Prologue
330 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dammit… Why? Just why?!”

A lone fox girl screamed in the middle of the night as she watched her capital engulfed in flames. She can still hear the sound of sword clashing and the dying scream of her people to the point that she collapsed to the ground.

She looked up just as the moon slowly turned red as if it knew. The sound of rustling leaves caused the fox girl’s ears to perk up. She returned her gaze from the sky to the direction where the sound came from. 

Five figures appeared in front of her and as they stepped to out in the open under the red moon, she immediately knew that they were from the church.

“Of fucking course it would be you guys.”

She growled angrily as they surrounded her.

“You’ve already taken my kingdom. What more do you want from me!?”

A man looking in priest attire  stepped forward and lifted the girl’s chin up towards him.

“You. My dear Shrine Maiden.”

He chuckled as he stroked the girls’ cheek.

“I am the representative priest dispatched to the Human Alliance just to retrieve you so you can aide in humanity’s fight against the demons.”

The fox girl scoffed and spat at the his face.

“What a load of bull. We both know that’s not the truth. It’s the power contained in my body isn’t it?”

The priest smirked in response to her deduction.

“That saves me the trouble, so why don’t you be a good girl and come with us? That is if you don’t want to see anymore of your people slain and enslaved.”

As the priest’s about to put a slave collar around her neck, the fox girl’s ears picked up a silenced bullet whizzing past her.

She looked at the priest, only to see a pale white face of horror. The four other people behind the priest were his escorts and one of them felt that something was off. He approached the priest and saw that there was blood coming out from his back. As the priest crumpled to the ground, 

“Ene-…!”

The knights shouted in a panic however was cut short as he felt a light prick entering his chest. He looked down and saw that he was bleeding in a similar manner like the priest. He turned his head a little bit to the left to see his fellow knights lying on the ground dead..

A girl wielding a firearm came out from a bush that was behind the fox girl.

“All Tangos down. I want this perimeter secured.”

 She then did a hand signal and in response, three more came out of their covers. The fox girl understood that the girl giving out orders was the squad leader.

“Affirmative.”

They both responded in unison and formed a circle formation around her and the fox girl.

The fox girl and the gun girl were looking at each other, eye to eye. Before the fox girl had the chance to speak first, the gun girl beat her to the punch.

“We know.”

That alone caused the fox girl to leak out a nervous.

“O-h..” 

I decided to make a new story page to upload my rewrite as suggested by one of my readers.

 I did change the title to fit the original idea I had with the story along with a change in the synopsis.

Chapter 1-4 will be uploaded today and tomorrow.

9