Chapter 7
44 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The engine roared as it went into gear. I felt around the surrounding area to find a small corner that had a handle and I held onto it. The truck flew forward and I heard Elijah fly around, hitting walls. I clung tightly to the handle but my body still flew everywhere. Then everything suddenly stopped moving. I heard Elijah fall and my lower body fell. I  heard yelling and the front doors being opened then slammed shut. A man was talking then all of a sudden a sharp bang filled the air. It sounded strangely like a gun. The back doors of the truck opened, bringing in a sudden sharp light. Madeline stood there, gun held in hand.

“Let’s go. We don’t have much time.” 

“What’s going on?” I asked as I climbed out.

Madeline motioned towards a spot on the ground. It looked like a bullet had gone through it.

“Did you shoot someone?!” Elijah crawled out of the back of the truck.

“No, silly. I shot the spot next to them. As a warning.” Madeline put her gun back into its place, “I would never actually shoot someone.” Madeline sighed.

“Why?” I asked.

“I'm not allowed to. I’m a girl” Madeline shrugged, “It’s our company’s rules.”

“Psh. . . lame.” Elijah muttered.

“Rules are rules.” Madeline grabbed us and untied the ropes that were on us.

“Who said you had to follow them?” I asked as I rubbed my wrists.

“My boss.” Madeline tossed the rope behind her. 

“And that is. . . ?”  I stopped rubbing my wrists and looked up at her.

“Commander X.” Madeline answered.

“I thought Jorge was your boss.” I felt confused.

“He is. Commander X is Jorge’s boss, so he’s my boss. . . boss.” She counted off the number of bosses.

“Does Jorge let you though?” I felt anger boil up inside me at Jorge.

“Yeah. But not when Commander X is around.” Madeline sighed, “He doesn’t want to get in trouble.”

“Can’t blame him. Commander X can be scary if he wants to.” Elijah’s eyes widened.

“Can’t argue with that.”  I agreed.

“Why did you save us?” Elijah asked.

“Because. I just felt like I needed to. Also, Liam and Mason seemed heartbroken to be taken away from you guys.”  Madeline looked at me, “Especially you and Liam.”

My heart dropped when I heard it, “I mean I knew he was sad about it but I didn’t know he was heartbroken.”  I stood shocked.

“Yeah. . . and.” She motioned towards another truck, “They may have snuck into another truck. I got the people in the front seats. I just haven’t opened the back of that truck.” 

I instantly raced over and tugged open the back doors. Mason fell onto the ground beside me.

“Ouch.” He muttered.

Liam was also there, he hopped off and started laughing, “Idiot!” He pointed at Mason whipped away tears. 

“Hi, Liam,” I said.

Liam stopped laughing and looked at me, “Thomas?” He muttered.

I gulped expecting him to help Mason up and confess that he never liked me and always liked Mason.

“Hey.” I waved. I looked at Liam. His mouth was wide open and ran to me. He wrapped me in a hug.

“I thought we lost you.” I hugged him back as he spoke, “I missed you.” 

"Hey, I'm still here ya know." Mason raised his eyebrows.

“I missed you too.” I pulled away but kissed him.

"I'm here too ya know." Mason raised his eyebrows.

"Yes hello." I sighed but chuckled quietly.

"Where is Elijah?" Mason asked.

"Over there." I pointed to where Elijah was.

Mason grinned and ran to Elijah, they started talking like crazy.

"Guys. Hurry up. We need to go. NOW." Madeline suddenly spun around, "Let's go!" She hopped over towards the truck and opened the front door, "You guys get in the back, I'll drive." Madeline shut the front door as she got in.

"What's happening?!" Mason yelled out to her.

"They know!" Madeline started the truck.

"Who knows?! And what do they know?!" Mason begged for answers.

"Dude, come on. Let's just get in the truck. I bet she's talking about the eliminators. They must have trackers or something." I grabbed Mason's arm and dragged him over towards the back of the truck. Elijah and Liam close behind us.

"Thought you could get away did you?" Commander X stood in front of the truck, "I can't believe it. I can't trust girls." Commander X glanced towards Madeline, "Unfaithful." He muttered, "I'll just have to direct you myself." 

3