Chapter 12
457 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I picked up the remnants of my turrets and put them inside my bag. Out of fourteen turrets, only five of them remain standing. Lucky for me, most of the ammo inside the turret is not destroyed and can be used for another Turret.

"How is it?"

I look at Jasper and say.

"Only the last five are still working. Nine of them are dead, and I need to rebuild them."

"I'm sorry. If you need something to rebuild your equipment, please tell me."

"Well, do you know someone willing to buy an unrefined dust crystal?"

"Oh? How much did you get? And where? If you don't mind me asking."

"I have fifty kilos of dust crystals. Fire and Lightning. I get those from a cave a few hours walking to the west from Shion. I found a small dust deposit."

"Really? A dust deposit this close? Huh. Anyway, we are willing to buy the dust crystal from you. We have a small dust refining machine in the warehouse."

"You guys have a dust refining machine?"

"Yup. Because of our village location, the councilman of Mistral decided to give our village a dust refining machine."

"This village location?"

"Yup. There is a dust deposit in the mountain to the north, but it was already depleted last year. Because of how much dust needs to be refined, the people from Mistral Trading Company ask the councilman to give us some refining machines to help them get more profit."

"Huh. Can I scan the machine?"

"You want your own dust refining machine?"

"Yup."

"So you didn't want to sell your dust?"

"I still want to sell those. I need material needed to build the machine after all, and material needs a lien."

"Fair enough."

After that, both of us continue to look at the village and calculate the damage dealt by the Grimm. The village is not too damaged, but it will take some time to fix all of them. Lucky for the people of Higanbana, there are only five people who died from the Grimm.

Because of my quick action healing all the people, many people survive to see another day.

"Why did the village not have a wall around it?"

"We want to, but the amount of money to make those walls is huge, and the Mistral government did not want to waste their resources for a little village like this. Not only that, this place is relatively safe. Before you ask, no, this Grimm attack is happening because the Mistral government canceled their annual Grimm extermination and let the Grimm gather their number."

"I see. Speaking of the government, when will they arrive? I heard from the people in the church that they already called an emergency number."

"I think they will arrive tomorrow. Ten in the morning the quickest or three in the afternoon the latest."

"Hmmm"

Should I get out of here before they arrive? I still have time to gather material and buy some food.

~A moment later~

"Please try this! This is my specialty."

Before I could reject it, the middle-aged woman put the food inside my mouth. Hmmm. This chicken is delicious.

"How was it?"

"It is delicious."

The middle-aged woman, Holly, smiles at me and begins to bag some chicken karaage. Holly decided to let me stay inside her house for the rest of my stay. She is the lady I saved by using my potion, and she wants to express her gratitude.

I cannot decline her offer of staying at least one night inside her house.

Holly owns the inn in this village, and she is also the chef, and scarlet is the waitress, surprisingly enough.

"Anyway, what do you want to do, Angelo? I hope you will stay here for three or four days, but I know by your look that you want to continue your journey."

I chuckle a little and say.

"For now, I want some rest, Mrs. Holly..."

"Just Holly is fine, dear. You saved my life and my beloved employee."

"I want to rest, for now, Holly. After that, I will continue my journey to the Kingdom of Vale."

"Oh? Do you want to join beacon? I hear the acceptance test will start in five months. There are still a few weeks before the registration period is over."

"Really? Huh."

That means I still have five months before the canon starts.

"As for joining Beacon academy, no. I did not have any intention of joining the academy. I want to start anew in Vale. While Mistral did not really hate Faunus, the higher workplace did not accept Faunus. We usually get low-end work, and I don't really want that."

Holly released a sad sigh and nodded her head.

"Yes. Racism in Mistral is not as high as Atlas, but it is high enough that many workplaces will not hire you. I guess I cannot fault you for going to Vale. They are the only kingdom that is willing to hire Faunus in high-end work. The only Faunus who have a high ranking in Mistral is Heaven Academy Headmaster, Leonardo."

If racism has a ranking, Atlas will be the first place as the most racist kingdom on Remnant, followed by Mistral, Vale, and Vacuo. The only reason Vacuo is on the bottom is that those people did not really care. As long as you stay alive in Vacuo, you are a great person.

"You still stay here for the night, right?"

"Of course, Holly. I already said my promise and I did not break it easily."

"Good because I will have a party tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

|Three days later|

"Can you tell the name of the person helping you guys?

"No. How many times do you need to ask me that? He is the one that helps us when the Grimm comes, and we will not betray his trust in keeping his name. Unlike you who stay in your academy drinking tea."

"We are busy dealing with Grimm around the Haven Academy."

"Yeah, right."

Holly looks at Leonardo before rolling her eyes. Leonardo looks genuine while saying that, but she has a feeling that he is lying. Her feeling is truly terrifying as she is right. Leonardo did not send any hunter to Higanbana because he is working with Salem's group.

He wants to weaken the hunter force of the Mistral Kingdom by ignoring all emergency calls. Salem also kept sending Grimm toward Haven academy for Leonardo's alibi for not sending any hunter to any village attacked by Grimm.

The main reason why Leonardo came to this village instead of the Mistral military is that he got the report saying that Angelo was helping this village. He wants to gather information about Angelo and his technology before reporting it to Salem.

He already talks to all the people in Higanbana, and not a single one of them is willing to say the name of his target. They were willing to give a general Angelo appearance, but they did not want to talk about anything specific.

They only say what he already knows, and it makes him angry and afraid. Angry because the people of Higanbana dare to disrespect him, the headmaster of Haven Academy and afraid that Salem will punish him for failing his mission.

"Is that all? If you did not have anything to say, please get out. I need to cook some food."

"... Are you sure you don't want to tell me the identity of this person? I will even reward you."

"You disgust me. Get out."

Leonardo releases a sigh before walking out of the inn and taking out his scroll. He needs to tell his 'ally' about this development. He can call Salem later, but for now, he needs to tell Ozpin first. He still needs to make sure that he is still in Ozpin's group.

"Ozpin."

"Leonardo, my friend."

Leo flinches at Ozpin's tone. He feels guilty for what he did, especially when Ozpin really thinks of him as a friend.

"What can I do for you?"

"Our mysterious man arrived in Higanbana. The leaked CCTV video about the fight is true. He is here and uses his tech to help the people of Higanbana."

"Oh? Interesting. Do you know the identity of this man?"

"Sadly no. The villager protects his identity zealously. They did not really like me at the moment because my hunter and I arrived too late even when I say that the Grimm around Heaven is getting even more aggressive."

Ozpin looks at Leo with pity before saying.

"Don't worry about it, Leo. I already sent Qrow to snoop around Mistral and maybe help you with your Grimm situation."

Leo's body tenses up at the mention of Qrow. While he is drunk most of the time, he is one of the most powerful hunters in the world, and Leo does not want him to snoop around Haven Academy. However, he cannot reject Ozpin's offer either.

"I see. Thank you, Ozpin. Qrow presence will help a lot."

"Think nothing of it."

With that being said, Leonardo his scroll inside his pocket and walk toward his bullhead. He needed to tell this development to Salem.

9