Chapter 2
69 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A person came running towards us, laughing their lungs off. Another person trailed them, crying

out angrily.

“You can’t catch me hahahahaha!” The guy laughed. 

He looked around 19 with black hair and blue eyes. The other guy, who looked 17, followed him. He had brown hair and green eyes.

“Mason!!!” The boy around 17 yelled.

“Haha!” Mason turned, still running, he stuck out his tongue, “Slowpoke!” Mason turned back around, but it was too late. He ran right into me. When I fell, the air got knocked out of me. I gasped for breath as he pulled himself off of me.

“Sorry there!” The guy smiled, “Here let me help you.” He stuck out his hand, “I’m Mason if you didn’t hear the maniac over there scream it.” I took his hand and he pulled me up.

“Oh, um. . . I’m Thomas.” I shook his hand. He held onto my hand for a few more seconds. My face burned and I quickly pulled my hand away.

“Mason. . .who’s. . .this. . .” The 17-year-old said through breaths of air.

“His name is Thomas. Thomas, this is Liam, Liam this is Thomas.” Mason introduced us.

“Hi.” I smiled, Liam glared back, “Okay.” I muttered. 

“Ahem.” Elijah raised his eyebrows.

“Oh! This is Elijah!” I introduced him.

Elijah waved but didn’t say anything.

“I like him,” Liam said simply, pointing at Elijah.

I stared blankly at both of them. I looked over to my right, Mason was there. I looked down at our hands. He had taken my hand again. I squeezed my eyes shut.

“Um. . .Mason?” I looked at him, then looked at our hands.

“Oh, sorry.” He quickly pulled his hand away.

“All's good,” I said quietly.

“So. . .” Elijah looked around, “What now?” 

“Why are you here?” Mason asked.

“We ran away.” Elijah’s eyes suddenly went dark, almost with anger.

“Excuse me?” Mason raised his eyebrows.

“We ran away from the eliminators,” I said simply.

“The eliminators?” Mason repeated.

“These guys that are trying to kill us.” Elijah said, rolling his eyes, “It says it in the name.”

“They sound pleasant.” Mason frowned.

“Quite.” I agreed.

“Is that them over there?” Liam asked, pointing.

Everyone turned to look. Instantly Mason pulled out a knife.

“Woah, Woah there. Mason, calm down. It might not be them!” I said, holding up my hands.

“It’s them,” Elijah confirmed.

“Wait what?! How did they find us?!” I yelled out.

“Don’t know. Maybe they followed us?” Elijah shrugged, calmly.

“How are you being so calm?!” I felt any hope left in me of being safe melt away.

“Probably cause if I was yelling like you are then they would know we’re here. Because if you didn’t see, they’re still looking around. They don’t know we’re here.” Elijah raised his eyebrows and smirked.

“Oh.” I covered my mouth.

“Idiot,” Liam muttered.

Mason glared at him.

“Why are YOU glaring at me?” Liam whispered to Mason.

“You don’t gotta be rude to him. He didn’t do anything.” Mason continued to glare.

“You're acting like his mom. He can stand up for himself.” Liam spat. 

“Shut up you two!” Elijah spun around. 

I looked and saw one of the eliminators slowly turn their head. I grabbed Liam and Mason and pulled down. They both fell.

“What was-” Liam began but Elijah covered his mouth.

“Shut up!” Elijah whispered into Liam’s ear.

Liam looked and saw the eliminator. He pulled Elijah’s hand from his face but kept his mouth shut.

The eliminator that may have seen them looked at the spot where they had been. He grabbed his friend’s shoulder and pointed towards the spot. They began walking over slowly.

“I think they saw us,” I whispered to Elijah.

“Yeah. I think they did too.” Elijah whispered back, “We should run.”

“For sure.” I agreed as I slowly moved backward. 

I had moved about three inches backward when I ran into someone’s legs. I looked up and saw one of the eliminators simply staring back down.

“Gotcha.” The eliminator grinned.

I got up and was about to run when he grabbed my wrist.

“Oh no. You’re not going anywhere. You’ve caused enough trouble already.” The eliminator grinned and chuckled.

“Let him go.” Mason stood right in front of us holding out his knife.

“Or what?” The eliminator challenged Mason.

“Do you really wanna know?” Mason said, holding up his knife closer to the eliminator.

“You wouldn’t dare.” The eliminator smirked.

“Trust me. I would.” Mason gave the eliminator such a look that I looked away, slightly afraid he was aiming it at me. Then I felt the eliminator’s hand slip away from my wrist. It felt as if it was falling. I looked and saw the eliminator’s hand on the ground. I gulped. I looked up and saw Mason, his knife now dripping with blood. The eliminator groaned and screamed and clutched his now bloody wrist. 

“Are you okay?” Mason asked, running over.

I half expected him to go to the eliminator, but he came over to me.

“Me?” I asked.

“Yeah, you. Are you okay?” He repeated.

“Yeah, I’m okay. What about the eliminator though?” I said, gesturing over towards the guy sprawled out on the ground, a puddle of blood all around him.

“Why does it matter?’ Mason asked, he then looked down at his hand that held the knife.

I gave him a look, “Are YOU okay?” I asked.

“Oh. . . Oh no. I just did that. How-” Mason dropped the knife, “Why did I do that? I'm sorry, I’m so so so sorry.” Mason took a step back, “I-” He looked around and met my eyes, “I gotta go.” Mason turned and ran.

I stood there shocked.

“Go after him.” There it was, the voice. After so long, there it was.

I trusted the voice now and ran towards Mason.

“Mason! Wait!” I called out. 

Mason kept running like he didn’t hear me.

“Mason! Please!” I stopped running and called out again.

He kept going.

“Threaten to kill yourself.” The voice said.

“Mason! If you don’t stop, I’ll kill myself!” I yelled.

Mason instantly stopped, he turned his head slowly, “You wouldn’t.” 

I gave him a look that said, “Would I?” 

He came running over, “Don’t!” He grabbed my shoulders.

“Fine. But, you gotta promise to not do that again. You can’t just run away from things.” I took his hand and squeezed. I felt my heartbeat fastly as he looked at me with his blue ocean eyes.
“Promise.” He said as he pushed a small brown strand away from my face.

“I-” I began to say but Mason put his finger to his lips.

“Shh.” He said quietly.

I smiled and looked at him again. He was leaning towards me.

“Thomas?!”  Elijah called out.

We quickly pulled away from each other.

“Oh. Did I interrupt something?”  Elijah asked as he stopped in front of us.

“No,” I said quickly.

“Hey, guys.” Liam came running over, “Why are you acting so weird?”  He asked, raising his eyebrows, I saw a slight bit of anger in his eyes.

“It’s nothing alright?” I said, holding up my hands, “Let it go.” 

“Yeah, what he said. Now, what do you guys want?” Mason took a step forward.

“We need to go. Now.” Elijah seemed to gain his sense.

“What do you mean? Go? Where, and why?” I quickly asked.

“Now’s not the time for questions.” Liam answered, “We just need to move. They’re coming.” 

“Who’s coming? The eliminators?” I felt my legs aching to run.

“Far worse.” Elijah turned his head to look behind them.

A stick cracked and about twenty people came out. Armed with bows, knives, and grenades.

4