Chapter 15
505 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Qrow looked at the submarine in awe. He is not as weapon nuts as his niece, but he still can appreciate technology. The submarine is a marvel that he has never seen in his entire life. He has been inside a submarine before alongside a soldier from Atlas, but he never sees anything this advanced.

The last submarine he got into was bland and did not have much of anything inside. He never got inside a massive submarine before.

"This is a big submarine. How in the world do you get to make this kind of vehicle?"

"When you have material, tools, and time, you can make anything."

"That's not how it works-"

Before Qrow could finish his sentence, a mechanical woman's voice decided to interrupt him.

"Alert! A large movement at thirty-seven, sir!"

"What?!?"

Angelo quickly ran to the bridge, where he quickly yelled.

"Elizabeth, where do those movements come from?"

"At thirty-seven, sir."

"The distance."

"Five hundred meters and moving close fast."

"Send a scouting drone! When the drone arrives, broadcast it to the main monitor."

"Understood. Deploying drone S-118."

Qrow follows Angelo to the bridge while the civilians look at them in worry. When Qrow arrives, a hologram appears in front of Angelo, and he widens his eyes when he sees the video feed.

"Grimm. How?!? Already check the area before we go. There should be no Grimm within five kilometers around us."

Qrow grit his teeth when he hears Angelo's yell of frustration. Not for the first time, Qrow cursed at his own luck.

'Fucking semblance'

While Qrow curses his own luck, Angelo thinks quickly.

"Elizabeth set all defensive weapons to the maximum. Active the shield and set the speed at maximum."

"I don't think we have enough energy, sir."

"We do. We have some extra energy from our water turbine machine."

"Understood."

After saying that, Angelo quickly walked toward the engine room.

"Angelo, what can I do?"

Angelo look at Qrow for a second before saying,

"you will help me in the engine room. There is something heavy that you need to carry. We only have a few minutes before the Grimm arrive."

"Understood."

While walking to the engine room, Angelo suddenly remembers Qrow's semblance. It looks like the culprit is standing next to him. However, he did not have time to beat himself for his blunder. He needs to get to safety first.

"Take those boxes on the corner."

Angelo orders Qrow to take the energy storage sitting on the corner when they arrive.

"Here, you do this. Plug this thing in here. Make sure you lock the safety like this. Understand?"

"Yes. Simple enough."

"Good. Plug all three devices. Leave the fourth one alone. It is still charging. I will handle the one in the other room."

It takes them a minute to plug all the energy storage into the power cell so the engine can stay alive. After plugging all the machines, Angelo quickly ran toward the bridge once more with Qrow behind him.

He then takes the phone next to him before speaking on it.

"Attention, passenger. A group of Grimm currently chases us. I will now turn on the emergency light instead of the current light to save some energy."

The passenger can hear Angelo's voice throughout the submarine, and the people inside try their best not to release a wave upon wave of negative emotion.

After saying that, he looked at Qrow before saying.

"Qrow, do you see that small hatch over there?"

"Yes."

"That is the place where a manual gun turret is located. Control Not only an ordinary gun turret but also control the torpedo pod. I want you to be our manual eye and gunman."

"Wait! I don't know how to operate it."

"Don't worry, Elizabeth will help you. Now, go!"

Qrow nods his head and quickly runs toward the gun station. Angelo then looks at the monitor above him and says.

"Elizabeth, how long until the Grimm catches on us?"

"The smaller one will arrive in five minutes, sir."

"I see. Prepare the automatic turret and shoot any Grimm that gets near."

"Yes, sir"

"Have you taught Qrow how to use the gun?"

"Yes, sir. Currently, he is watching our tail."

"Very well."

Angelo nods his head and continues to drive the submarine. After three minutes, he can hear Qrow's voice coming from the comm.

"Angelo, I get my eyes on fifty or so Grimm coming from the south."

"Shoot them when they are within range. Don't waste any ammo."

"Leave the fight to me, kid."

A minute later, Qrow can see the first wave of Grimm coming at the submarine. It was a Grimm with the shape of a snake. However, unlike a snake, its head has two pairs of massive pincers. This Grimm is called the Sea Reapers. Sea Reaper is divided into two: Minor and Major.

The Minor Sea Reaper is a smaller one. They didn't have as much armor as their Major counterpart but what makes them dangerous is that they are the fastest Grimm in the sea. Not only that, but their pincer is also a dangerous weapon. It can cut humans into two.

The Major Sea Reaper is the bigger version of this Grimm. They have thick armor around their bodies to block any attack coming at them. They switch their movement speed with armor. However, even with that thick and heavy armor, they can still swim very fast.

"Qrow, do you see the incoming Sea Reaper?"

"Yes. I'm ready to shoot them."

"Good. You can shoot them… now!"

Qrow fires his machine gun at the incoming Sea Reaper at his command. It takes two bullets to kill the Grimm, and Qrow kills twenty minutes every minute. However, it was not enough. What Qrow said about the number of the Grimm is not true.

There are at least two hundred water-based Grimm coming at them. Not only that, the new wave of Negative Energy attracts another group of Grimm coming from the west.

"Sir, another group of Grimm, coming from two-five-five."

"Dammit. What kind of Grimm?"

"Sea reaper, but there is a fifty meter long Sea Feilong leading them."

"Dammit!"

"Sir! The Sea Feilong starts to gather energy around its mouth!"

"Shit!"

Without wasting any more time, Angelo runs toward the midsection of the Cyclops and walks toward the west side hull.

"Excuse me, but can you move for a moment? Go to the other side."

The people look at him in confusion but obey him nonetheless. Qrow looks at Angelo can say.

"Angelo, what is happening?"

"Another group of Grimm and Sea Feilong leading them. That bastard wants to shoot us with an electric blast."

"Shit"

"Yeah. I need to make some preparations before the hit."

Angelo takes out eleven portable shield modules and places them on the ground before activating them to maximum power. A second later, another shielding layer appeared on the half part of Elizabeth.

After placing all the shield modules, Angelo put his hand on the right hull and used his sign to create another barrier above the second shield. He finished the shield just in time as he could hear Elizabeth's voice through the comm.

"Brace for impact!"

9