Chapter 31
234 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dozens of mortar shells whistled through the air and landed in the centre of the camp. However, instead of exploding, it released high concentrated tear gas, synthesised from a dog-sized frog creature that uses it to escape.

Not even a seasoned Vikner warrior could function properly. They also had decent effects on the giants by slightly hindering their sight. Jarl Ulf was immediately taken down by two units using a taser; his arms and legs were cuffed. Another unit grabs a tool from its belt that looks like a thick pen and pushes it against the master bracer.

Cracks began to form throughout the bracer before it shattered into several pieces, which were all collected. At the same time, all the slave collars linked to the bracer all stopped working. Even though the giants were still fighting the tear gas, they could feel they had regained control of their whole bodies.

Immediately several Vikner warriors were launched into the air by a single stomp from a giant, and many more began to follow. Around that time, all the guns had stopped firing just in case they accidentally hit one of the giants who were on a serious revenge streak. The Vikners well simply got what they deserved.

The tear gas had begun being dispersed by the mass stomping and from the force created by the giants swinging their massive clubs. The video sent back to HQ had jaw-dropping effects and was watched by everyone who had access.

In the end, only a handful of Vikner warriors survived, but they were taken as prisoners to be interrogated. The group of giants approached the small platoon of units handling prisoners.

"I am Balor, the younger brother of our clan leader. I must thank you, people, for saving us and allowing us the opportunity to avenge some of our fallen."

"No need to thank us, we act only on our master's orders. It was his wish to see you and your brethren freed. If you must, then it is our master that deserves the praises. However, he is currently unavailable, and we must continue with our mission."

"O-Oh, okay. I understand. We also need to free other members of our clan from these savages."

"Might I ask for details?"

"Yes, of course." and so Balor continued to tell what had transpired that led to their capture.

Several months ago, a group of humans came to their settlement and demanded subordination, which was rejected. The giants had an agreement with the land's lord several generations ago to live there.

But all of a sudden, a group of giants betrayed the clan by colluding with the humans. They held several of the children hostage with the slavery collars. They made the clan leader voluntarily put on a slavery collar along with several others, including Balor and his group.

Even though they weren't in control of their own bodies, they still had some of their senses. All the giants that had been enslaved were split into two groups, each with different missions.

Balor and his companions were ordered to attack key supply lines for the main Haiumi army. The other group were sent to fight on the front lines.

Balor's story was being transmitted back to HQ, where new orders were sent back, which were-.

"-we will assist in saving the rest of your clan. Our master dislikes betrayal, which he says is a recurring theme in this war.

Furthermore, please follow us back to our camp. We have food, water and medical aid for those who need it. Once you're all rested, we will begin moving west down the river to complete the next step of our mission."

"But where did those order- wait, never mind. We are thankful for you and your master's generosity," says Balor, as he and every other giant bowed in front of the units. Even then, the giants were still taller.

Back at the camp, the giants happily ate through MREs, which had been prepared last minute. Each of these MREs weighed over five kg and was filled to the brim with meat and vegetables. As slaves, they were fed barely enough for an adult human. After that, they were checked by a medical unit.

The prisoners were handcuffed by their arms and legs and were separated apart from each other to prevent them from talking to each other. No food or water was distributed since there were limited supplies.

The following day supplies and several jeeps were airdropped. The 24th platoon was also dispatched to take over the temporary base, whilst the 22nd continued their mission to locate the merchant asset.

The giants would be updated on anything about the rest of the giant clan whilst they recovered from the horrible treatments they had received.

After four days of travelling, the entourage of jeeps finally arrived outside a town. There was a big commotion in the city. No one was familiar with the jeeps or the equipment they were using. The guards hurried to call their lord.

"What! Whose flag were they carrying?" shouted Baron Thuland.

"No ones, my lord. They ride in these armoured metal boxes, all wearing the same strange clothes. They could be soldiers with magical artefacts."

"Call up all the men. I will head out myself to talk with them. We need to find out who they are affiliated with and if they are our enemies or not."

"Understood, my lord!" the guard runs out of the room with great speed to gather up all the soldiers and guards they had available. Their numbers just reached a hundred.

As the guard left, somebody else came bursting through the door.

"Brother! I heard that some strange people have arrived outside the walls."

"Micheal?! What are you still doing here? I thought you and Maria had already left." Baron Thuland shouted at his younger brother, Micheal.

Baron Thuland was a short middle-aged man with a small moustache, while his younger half-brother was the opposite. He was young, handsome, and most of all, a demon when talking about business. However, the fifteen-year age difference did not change their bond as brothers.

"I had Maria and the others go on ahead. There is something that I must do before I leave. Brother, trust me on this, and let me talk to these people on your behalf."

"Are you crazy? We don't even know who they are and who they are with. Wait... Do you know something about this?"

"Yes, I've been in contact with a fellow merchant who is noble in the former Cerenth Empire. She says that she is now serving a new master who has the power to end our civil war, and I trust what she says.

Brother, I'm pleading with you to trust me. She took me under her wing and taught me what I know today. If she didn't, I wouldn't have been able to return home."

After considering for a while, Thuland reluctantly agreed. He knew he could trust his brother but was hesitant for reasons that even he doesn't know himself.

"Thank you, brother.."

Minutes later, the wooden gate opened, and Micheal and a small group of guards armed with swords walked out. On top of the walls were archers to give covering fire even though they would not be able to deal any damage to the armoured cars.

Unit 22 approached the group alone but was equipped with an MP5 that could easily mow down a few dozen people at once.

"I am Micheal Thuland the younger brother of Baron Thuland. State your business."

"Greetings, I am the commander of the 22nd Platoon. Lady Christina Von Linixous has a message for you."

Micheal's expression softens with a smile at the mention of her former teacher.

"Go ahead."

"Very well," the unit reaches for the small voice recorder attached to the side of its belt and hits play.

"What's up, Micheal? I hope your business is still doing well because you still owe me that money! You do remember how I punish people who don't pay their debt?"

Though everyone was surprised by the female voice that came out of the small device, Micheal was happy to hear the voice of his former teacher despite the little threat.

"Also, these guys are the loyal soldiers of the new master I serve. They have something for your brother. Talk to you later!"

So you must be wondering what happened the last few weeks. This chapter was supposed to have been posted a while ago, but I messed up the upload, and it was going to be next year, lol. 

I then had a holiday in Portugal, where I planned to finish the next chapter, but there was a wildfire, and the whole resort had to evacuate. Spend the next few days in a hotel with limited items, but thankfully I was able to return after three days. The only other problem was that there was no wifi for another few days. 

So when I came back home, I decided to visit my cousins in Scotland, which is where I am now. I just had some spare time to write, which is when I found out that this chapter was not uploaded. Sorry about that, but it seems that I just can't have a proper holiday!

4