Chapter 8
34 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Who is meant for eachother?
  • Mason+Elijah Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Mason+Liam Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason+Thomas Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas+Elijah Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Thomas+Liam Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Liam+Elijah Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3

Guards surrounded us.

"What is the matter with you guys?!" Elijah shouted, "What do you want from us?! Why does it matter if 2 stinkin people escape your little group out of about 200?!" 

"Shut up." One of the guards next to Commander X raised his gun, "Don't make me shoot." 

"If you wanted us so badly you wouldn't dare shoot us!" Elijah shot back, clearly confident in the statement that he had made.

"Dude. Shut up already." I grabbed his wrist, "Do you want us all to get killed?" 

"They aren't gonna kill us." Elijah protested and pulled his wrist away.

"Maybe not. But ever thought about Mason or Liam?" 

Elijah stood silent. He glared at the guards and Commander X but didn't say another word.

"Good choice." Commander X folded his hands together, "Let's see if you can make another." 

"What do you mean another?" I asked, feeling wary.

"Come with us. Or we'll kill your friends." Commander X raised his hand and the guards on both sides of him raised their guns, one of them had it on Liam and the other had it on Mason.

"Okay okay. Slow down." I chuckled nervously and raised my hands, "I'll come. Don't make Elijah. He is useless." 

"Excuse me?" Elijah stared around, "Useless? I am not-" He began but I covered his mouth.

"Please." I protested.

"Fine. Grab him already." Commander X caved in.

"What?!" Liam grabbed me, "What are you doing?" He whispered in my ear.

"Saving everyone's butts," I answered cooly. 

"But not your own." Liam wouldn't let go.

"I can handle myself. I will get out of this alright?" I whispered back into his ear so that Commander X wouldn't hear me.

"But-" Liam began.

"Just-" I looked at Commander X, knowing what he would want, "Just shut up!" I pushed Liam away.

Liam's face dropped and Commander X grinned,

"Come along now. We don't have much time." Commander X finally lowered his hand and the guards stopped aiming.

"Thomas don't do this! Please!" Elijah begged but Mason held him back. It was the first time that I had ever seen Elijah not be snarky, "You don't have to!" Elijah tried as hard as he could to get away from Mason but he was holding on tightly.

"Yes, I do. You don't understand do you?" I sighed and headed towards Commander X.

I caught Mason's eye and winked. He smiled briefly and then went back to looking sad, but this time I knew he was acting.

Commander X grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards a small black van that I assumed was what they had pulled up in. He pushed me into the back seat and closed the door. He went into the front seat and one of the guards went into the passenger. The other back door opened and the 2nd guard hopped into the seat next to me. His gun ready.

"Why are you being so protective? I'm with you aren't I?" I  rolled my eyes.

"We're not so sure about that." The guard next to me answered.

"So you don't trust me?" I laughed slightly.

"No." The guard answered quietly, "How could we?" he muttered.

"Oh, I don't know because I came willingly, I just YELLED at my friends and I haven't tried to fight you," I answered his question that he probably wasn't actually asking.

"Yet." The guard glared, "Don't push it, boy. Be happy we haven't shot you."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for not shooting me. I'm so grateful!" I knew I was pushing the sarcasm but I didn't care.

"Stop being so sarcastic! Kids these days! Can't take anything seriously!" The guard groaned in frustration.

"Calm down Blitz. Try not to get too worked up before we get there." Commander X said calmly.

"Yes, Commander," Blitz muttered.

"Blitz?" I tried to hold in a laugh.

"Oh you little-" Blitz sighed and looked out the window.

I leaned back into the seat. Expecting a long drive, I closed my eyes.

3