Chapter 19
7 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up strapped in a chair. Ahead of me a old lady and a man talked. The old lady yelled something and the man stepped back, terrified. 

"Yes. I'm sorry ma'am." He did a quick bow and ran off.

The lady scowled then glanced my way. Her scowl instantly turned into a smile.

"Hello dear."

"Where am I?!" I tried to pull away from the chair but it wasn't doing anything, "What is happening?!"

"Calm down dear. I-"

"Don't tell me to calm down! What is happening?!" I didn't let her finish. 

"Let me finish-"

"NO! ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!" I yelled at the lady loudly.

The old lady shook her head, "I'm sorry. I can not do that."

"Why?!" Anger sweeled like a wound in me.

"It's not of your concern. Just relax and think about happy times." She smiled again.

"Happy times?! I can barely remember ANY happy times! Especially when I'm strapped to a chair!"

The lady gritted her teeth. She clapped her hands together. Her wrinkly skin became smooth, her crispy stringy white hair turned curly brown, her eyes a dull blue were now vibrant and the old times dress was replaced with a tight black dress that outlined her perfect figure. She now had heels on and her skin was pale. Her face was still littered with freckles. She smiled,

"My dear Thomas. I guess it's time I told you, isn't it? My name is agentt Wilterwin. I was sent here by D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S to hold you."

"Hold me?" I was stunned my her change of appearance and her choice of words.

"Yes. I'm sorry Thomas but you'll be staying with me from now on." She turned around towards an exit, "Don't worry. Life will be great! No world disasters, no bullies, perfect weather year round . . . Oh I can go on and on! But for now, you'll have to stay here until we've learned that you're ready." She nodded and left the room.

"Man. That lady is one crazy person." I sighed.

"She sure is." Elijah stepped out of the gloom and walked towards me.

"Elijah?! What are you doing here?!" Pure astonishment came from the sight of him.

"I got sent here." He waved his hand around, "How else would I have?"

"I thought you would be sent somewhere else." I admitted.

"Yeah well, I wasn't." He shrugged, "They know I'm here. They were going to send me away, apparently I'm not supposed to be here. Some glitch or somethin." He paused, "But . . ."

"But what?" 

"They promised me something I wanted if I just did what they said."

"What did they tell you to do?"

"They need you here Thomas." He sighed.

"What? Why?! What did they promise that's good enough for keeping me here?!"

"That I get to stay with you. Then you wouldn't be alone." He bit his lip, "Thomas . . . There's something I gotta tell you. I've been keeping it from you for a long time."

"What is it?" I wanted to kean forward but I was strapped to the chair too tightly.

"Thomas . . ." Elijah leaned forward until we were almost touching faces, "I . . ." He leaned forward and kissed me, "I like you."

2