CHAPTER 19- Recovering a book.
42 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 19- Recovering a book.

(Pov- Dreimo.)

The student went home, with the promise to come back every day, reflected in her mood and smile. Is reading so entertaining? She was very excited to be reading on her own. She reads slowly, but I'm sure that in a month, she will be able to read normally.

"Reading takes you to other worlds," a quite famous phrase used to promote the love for reading. Is reading really that entertaining? I suppose so. Personally, I developed a liking for reading because it was the only thing I could do while locked up, but it didn't make me feel like I was in another world or entertain me that much. It just made me feel a little less sad, or helped me forget, even if just a little bit, the pain I was going through.

For me, reading is a way to feel calm, but it doesn't entertain me as much as a video game would. That's why I love being a librarian and being surrounded by books, it makes me feel like I'm in a peaceful, boring, and normal world. It makes me feel relaxed.

I wonder if that student feels the same way as I do. Does reading make her forget her problems? Or maybe reading makes her feel like she's really in another world. The accident took away her sight, but not her imagination. Reading makes her imagine that she's inside the book. Is that why she wants to read about heroes? In those books, the stories and adventures of the group of heroes are narrated. I am portrayed as an orphan who fought to escape poverty, working from a young age in agricultural lands, planting and harvesting crops, working in coal mines, and cleaning churches to earn a few coins. They see me as a hero who fought to survive, but the truth is, those jobs were so easy for me that I didn't even make an effort.

I wonder if that student imagines herself as a hero or something like that.

Oh well, I better stop thinking about that and keep working.

Hmm... Yes... I think it's fine... Just a little more... Alright... I'm finished!

"All the books are in their place."

Perfect. How nice things look when they're organized. Many idiots come here just to pretend to be intellectuals and try to flirt with women, and they end up putting the books in the wrong places. I hate them for making me work more than necessary, so I ruin their flirting attempts by making them fart very stinky gas, burping while spitting food remains on the women, and slipping. I've done it so many times that they don't come to this place anymore out of fear. I wonder if that bad reputation is good or bad.

But well, the important thing is that I finished my pending work.

It's time for my break, now I can go and enjoy my meal. Some people are reading, but too bad, if they need help they'll have to wait. Lunchtime is my right as a worker! I only miss my legal benefits, Christmas bonus, and social security, but that would be asking too much from this world. Having vacations and my lunch break is enough for me.

Oh, I almost forgot. Ahem. Go to hell, Gods! I'll thank myself for my meal. Thanks to my effort and hard work, I have money to buy food.

Ah, it feels so good. Telling them to go to hell makes my food taste more delicious.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead. Working hard like a normal person is harder than I remembered. I'm not tired, just a little stressed because of all the paperwork and organization. My body was developed for fighting, not for this kind of tasks, that's why I easily get stressed, afraid of doing something wrong.

For me, it would be easy to earn a lot of money, enough to buy a mansion and have servants, but I don't want a life of luxury. I want a simple and normal life.

... Hmm... Now that I think about it, will I ever be able to have children? I mean, I want to have them, but how? I can only have children with women who have almost the same magical power as me. The heroes are the only ones with whom I could have children, but I don't consider them my friends anymore.

The Goddesses are ruled out, including Sant, so I don't have any available options.

Ah, goodbye dream of having a family.

At least I'll try to fall in love with a single mother and become a stepfather... No... Ah... I don't know what I'll do. But yes, the idea of being a stepfather doesn't sound so bad... I better not think about it, not for now.

... A single mother, huh? With a child, who sees me as their father despite not sharing blood. Giving both of them a good life, full of love and affection. She would kiss me with true love, and he would call me "dad". It doesn't sound bad at all, in my opinion. I think I should add it as a secondary goal to my main goal "Get a wife." A single mother... Ah, but I'll think about that later.

I better enjoy the present and don't think too much about my future.

And in my present, there's my best friend, Yuik. Can I consider her my best friend already? I'm Yuik's only friend, so that makes me her best friend, but is she my best friend? I think it's too soon to confirm. It would be desperate of me to already consider her my best friend. I want to give her that title, but I'll wait a month.

I got off track. Ahem. In my present, there's Yuik, and I will enjoy it! Let's go enjoy our delicious food...! Huh? Did a tentacle just grab me?

Oh, boss, what now? It's my break time!

She stood by my side and patted my back, while smiling sweetly at me. She looks so cute, I admit it, but I know perfectly well that smile of an overbearing boss. She wants something from me.

"H-hello, boss. Is there a problem?"

"Hey, Dreimo, were you already leaving? Could you do me a small favor?"

I would refuse, but my character wouldn't, I designed him to be a boring librarian who always obeys his boss.

"Yes, of course. What do you need?"

"Someone borrowed a book and hasn't returned it. Can you go get it?"

Yes, she's angry. She gets very angry when people don't return books on time because she's someone who believes that rules should always be followed (at least her own, because she has broken several rules by sexually harassing me). And she's addicted to order. If something is out of place, I think it gives her anxiety or something. She becomes more of a harasser and takes that as an excuse to always touch me with her tentacles... Ah, if I were a woman and she were a man, this would be twice as disgusting. She's lucky that I don't care too much about her sexual harassment, as long as she doesn't do it in front of Yuik.

Well, I better avoid that side, I don't want Yuik to see something uncomfortable.

I don't think it will take me that long.

Besides, good employees obey their bosses, although they are commonly called "bootlickers".

I want to be a good employee, but I won't be a bootlicker.

It's my break time. The time I waste retrieving the book, I'll make up for later. I won't give away minutes of my free hour.

"Of course, boss. Who requested it?"

"A young adventurer. Here, take her address."

An adventurer who reads? Well, well. Surely she's the brains of her team. Maybe a healer. Recovery magic requires many magical formulas to work, and only a genius could use them all at once.

Usually, users of that magic are calm and kind people, I don't think I'll have any problem retrieving the book... Unless that person is dead in some dungeon and I have to consider the book lost, which would make my boss angry and... Oh, please, I hope you're alive, young adventurer. I don't want tentacles groping my body.

"I'll go immediately."

The faster I finish, the sooner I'll eat with Yuik. I'll ask her to wait for me so we can take our breaks together.

After asking Yuik to wait for me to eat, I went to pick up the book, hoping to find the adventurer.

I don't think it will take me long, her house is nearby, and my boss has already taken a liking to Yuik, she'll take care of her for me.

Yuik is afraid of my boss because she has seen how my boss defiles my sacred body with her sticky tentacles, but she trusts her, at least enough to stay close to her and wait for me.

And my boss is a good person, although she has a perverted and sadistic side. If we were in a modern world, she would already have charges of sexual harassment. But that doesn't take away from how responsible she is with her work.

... Wait, Dreimo.

I stopped abruptly and took a deep breath.

Wow, my mouth is watering.

"Sniff, sniff. Mmm. What smells so good?"

It smells so delicious.

I looked around. There are many food stalls, but which particular stall does this smell come from? I'm surrounded by smells, but one in particular made my mouth water.

Apparently, this area of the city sells very delicious food. I'll remember to come here later with Yuik (and to steal the recipes and prepare them at home).

It feels like such a good atmosphere, there are so many people shopping. It looks so cheerful. I'll definitely come here with Yuik. She'll get very nervous being surrounded by people, but it will help her get used to it.

I'll buy some food for Yuik and myself. Home-cooked food is delicious, but the food from this place smells really good, even better than the red rice with chicken I brought.

Let's see... It's around here... I'm getting closer... I found it!

I approached a simple food stand. It looks quite mediocre in terms of appearance, but my sense of smell doesn't deceive me. As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover. The old woman should work on her image, she would sell more. And something strange that I notice is that nobody seems interested in her stand, despite having such delicious food. Why?

A simple stand of meat and fruit skewers. Delicious! Nutritious food and greasy food, my favorite combination.

The old woman, an employee or owner of that stand, is almost skin and bones. How old is she? I think around 70-80 human years. And she still works? Don't her children help her financially? It's sad that her children don't help her, although I can't criticize without knowing the story, maybe she's alone in this world.

Oh, I don't have time to waste, I want to return to Yuik as soon as possible.

I stood in front of the stand and looked at the skewers. Only two types? Aren't there different flavors or something? Well, it's easier to choose this way.

"Good afternoon, young man."

Her voice is so... soothing to listen to. She speaks somewhat softly and you can tell she is making an effort to speak without stumbling.

"Good afternoon. I would like 10 meat skewers and 10 fruit skewers."

"Oh, you're very hungry, huh?" - She said, laughing a little, but in a nice way, I mean, she's not laughing to make fun of me, she's just trying to make conversation with me and make me feel comfortable.

An old woman, laughing while covering her mouth... Yes, it's adorable.

"Yes, I can't deny it."

The skewers are quite large, 20 is too many, but Yuik and I have a big appetite... Now that I think about it, I don't think they will be enough.

Yuik always repeats the dish 4 times, and I do 5 so she doesn't feel bad for eating too much.

Yes, definitely 20 won't be enough.

"No, wait."

I know I should try them first to see if it's worth buying more, but my sense of smell doesn't deceive me, this food is... delicious. Huh? What did I do now?

Sadness? I feel sadness in her being.

Did she feel sad when I said that? Does she think I will cancel the order? Ouch, it hurts to feel her sadness, because she hides it with a smile. That brings back bad memories. Very bad memories...

No, please, old woman, don't feel sad, because you also make me feel a little sad.

Ah... I touched my hand and smiled. No more pain or sadness in your life. Don't continue torturing yourself.

"I want 20 of each."

And her happiness returned to her.

"With pleasure, young man." - She said, smiling at me, and closed her eyes because she doesn't want me to see that her eyes are teary.

Ah, really, who would imagine that the weakness of the great Dreimo would be adorable and pure people?

At least buying from her made me feel good. From now on, I will come to buy from her three times a week. She will be the only one whose recipe I won't steal (at least not while she's alive).

She is poor, it's evident from her clear malnutrition and body that is more bones than flesh. I hope my financial help is enough to make her last years or months of life happy and comfortable.

Mmm...

While she packs my food in a paper bag, I started to think about the inevitable old age of human beings.

It's normal to age, even among the Gods. My curse will prevent me from aging, but with my transformation magic, I can age, at least my librarian character.

What does it feel like to be an old human? What does it feel like for it to be difficult for me to move a muscle? Will it hurt?

Human normality is so simple, yet mysterious in my eyes. I think that's where the beauty of being mortal lies, they experience so much in such a short time, but at the cost of living less than 100 years. Well, although it's thanks to that they experience so much, because knowing they have so little time to live, they enjoy day-to-day life more than a long-lived being.

I wonder if Yuik will want to live with me for about 5,000 years, but if she falls in love with a human and has children, I doubt she would want to live longer than them. A mother can't bear to see one of her children die.

I will die once I am satisfied with the normality in my life, but I don't know how long it will take me, considering the constant dangers in my life.

... Ah... I have so many things on my mind.

"Thank you very much for your purchase."

"Thank you. How much is it?"

After receiving my food and paying, I continued on my way.

Huh? Am I really that hungry? Hehe. I like this empty feeling and the sound it makes. It tickles me.

My stomach growls just from smelling the food.

I want to eat with Yuik, but I don't think she'd mind if I eat one. After all, there are so many skewers, I don't think she'll notice that I ate 19 and she ate 20.

I took a skewer of meat from the bag and started eating. Mmmh! I knew it, my sense of smell never lies! Wow, this meat is easy to chew, it's greasy and delicious. It's like an addictive flavor that compels you to eat slowly to savor the taste in your mouth or eat many skewers until you're satisfied.

It's as if the meat melts in my mouth with each bite. It was definitely worth buying so many.

Mmm... It's 3 in the afternoon, most food stalls open early, at 6 in the morning. Did she open late or didn't sell much? Maybe she sold everything and her children brought her more merchandise. Her stall was full of skewers.

Yes, maybe she just started, because her food is really delicious, it must be popular... But, there's something that intrigues me. If she sells so much, why does she look so poor and hungry? And if she doesn't sell much, why? Her food is very delicious.

Could it be a marketing strategy to appear poor to elicit sympathy? She is a kind and pure old lady, my eyes don't deceive me, I don't think she's lying, and if she does, there must be a reason behind it besides wanting to sell, like paying for medical treatment for one of her children or grandchildren.

Well, I won't dwell on the affairs of people who are unrelated to me, it's not my concern. I just have to worry about Yuik, who is the person who needs me the most.

And going back to the food, I never get tired of its taste!

I-I don't think Yuik will notice that I ate 15 and she ate 20. Hehe.

I finished the first skewer and kept the wooden stick in my pocket, so as not to dirty the other skewers with the saliva residue on the stick.

I took another skewer.

"The food from this place will never bore me..."

Huh?

I suddenly stopped... I feel... too much sadness. The soul of a very good person is suffering.

A kind soul is suffering greatly.

If it were a normal soul, I would ignore it, but it's very rare to come across kind souls in this world. Their kindness is beautiful, hard to ignore even for a monster like me.

They must be a person with a kind heart. And they are looking at me. I feel their gaze on me.

I turned to my right... Oh, wow. A little girl with cat ears.

How adorable.

From her dirty and torn clothes, I can easily tell that she is poor. And her expression is one of pain and sadness. She caresses her stomach anxiously.

Wait... A little poor girl, hungry, with torn clothes... No, no, no, no.

P-please, let it not be what I'm thinking.

[Analysis.]

Her personal information appeared in front of me.

... Mmm... Ah.

I sighed in relief.

She is a virgin of her whole body, without exception. I thought she was raped or tortured, but she only suffers from malnutrition.

She feels sad because she is hungry.

I'm sorry, little girl, but I can't solve the poverty of the world... Well, I can, but I'm a normal person, and normal people don't do that.

You must survive on your own, but I can give you a little help.

Oh, I made her uncomfortable by looking at her too much. She got scared of me and turned around to leave.

"Are you hungry, little one?"

Her ears and tail started moving as she heard me, reflecting her hope and happiness, believing that I would give her food. And she's right, because I will.

I approached her and crouched down so she wouldn't have to look up. I don't want her to feel inferior to me for giving her food, I want her to see that I'm doing it because I want to see her happy, not to feel better about myself.

This girl is 7 years old, but she's very, very small. She's about 80 or 70 centimeters tall, although that's normal for her race. They're small cats.

Just like the skin color of humans, the demihumans are also different among themselves... Well, I used a bad example. Skin color is the only thing that's different about us, but otherwise we're the same. But demihumans are very different.

There are big, small, strong, fast, and so on demihumans. It depends on the bloodline they belong to. It's basically like different animal breeds.

She is small, but she's probably very fast and agile.

"Hello, my name is Dreimo. Take this."

I handed her the bag with skewers.

"Thank you, nya! C-can I have two, please, nya?!"

Nya? How adorable she is! Her voice is so high-pitched and cute. I want to adopt you...! I mean, after all, it's normal for some couples to not be able to have children and decide to adopt. I'm not sacrificing my normalcy... No... A killer will come for me soon, I can't put her in danger. Ah... I hope you're happy. I'll adopt you if that killer comes for me in less than two years.

Yuik suffered from many abortions. Does she want to have children someday or has she developed trauma and is afraid of getting pregnant? Maybe raising this girl will help her develop her maternal side and feel happier. Good idea, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

"Don't worry, you can take the whole bag."

"Nya?!"

How cute!

"With confidence. I may seem simple, but I have more than enough money," I said, winking.

After a joke, winks. I've seen that many times, so it's normal. I think it helps to relax the situation or something like that.

"C-can I really take it, nya?"

Her ears and tail move much more than before... Yes, she's very adorable.

I really want to pat her head, but I don't want to seem like a perverted pedophile trying to gain the trust of a poor little girl with food.

"Of course, you look hungry. Don't worry, I have enough money to buy more. You need it more than me."

"T-thank you very much, sir! I really appreciate it, nya!"

Sir... It feels good to be treated as someone older.

Although the damn cliché of looking like a teenager haunts me. I am doomed to use transformation magic to look like an adult for the rest of my life.

"You're welcome. Take care."

I better go, I don't think I can resist my desire to touch her cat ears anymore.

I walked away from her and stretched my arms.

"Thank you very much, sir, nya!!"

I waved my arm to say goodbye.

Normally, I wouldn't care about seeing poor people and would ignore them, but she's an exception. Her soul is truly kind, and she resembles the soul of the most important person in my life right now.

She resembles Yuik's soul... Well, not so much. Yuik is kind, but she can't compare to the soul of this little girl.

If Yuik is such a pure being, willing to be friends with someone like me, that little girl is twice or thrice as pure, although that can also make her very naive... Ah, I really hope nothing happens to her. This place is safe thanks to the hero Dreimo and his student, no one dares to commit crimes here out of fear of public execution after the infernal week (seven days of torture). I created that law, and Seirak and her squad are responsible for investigating and capturing criminals. It's a very safe place, but human nature can be very cruel. No place is 100% safe. There will always be people willing to commit crimes without caring about the consequences, just to satisfy their darkest desires... like I was in the past...

"Yes... in the past... Of course."

Ah, I've already wasted too much time. Yuik must be starving.

Let's finish this.

I turn right here.

Alright, I've arrived at the address my boss gave me.

It smells horrible. Is there a dead body...? I said it as a joke, but yes, there is a dead body on that corner. Did he die of hunger? Yes and no. From the marks on his arms, he were a drug addict, but since Seirak's squad eliminated the drug traffickers, it's impossible to consume them. He must have suffered from withdrawal, so much that it drove him crazy. Couldn't he just settle for legal drugs? He were probably addicted to one of the drugs that I made illegal.

This is the poor area of the city, a place where society's outcasts live, like adventurers who lost their limbs, unable to continue working as adventurers, and in the worst cases, unable to work normally in any job, condemning them to live off others, always in bed or in a wheelchair. At least women who lost their arms or legs can become prostitutes, in fact, that's quite normal. Most of the prostitutes in this area were adventurers who lost parts of their bodies or simply weren't cut out for being adventurers.

All the poverty is concentrated in this part of the city because the people who live here pay very little taxes. It's a way to separate the poor from the rest. And not only that, but it's also used to establish businesses that are frowned upon by the majority, such as prostitution, gambling, and fights to the death of humans and animals. It's a place where the dark side of people can come out without fear of judgment. After all, everyone who enters here knows what they will find and see.

In the past, the poor areas of the world were much more disgusting and dangerous, so Lineik took it upon herself to make them a little more civilized (although she ended up taking over all the slums of the world and is now the Queen of the underworld). Meimik wanted to eliminate all the danger from these areas. Lein wanted only brothels and gambling to be preserved. Saraik didn't care about what humans did, so she said nothing about it. I won't remember the traitorous son of a bitch. I sided with Lineik, after all, prohibiting too much would only make the forbidden businesses much more interesting and expensive, they would still exist. It's like the drug business, prohibiting them will only make prices go up, making the traffickers richer. The most dangerous and addictive drugs are prohibited, but some are allowed. It doesn't completely eliminate the illegal market, but it does take away 95% of its profits, making it a not worthwhile business. After all, it's better to consume cheap drugs than very expensive ones that only make you feel a little more... Well, whatever drugs make them feel. I'm immune to those effects, so I don't know what they feel. The only drugs that have affected me are those made from Succubus blood, forcing me to feel a great sexual desire and... made me do things I'd rather not remember.

Ah, anyway, I'll leave that topic aside.

My boss said that an adventurer requested the book. I guess she's still a novice. I hope she saves enough to get out of this place.

Ah, I hope she's not a rude adventurer. I'd rather avoid trouble.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

"Wait! I'm coming!"

The voice sounds young. Yes, a novice. I wonder if she requested a book related to medicinal plants, it would be the most realistic for most people, especially someone living in this place. Collecting medicinal plants is very basic and pays little, but at least it's enough to live without hunger, and if she becomes an expert in collecting, she'll live a comfortable life, albeit without luxuries. I would go down that path.

After a few seconds, I heard something hit the door, followed by a scream.

"Ouch! That hurt!"

Did she...?

Don't laugh, Dreimo. Don't laugh. Pffff. What an idiot.

The girl opened the door.

Fufu. She's rubbing her forehead. She hit the door, huh? Is that even possible?

She's clearly clumsy. Who trips and hits their face on the door? It's the first time I've seen something so stupid.

Well, she even got a bump. It's curious. I want to touch it, but I don't want to get in trouble with my boss.

"Oh, you're the librarian, nya."

I already have some reputation, huh? The first step is complete, now I just need a woman to approach me. I hope to fall in love. I don't care about looks, as long as she's not jealous of my friendship with Yuik.

"Good afternoon, young lady. I'm here for the book."

"Book? What book...? Uwaaaah! Crap, it's true, I forgot to return the book, nya! I'm such an idiot!"

Yes, and I won't deny it.

She quickly backed away from me and entered her room. How do I know it's her room? This house is so small, it only has one room, and the kitchen, living room, and dining room are all in the same place. And the bathroom is just a hole in the corner, I can smell it.

Oh well, she may be poor, smelly, dumb, and clumsy, but that doesn't take away her adorableness. She's another cat girl, and she's small too.

She's about four feet three inches tall (130 cm). She's almost adorable, she only has something that takes away her adorableness: her huge breasts. It looks weird for such a small girl to have huge breasts and a big butt. Seriously, I feel uncomfortable looking at her. There are no plastic surgeries in this world, so her body is natural. At least if she fails as an adventurer, she'll do very well as a prostitute... What an offensive comment I just made. I better not comment on that anymore.

Wow... I'm six feet tall (182 cm). I feel giant next to her.

It's not an average height, but tall men are more attractive to women.

Here she comes running... with her breasts bouncing exaggeratedly.

Seriously, how cliché and uncomfortable, but it's normal to happen. Just as there are flat and busty humans, there are also in demihumans. It all depends on genetics.

"I-I'm sorry, nya...! Uwaaaah!"

She slipped again and almost fell on her face, but I crouched down and caught her, hugging her. Just barely. If the book gets damaged, my boss will use it as an excuse to sexually harass me... I feel her nipples. Don't you even have money for a bra? Poor thing.

"You shouldn't run inside your house. Be more careful."

"Thank you very much for saving me, Mr. Librarian!"

Mr. Librarian, huh? Sounds good. I like you, cat girl.

She handed me the book. Finally, I can leave... Oh, no, I still need to collect the fine money.

It may be a public library, but delays are paid for with money. We only lend books for a week, not a day more. That way, we make sure that everyone has a chance to read the books because no book in the library is repeated, mainly to have variety. Fines are to ensure that no one tries to keep the book for longer, depriving another person of the opportunity to read it.

"And about the fine..."

"T-the fine?! Oh no."

Hmm? Did it upset her that much...? Ah, it's true, she's poor.

"I-I... I don't have money to pay the fine. C-couldn't you forgive me just this once? I-it's the first time it's happened to me, nya."

She looks desperate and very nervous. If she doesn't have any money, how is it possible that she forgot to return the book? Considering her clumsiness, she's possibly very absent-minded... or stupid.

Huh? How adorable. She rubs her ears to calm herself. I envy her, I also want to pet them... Is she doing that so I'll take pity on her? No, she's not smart enough to do that, and I don't feel like she would dare to manipulate me, I don't sense that in her.

I wonder what kind of book a girl like her is reading... Oh, wow. "How to make money"? What a curious book.

Does she really think she'll make money by reading a book? Yes, she's desperate to earn money.

It seems like she's not doing well as an adventurer. Well, she's young. I think she's 16 years old. She lacks experience.

She's very poor, and if she doesn't eat well, her performance will be trash and she'll never progress. I think some advice would help her... But I don't have time, I have to go back to Yuik.

Good luck, cat girl. And for showing me something fun (your falls) and adorable (your ears and tail), I'll pay the fine for you.

"Don't worry, you were only one day late. You won't have to pay anything this time. But don't let it happen again."

"Really, nya?! Yay!"

She started jumping and I looked away, not wanting to see her breasts bouncing. Seriously, how... cliché... Cliché... No, it's not possible that this is happening to me, it's too soon. It's a coincidence. She's just a girl with a lot of energy and a bit foolish, that's all. It's not what I'm thinking, it's impossible.

Although, just in case...

[Analysis]

... She's a virgin... She hasn't had her first kiss... She's too pure.

She's very thin, making her breasts look much bigger. She suffers from malnutrition, she needs to eat. How did she get breasts without eating well? I don't understand.

Anyway. She's poor, but at least she keeps her dignity. She hasn't sold her body or done drugs. I respect the work of prostitution, but most women only do it out of necessity, feeling like a mere object to satisfy men, filling their beings with sadness, frustration, and shame.

Prostitutes are afraid of becoming mothers because they know their children would be teased for being the offspring of women who sell their bodies. And they also can't find love because men don't want to be with a woman who has been with so many men, they feel like they're settling for leftovers. A thought that I consider stupid, because sex is just pleasure, it can't be compared to making love because not only do you feel sexual pleasure, but the relationship between partners is also strengthened. Sex and making love are not the same, although yes, you don't have to be a genius to know that you can't have sex if you already have a partner, because that would be infidelity, and you can't cover it up by saying it's sexual freedom. Infidelity is infidelity.

Ah, I got too distracted.

... No, I won't help her.

I can't waste any more time. And I don't want to help all the time either.

"Thank you so much, sir...! Uwaaaah!"

Ouch.

She slipped and fell to the ground, hitting her head. I wanted to catch her, but I have the book in my hands, I'm sorry.

"Kyaa! It hurts, nya!"

She started rubbing her head while rolling on the ground, crying.

Ah, what a nuisance, I have to pretend to be nervous.

Ahem.

I bring the blood to my face. There, I must be blushing now.

"M-miss, you shouldn't jump like that. B-be careful."

I covered my eyes and moved away from her.

The clichés still follow me. It's just a coincidence, but I'm starting to doubt. When she fell to the ground, her underwear could be clearly seen.

She has good taste. Black is my favorite color. Although, well, since she's poor, her underwear is a mess. It's torn, and a part of her bare buttocks was visible.

While rolling on the ground, her buttocks could be clearly seen because her skirt lifted up.

Despite being malnourished, she has a nice body, but she's very clumsy and foolish.

The lack of nutrients has affected her brain.

"I-I must go. Goodbye."

I walked away from her house, very frustrated.

"The clichés of entertainment mark the beginning of torture." That's what the Supreme Goddess told me when she gave me my curse.

Stay calm, Dreimo, once this is over, you'll live in peace forever.

I must avoid the clichés of this world, that will buy me time.

Dreimo left, and although he was somewhat worried about the issue of his curse, as it could affect Yuik, he is also quite happy and satisfied with his day because he ate delicious food, met a little cat girl who he made her happy, was able to retrieve the book without any problem, saving him from sexual harassment, and will soon be eating with Yuik.

In summary, it was an excellent day, not only for him but also for the cat girls.

"Sister, sister, look!"

The little girl Dreimo helped entered the house of the girl who forgot to return the book.

They are both sisters. Coincidence or destiny?

Clichés, unfortunately for him, follow Dreimo everywhere, so it's destiny.

"A man gave me all this food, nya!"

"... A man?"

She's not as naive as she seems. She suspects the food might be drugged or poisoned. It's common sense to be suspicious, especially of food from a stranger.

"Don't worry, I saw when he bought it, nya. It's safe to eat, nya."

"... What did he ask for in return? Did he ask for something perverted?! We must report him!"

"He didn't ask for anything, sister. He said I looked hungry and gave it to me, nya. He left without asking for anything in return, nya. And he was very nice! He was a very good person and very nice, nya! You should win him over, sister, nya!"

Mistake.

Dreimo is not a good person, or at least that's what he says.

He only helped her because she deserved his help for having a kind soul, that's all. He felt it was his responsibility to help her.

The cat girl began to smell the skewers, checking for anything strange, and once she confirmed there was nothing odd, she took a skewer and began to eat.

"So we have food for the whole week, nya! There are still good people in the world, little sister, nya!"

"And they're delicious, nya!"- said the little one, chewing and enjoying a very small piece of meat.

She eats slowly, to enjoy it longer, as she doesn't know how long it will be until she can eat something so delicious again.

The older cat felt sad seeing her, but smiled and stroked her head, not to worry her, thanking the person who helped them, from the bottom of her heart, with a simple "thank you", full of gratitude.

But while they were distracted, gaining weight and flesh, erasing any trace of malnutrition.

Why? Because when Dreimo helps, he helps well.

(Pov- Dreimo.)

I hope that girl doesn't eat too much. One skewer a day will be enough to fill her stomach. She'll get fat if she eats them all, I hope she knows how to control herself.

I used magic to enhance the nutrients... Or something like that. Basically, eating the skewers will make her healthier, filling her stomach as if she had breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

She suffers from malnutrition, she needs to regain nutrients to recover her health. But she must eat slowly. Eating too much will have the opposite effect.

I hope she knows how to manage the food.

I entered the library and approached Yuik, showing her the skewers I bought again.

"Let's eat," I said, smiling.

She nodded and began to salivate.

Embarrassed, she quickly wiped her mouth, but I already saved that image in my mind. How adorable! I knew you would like it.

Old woman, thanks to you I was able to see that. I'll repay you later.

5