light was blinded the whole room before finally Aria and the Queen disappeared.  

Please comment your thoughts on this work and like

Creation is hard to make

Thank you

0