Chapter 13
452 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was some urgent news for me. The drills recently found a few unknown materials, but most of them were weak and useless. However, they managed to find a new mysterious material this time, and when I asked the elves about it, they were shocked.

It was about 5 meters tall and had a matte black colour—attempts to gather samples failed as it was simply too strong.

The elves told me that this was a dragon's fang, one of the first creatures to roam this planet. They were the strongest in this world, apart from the Gods. Nothing on this planet could even come close enough to rival the power of a dragon except its own species.

My powers could create units out of any material, so I decided to test that theory.

I opened my phone and created a unit made of dragon fang. The unit in front of me looked like a standard unit. However, its body was a matte black colour.

I ordered it to go outside the base, where we began to shoot every weapon we had. I even ordered it to hug an anti-tank mine. The bullets bounced off, and the anti-tank mine didn't even leave a scratch on it. If I could, I would try firing missiles at it.

[The Gods have noticed your actions; they are impressed with your ideas. However, to keep the balance of this world, only five units can be made from the dragon fang.]

Wait, the Gods, they can see what I'm doing! I don't think even having one is a good idea. I wonder why five, though?

Ayumi, who came over to watch our experiment, was reading through various reports.

"Supreme Commander, the new unit is highly durable. However, the energy consumption is extremely high."

"Hmm, that's fine; how long can the battery last?"

"At most two days."

Ah, that could be why five was the limit. For it to be indestructible, the tradeoff is that its battery consumption is exceptionally high. I guess this is pretty balanced.

I made four more units out of the dragon fang; I planned to use them as a special forces unit, so they were currently stationed at the recharge hub only to be activated when needed.

I still had about half of the dragon fang, which I left inside the warehouse. I plan to see if I can try to turn these into vehicles. But for now, I created extra combat units.

It was the fourth day, and I was tired of not feeling the sun's light. The temperature didn't drop when the sun disappeared, but the feeling of sunlight was something to be missed.

Our espionage unit was busy working gathering information that I wanted. We had quite a small pool of candidates, and every second it would change. Because of the monster's attacks, many lords had fallen. Our best candidate was a lord, who had only eight thousand people in a small territory. He has less than a thousand poorly equipped soldiers to defend his territory with the small population.

The Lord himself was an honest one, his family were high ranking lords, but after Orklarth took the throne, they were demoted. He had nothing grand and always prioritised his family and people first. He even sold his little accumulated wealth to purchase food for his people.

Just reading the reports, I already liked him. With our MRE factory producing day and night, our storages were full of food. I gave the order to make contact with this Lord.

I added four hundred more basic combat units to my army and also assembled a Huey squadron to fly around during the fight against the monster army. The Hueys are equipped with M60 Machine guns and, when coordinated with troops on the wall, could make defending a lot easier.

On day Four, we were greeted by another monster army. Dozens of large blue trolls emerge from the trees, armed with huge wooden clubs.

We had purchased a book about every known monster, and we've stored all our research on our computer database. And from what we know so far about trolls, they have tough skin and regenerative abilities.

Usually, to kill one would require a large group of two hundred to even have a chance of taking one down. They would either need to freeze it with magic or damage it enough so that it can't regenerate.

We opted for the second option by concentrating on explosive firing at the trolls. But it did take a very long time to take one of them down.

After our battle, I had all the troll bodies collected using the chinooks. There was a reason I wanted to collect them all, and that was because troll's blood was one of the ingredients to make healing potions.

The healing potions had a shelflife of a year before they turned into a bottle of random chemicals. They had the power to heal small to medium wounds, but they couldn't cure things like colds or infections.

The only problem was that we needed an alchemist who knew how to combine the other ingredients. Alchemists were in short supply in the first place, which decreased our chance.

After processing everything, we had just over a hundred gallons of troll blood. Plus, things like troll bones were extremely sturdy and could be sold to make weapons. We didn't have any use for it, as it wasn't good with the cold.

After the Apocolypse, there will be a lot of monster material on the market, decreasing its price probably for a year or more. However, I wouldn't be surprised if rarer things like a troll would remain at quite a high price.

At the end of day four, my level increased to 13, and my unit limit was increased by six hundred.

17