I – [Pilot]
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up at 7:30 AM which will be the last time I ever sleep in this shitty place I call home. Or at least I used to call home, for over a year I was living in this dump and barely being able to pay rent.

I went to college for marketing but who knew that college teaches you nothing about actually having a job. The first company I worked for was a huge marketing firm right in the heart of Tokyo. It seemed like a sweet gig at first but I learned pretty fast that being forced to work overtime and getting little to no breaks would take a toll on me. So I did what any other person would do and told the company to screw themselves and quit. 

Ever since that day, I worked a bunch of part-time jobs to make ends meet because I wasn't able to get a real job. I worked at convenience stores, movie theaters, pools, libraries, restaurants, clerks, almost any job possible but it never worked.

Up until a few days ago when I met up with some old friends from college at a bar. One of them works in the show biz and felt pity for me and told me that he could hook me up with a job. 

According to the news, one of the biggest stars, Mitsuru Masuyo fired her manager and is pressing charges against him due to sexual assault or something along those lines. My friend though happens to be close buddies with the owner of the record company and said me being a pussy and a respectful young man that I fit the role perfectly as a manager. 

Even though I meet zero requirements to manage a star, let alone someone on Mitsuru's level of popularity, I told him sure I would do it. He said the benefits that come with the job such as food allowance and they pay for me to live near Mitsuru made me almost cry. Not the fact that I would get to live near her but I get to eat good food and live in a nice place, enough to make a grown man like me proud. Now, of course, my friend warned me that she is very high maintenance and tends to be very cold to people but I don't even care as long as I get a year out of this job I can save more than enough money.

And just like that within a day or two, I got a phone call saying they wanted to interview me and do a background check on me. The interview was pretty intense the CEO of the company was the one interviewing, which makes sense because Mitsuru is high-profile. My friend was there which helped and finally, Mitsuru was there. She didn't say a word during the interview but I guess she had the final say whether or not a manager for her would be hired.

Overall though with the whole interview part, went better than I thought. After it was done the CEO looked over at Mitsuru for the final approval only responded with, "Whatever sure" which is a major win to me. 

After that, I was put in a new room and they worked up the contract to say was fucking amazing. To summarize the contract it was, we will pay for everything and all you got to do is make sure she doesn't die. So I signed the contract and then they told me I start tomorrow which is today because they have to get my new place ready apparently.

So with all that I walk out the front door and give the apartment a big ol middle finger as I skip over to a nice sedan waiting for me.

"Mr. Rye are you ready." The driver asked me.

"Ready then I will ever be," I say happily getting into the back seat of the sedan.

"That is good to hear. I will now take you over to Ms. Masuyo's estate to which your daily weekly orders will be given." The buff driver told me with a soft smile.

"Sounds good to me." I say as I recline the seats a bit and look out the window. I think my life is about to get a whole lot better or worse but you never know.

Wow this is interesting. Hope you guys will like this series, it should be quite wholesome. Future chapters should be longer hopefully so this will be a small taste of what's to come? Maybe idk and also the sky is blue btw

 

 

4