Chapter 1
1k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was baffled; transmigration, skills? These were something you would find in an isekai novel or anime. And what power could I have asked for that it cost my memories? What was pre-transmigration me thinking!

After I stopped complaining to myself, I pulled out the phone in my right pocket. The phone had no password, no fingerprint or face ID whatsoever. And I tried to look for any photos, old contacts but there was nothing. There was an app that was just called '???', and with a white icon.

[Welcome user. Would you like an explanation of your powers?]

[Yes] [No]

I selected yes.

[Confirmed. Your powers include:

1)The ability to create and command automata units. Each unit can have a specific ability, from combat to commander.

2) You can create vehicles and extra equipment.

3)The ability to build facilities from defensive towers to living areas.

4) All creations can not be refunded but can be stored in an item box. Only buildings, equipment, personal items, and deactivated units can be placed inside your item box. Living things can not be stored.
Please note that limits have been applied.

1) Only weapons before the 1960s are available; however, you can advance the ages by levelling up.

2) Weapons of mass destruction are not available.

3) There is a limit on the number of units you can summon. Currently, the limit is 200 and can be increased by levelling up.]

I was thoroughly impressed with my choice of ability. Clearly, I was some military nerd of some sort. I'm sorry for judging pre-transmigration me.

[Would you like to run through the basics of using this app?]

[Yes] [No]

I hit [Yes] once again, and seven options appeared.

[Status]
[Create Units]
[Create Vehicles and Ordinances]
[Create Supply and Equipment]
[Create Facilites]
[Management]
[Item box (0 items stored)]

[This is your main menu. Please select [Create Facilites] and build a command centre. Note: As part of the Tutorial, all creations will be free until completion .]

I selected [Create Facilites], and the command centre was the first to appear.

[Here is an overhead view of the surrounding area. Please place the [Command centre] in a 35x35 area. Note: 1 square is the equivalent of 1 metre.]

I looked at the map of the area and found that I was at the centre of a massive clearing in an enormously dense forest. It looked strange and unnatural, but it didn't matter to me.

I placed the command centre in the area in front of me. The ground gently shook, and a three-floored brick building emerged.
The command centre looked like a typical government building, with automatic glass doors, windows, and even working elevators.

[Next, please select [Create Facilites] and build 3x mining drills. Recommended to place these near high mineral areas shown red on the map.]

There were a few red spots on the map, so I placed them nearest the command centre.

[These drills can harvest any sort of minerals and refine them to any desired shape or size.]

Having something that can mine resources and refine it would be helpful.

[Please build a medical facility, unit recharge hub, living quarters, warehouses for storage and vehicle hanger.]

The medical facility was a three-floored hospital that was fully kitted out with beds, surgery rooms and the necessary medical equipment such as X-ray machines.

The unit recharge hub contained many pods, which I can assume the automaton units will use to recharge themselves. The whole roof was covered in solar panels, and many beware signs were put up everywhere.

The warehouse, well, was just a warehouse that was about 100 by 100 metres. I placed those on one side of the base whilst the living quarters were on the other side. Like the warehouse, I placed the vehicle hanger close by.

Finally, I built three types of houses: three medium-size houses, two large houses, and one large apartment building.

[Please create one hundred and fifty combat, ten medical, ten logistics and ten command staff. Personnel equipment will be adjusted to match the present situation unless specifically adjusted.]

I did as instructed and selected the correct numbers of units and abilities. A bright light shone in my eyes, and the next moment a group of automata with no faces appeared. All the units were automata meaning that they were not living beings. I guess they would be like AI androids.

Their bodies were like humans, but there were sections where their limbs would connect to the main body, and their skin was a light grey colour.

They had magazine holders and secondary weapon holsters as part of their bodies. The combat units were equipped with L1A1 rifles.
I realised that only one automaton had a face out of the whole group.

She had pale white skin, a great body made of metal, and long silver hair. She stepped out of the orderly line and saluted before saying.

"Supreme Commander, I am Ayumi, the leader of the first combat company. I will be serving you to the best of my abilities."

"Nice to meet you, but could you not call me Supreme Commander? It sounds very embarrassing."

"Negative, the way we call you is absolute and cannot be changed. To call you our Supreme Commander is an honour."

"Umm, sure."

Having been overpowered by Ayumi's determination to call me Supreme Commander, I decided to let the subject go for now. However, the name does make me sound like some evil tyrant.

"Supreme Commander, what would you like us to do?"

"Have the combat units secure our base and have some scout the surrounding area. The medical units, logistics, and command staff should go and settle in at their stations and get them working."

"Understood, I will pass on those orders to the units," Ayumi says before leaving.

After she left, I checked my phone.

[Tutorial complete. Rewards will be issued shortly.]

The unit recharge hub....🤦‍♂️I'm terrible with names, as you can tell. Let me know of any ideas of what to rename.

25