Chapter 9
25 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wake up twerp.” I heard Blitzes voice demand me. 

“Why?” I groaned, my back ached from the tough leather of the seat.

“We’re here. Now get up.” Blitz opened the door to the back seat.

“Fine grumpy,” I jumped out of the seat.

“Is he out of the car?” I heard Commander X’s voice.

“Yeah.” Blitz growled.

“Good.” Commander X stepped out of the car.

“Why does it matter?” I asked, feeling extremely curious.

“You don’t need to know that. Let’s go.” Commander X grabbed my elbow, “Hurry up.” 

“What’s the rush?” I grinned, “It’s not like the world will get destroyed if we don’t make it on time.” 

“You don’t know that.” Commander X answered seriously.

“Oh.” I closed my mouth.

“Thought so.”  Commander X sighed and started dragging me.

“There is no need to drag me.” I said firmly and dug my feet into the gravel.

“Then move on your own. Just hurry up already.” Commander X was clearly frustrated and I couldn’t blame him. I was being a pain. But it was nice to get Commander X so fussed up.

“Aww, is someone upset?” I did a tone that sounded like a sarcastic mother and laughed afterwards.

“We should have just taken Elijah.” One of the guards muttered.

“If you had, you might not be here right now.” I replied, even though I was sure he wasn’t asking me.

“Sure.” The guard rolled his eyes.

“And you won’t be if you don’t hurry up!” Commander X yelled in my ear.

One of the guards raised their gun, “Careful. Listen to the boss.” She said,

I was surprised because I had thought all of the guards were males.

“Thought I was a boy did ya?” She chuckled, “Guess again pretty boy.” 

“Woah, woah, woah. Sorry, didn’t know that offended you so much. People make mistakes, am I right? Like you guys by the looks of it make a ton. Like those tacky uniforms, they are so last season.” I chuckled and then felt a pain in my heart. I sounded a lot like Elijah. 

“Stun him.” I heard a whisper from Commander X and before I could react I was lying on the ground, unconscious.

3