Epilogue 1
22 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

22/08/955, 1950 hours, The Underground

There was activity in an underground area, located deep below the city of Eden.

In one of the many large rooms located in the Underground, several people in blank-faced masks were talking to each other and gathering around a large circular table in the centre of the room.

Eventually, one of the blank masked people raised up their fist, and the people stopped talking.

In a distinctly masculine voice, the masked person spoke.

“If I may have your attention, Council members, today is a sad day for all of us. My sources at the Agency have confirmed with me that Abel is dead.”

As he delivered the news with a grim tone, several of the masked people began to react. Wails and screams could be heard from the crowd as he continued to deliver his speech.

“He was a good friend to us all. He was dedicated to the cause. But now the Agency has taken him away from us, along with Cain.”

The wails grew louder, and the speaker also began to raise his voice as he spoke with more fervour and hidden anger.

“We will not let that happen again. Our time to strike comes soon, my fellow members, and we shall retaliate against the Agency when the time is right! We will finally show the people that the Agency is not all as powerful as they claim! We shall take the throne from the ashes, and build from it a better world for all of us!”

“Yes we shall! Yes we shall! Yes we shall!” the crowd cheered violently as the speaker concluded his speech.

As the crowd continued to cheer, the speaker turned and addressed one of the masked persons who was standing next to him. Unlike the other masked people, who wore blank-faced masks with no expressions drawn on it, the person had a wide-toothed grin drawn on their mask.

“Judas.”

“Yes, Father?” the person replied in a muffled voice.

“My sources tell me that Abel was killed by a recruit. His name’s Yoshihide Sakakibara. I’m giving you control over this. Do whatever you think is right in order to deal with him.”

“I understand, Father. I’ll not let you down.”

“Go now,” the Father finished giving his order, and he watched Judas leave into the cheering crowd.

“Let the show begin,” he remarked with confidence as he leaned back against the table and watched the crowd continue to cheer.

0