Chapter 8
503 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It takes three rockets to kill that alpha-type Grimm each. I don't know how the mercenary in the Team Fortress 2 game survives the soldier blast as one single rocket alone is strong enough to take a good chunk of the Grimm alpha.

After killing the two Alpha Grimm, my sentry gun finishes the rest of the Grimm with ease. It looks like killing the Alpha has an effect on the Grimm coming at me. I guess I can see why they are called an Alpha. They are the leader of the group, and when an Alpha dies, the rest will lose their morale.

While the Grimm did not stop attacking my base, they were not as enthusiastic as before. It was like… Their buff stats are over when the Alpha is dead.

After ten more minutes of fighting and more than half of my sentry running out of ammo, the Grimm wave is over.

Seeing no more Grimm is coming at me, I sit on the floor and release a relief sigh. While there is not much Grimm coming at me, there are still a few dozen Grimm walking through past the barrier around my base.

My back still hurts from the Boarbatusk charges when I'm dealing with three Beowolf in front of me. Those tusks are really tough and, combined with Boarbatusk charging speed; they can break a normal human spine with ease.

The Nevermore is also really annoying. That damned bird keeps firing its feathers toward me and makes the barrier break, letting the other Grimm get past the shield module. I'm really glad I made more than ten sentry before doing this experiment.

I need a few thousand bullets to defeat all those Grimm. I think it was more or less a hundred Grimm coming at me. I'm really lucky that the only powerful Grimm coming at me is Nevermore and Alpha Grimm.

"I will do some more tinkering. I just got some idea how to make this sentry even more powerful."

I can coat the bullet with dust to create an elemental effect like fire and ice. It did not have the same explosive power as your regular dust bullet. It did not really need it. My regular bullet will handle the punch while the dust enchants it.

My power is already telling me a few ways to improve the sentry using dust. Lighting dust can enchant the piercing effect, and using fire dust can enchant its explosive power. It did not need many of them. I only need a good pinch of dust to enchant a dozen or so bullets.

Oh! My power also supplies me with a new blueprint combining both my stasis rifle and medi gun. With my stasis rifle, I can freeze up my patient using the effect of my stasis rifle and then heal them using the effect of my medi gun.

Oh! There are also a few other new blueprints my power gives to me. This blueprint is the combination of two tech trees. It looks like I need a compatible tech tree to be able to combine them.

My first tech tree and team fortress 2 tech tree are compatible with each other. I can forcefully combine both tech trees, but the result will not be as effective as the one that is compatible with each other.

I shake my head and quickly put all of my sentry into the bag of holding. I need to go back home and test this new finding.

|3rd POV|

The drone that flies above Angelo broadcasts what he is doing right now, and Levi is currently gaping at Angelo. The same with the people that watch the stream. The stream that only a few hundred people watch now more than a hundred thousand people are watching the stream.

They still cannot comprehend that a single man can beat a Grimm wave. There are indeed only two Alpha-type Grimm and one Nevermore, but there are still more than a hundred Grimm.

"What the hell?!? What kind of engineer is that?!? Is he from Atlas? He must be from Atlas, right? That kind of machine can only be found in Altas. Is this some kind of Atlas Academy test project?"

Levi asks his audience who give their opinion one by one. Among those audiences is the Winter Schnee, who reports her finding to her superior, General Ironwood.

"This is the reason why I ask you about testing our project, sir."

"I see. I can see why you decided to ask me about this. Pocket sentry gun and a rifle that let him freeze two Alpha Grimm at once. That is a technology that should be coming from our research and development team."

"So… Is he from our research and development team?"

"No. He is not. I spent enough time in the R&D lab to know that he is not a member of the R&D team."

"So, he is only a man that tests his gun against a Grimm?"

"Yes, and I want him in our team. Specialist Winter."

"Yes!"

"I want you to gather all the information we have about this man. I also need you to call the Ace-Ops to my office. I want them to track this man and give him my invitation."

"Yes, sir!"

James looks at the screen in front of him for a second before he takes a paper to write something. He knows that Ozpin will know about this man's existence and wants to recruit him to his academy.

While he respects the old Headmaster, he will not let him have this bright man working under Ozpin. James thought that Angelo needed to be around his fellow genius to shine even brighter.

And true to James' prediction, Ozpin, in fact, already knows about Angelo's existence. He is a subscriber to the Nature with Levi channel as he enjoys the peaceful way Levi explains to his viewer about all flora and fauna around the world.

Imagine to his surprise that instead of looking at the beautiful scenery, he was greeted by a man fighting more than a hundred Grimm alone with only his turret.

Ozpin can see that Angelo is not a fighter. He knows that Angelo is more of an inventor that picks how to fight along the way. Ozpin can see that Angelo knows how to swing his sword correctly but still leaves many openings.

The only reason that Ozpin gives Angelo a passing mark is because of the enchanted reflex he gets from being a Witcher.

While James Ironwood is interested in the tech Angelo uses, Ozpin is more interested in his sign. Ozpin has a feeling that the sign Angelo uses is not an ordinary semblance or if it was semblance at all.

"Hmmm… Semblance, or is it something more?"

He did not know why but his gut feeling told him that it was something more than just a semblance, and he knew that not to dismiss his instinct.

"With his tech alone, he is a valuable individual, and I cannot let him fall into HER hand."

Ozpin takes a sip of his hot cocoa before muttering.

"I wonder if he wants to teach in Beacon. His engineering skill is really needed here."

6