C4 The Harbingers
54 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
span>https://discord.gg/Pq6bfh7tsX

One week since last chapter

After a week since my talk with Skinat, he has turned into a very devout servant, and so has his gang, which has also grown, and now employs more than cabal. Still no Eliksni however, I'll have to snuggle myself into the ether market for that, which is highly regulated, however, I have a suspicion that their technology can't detect the Darkness. 

Now with all the money flowing in, I have a true house in the city of New York, the city where I started. After doing those jobs in the beginning, I made it to rank D, stopping where I need to start killing things. I think I'll make it to rank B before I ask that sexy clerk on that date, think her name was Savrina, fucking gorgeous she was, skin paler than my hair, hair darker than the void, and eyes as icy blue as the Taken themselves. Oryx pops out 

"Szaryx, we're here to spread our influence, not have fun. Remember that."

"Of course Milord, however, imagine the power of having our influence reach the inside of the Freelancer's Association, the amount of people we could influence simply by being friends *cough* or more *cough* with the employees. In this city alone just how many millions are there?"

"Point taken, but don't get business and pleasure mixed together. It never works out well."

"Understood. If I need to stop our relationship I will"

"Good"

With that, I suppose it's time to rank myself up. To rank up, one needs to have 10 promotion points. A job of the same rank grants one point, and a job of the next rank grants 2 points, and then take a promotion test. However, one needs to have a team in order to do jobs above ones level, but then it hit me. I can make a team, me, Skinat, and Caitrox. We may all damage dealers, but how bad can D and C rank jobs be?  I grab Skinat and Caitrox and get them to follow me to the FA.

We walk inside and luckily they're already registered, Skinat is a C and Caitrox is a D rank as well. Savrina gives me a confused look after looking at my rather large fireteam member. We register as a team, but we come across an issue immediately.

"What should our team name be?" Caitrox ask.

Skinat looks at me "you're the boss here"

I think about it hard, then come to a realization as to who we are. 

"We are...The Harbingers."

They seem impressed with it. We put that as our team name. The other two put their personal information on the paper, and then it's my turn. I learn that Caitrox is fire attuned, and Skinat is surprisingly...

"Light magic? Skinat?"

"Yeah, isn't it obvious?"

"Uh ..No"

"Light magic isnt just literal light, just like how Dark magic represents literal Darkness and also things like death, disease, and corruption, Light also represents life, healing, and other things like that. The only thing I can really do is manipulate my muscles to maximize my damage, and minimize damage done to me, since thats all I focused on. What are you Szaryx?"

"I'm Dark. Supposedly my power is so strong I could easily be a B rank"

""DAMN"" they both say.

I turn in our team information to the front desk and we begin looking through C rank jobs. Lots of goblin infestations in the sewers, bandits and small time criminals to be caught,  things of that nature. 

"I'm confident in mine and Skinats combat ability, we're competent enough to handle a mission by ourselves, what about you Caitrox, can you handle some goblins or petty bandits by yourself?"

"If it's goblins, I'll be fine."

"Alright, to save time, we'll take three jobs, one for each of us. Everyone has each other's Net ID?"

Everyone confirms it, and we split up. I took on a job to get a small gang so I could get some exercise, Skinat took one as well, and Caitrox went for his goblins. I start heading over to the turf the gang claimed, I made a comment about the size of their reproductive organs and told them to meet me in a place, all of them, I'll take them all on. And sure enough, when I get there, all 9 of the small gang are there. Now, to most people, this is a lot of people to fight by yourself, but I've faced off hordes of Vex and legions of cabal before by myself before. Now will be a chance to see what I can do without being supernaturally powered. I take out what was once Inferno, now christened Wrath since it's refinement by the Darkness. 

They look at the Autorifle in my hands that look like it's made of liquid space, and take out their weapons too, but they fire immediately. I let a few hit me so wee what happens. It hurts like a bitch, but the armor stops these small, weak guns. And so, I fire, but I fire where it's not lethal. These pawns will have their use. When I've knocked them all out, I bandage them up, and lay them in a row. I take out the sword that was given to me, King's Pride, and remove the left hand of all the members. I'll give them prosthetics soon enough. I bring them to the hideout, and bound and gag them. I bring the hands to the FA, and they verify the remains. They are now marked dead, which is what I need. Skinat and Caitrox are back, and we head back to the hideout. Skinat is rather confused about why 9 Eliksni are tied up in the hideout.

"They're pawns for us to enter the ether market. They're registered as dead now. I looked into their past, they used to work at an ether refinery, so they know how to make it. While now these 9 are the only workers, soon these 9 will become a council for a corporation that supplies billions of Eliksni our own version of Ether. We'll do this for all the races too, the Cabal will form a mercenary band, the Hydori will have their sorcerer's association, the Exos will probably run with the Cabal, or maybe form their own mercenary corporation and become competitors, and the humans will do whatever. And that's just the above ground money makers and influencer spreaders, underground as have our narcotics, slaves, assassinations, gambling, and everything else. For now, it is narcotics and ether, later, everything."

I turn towards the 9 Eliksni

"I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your hand, but I can replace that later if you ever display your loyalty. That said, how does it sound to you? Work for a little bit longer, and you will eventually become directors of a mega corporation? If not, we could always grab others"

"Of course we'll work" one says, "but we'll need the equipment to do so"

"And where would I find the tools you need?"

"At our old place, we left because the boss treated us too harshly, if you go there, you can get all that we need, and even more workers if you promise better working conditions."

"Very well, guess we'll raid it. Contact some of your buddies who still work there so they can help us out. I promise we will not mistreat your people."

"Thank you so very much for your mercy"

"Never, call me merciful. I am delivering you out of a harmful situation, and in exchange you are working for me. There is no mercy, only mutual benefits."

Oryx whispers in my ear

"Szaryx, you are awfully merciful don't you think?"

"Milord, with all due respect, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, we must disguise our true selves as we build our foundation, only once we are on solid ground can we bare our fangs. Once we have those mercenary corps I was talking about then we can bare our fangs. It will take time Milord, but please, place your trust in me"

" I do not like your methods, but they do have a certain logic behind them. But never forget the Sword Logic."

"Never Milord"

I turn around and address the Eliksni

"Hav you contacted your friends?"

They nod in affirmation.

"Good. Skinat, gather your crew, we're raiding tonight"

1