A Little Girl? No… a Changeling!
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Humans can be found in just about everywhere there is sentient life.

 

Some people theorize that humans are a species in which given enough time, life will always evolve into them. Others believe that ancient human civilizations went around every corner of the universe and created or modified all living beings in order to evolve into humans. Of course, there are also people who think that God or whatever deity they believe in just created life this way.

 

Personally, I think it’s just some lazy deity or creation god who didn't want to work so tirelessly on making unique sentient species and just copy-pasted a baseline model for everything. I’m not a religious person, but considering my experience with such beings, it’s only natural that I would come to such a conclusion. Deities suck!

 

Of course, there are other sentient species, such as demons, changelings, beastmen, and the list goes on. However, at the end of the day, all of these species are just humanoids. SImply a deviation from the baseline model, humans.

 

To conclude my spiel; humans are everywhere. Anyways, where were we? Ah yes, we had just been taken into custody of the Imperial Army.

 

After some pointlessly long questioning, I was finally let free as I convinced them that I was simply a citizen being “held hostage” by these rebels. As the soldiers clearly just wanted to get the questioning over with and head home to their families, it was quite easy to trick them with a false backstory like this. And hey, it’s not entirely false. I definitely wanted nothing to do with these rebels.

 

Oh, I almost forgot. Another reason I was in such a hurry to leave was because I had to steal one of their spoils of war. The rebels had a bunch of unmarked spaceships that couldn't be tracked directly by the Imperial Database. I had to steal one before they marked them and sold them off in some auction or used them to bolster their forces.

 

Why not stay in this safe imperial base and live as a commoner? If I did that, I would be a sitting duck! There’s no doubt that the Emperor knows I am currently on his territory. I had to grab a spaceship and escape ASAP!

 

Which brings us to our first meaningful encounter. Right after I used my top level admin bullshit code to get into the hangar- wait I feel like I glossed over something pretty important. Well don’t worry about that, we can talk about it at a later date. Anyways, right after I got into the hangar and got hold of one of the starships, I felt a tug at my waist. A little girl? No, a-

 

“What does a changeling want with me, and why did you follow me here? If you’re trying to tell me off for stealing, you’d have better luck asking one of the soldiers stationed near here.”

 

“... How did you know?” The little-girl-looking changeling responded. Well, of course ‘it’ would be surprised, but I have a long history with people like ‘it’, you know?

 

“I randomly guessed?”

 

“Bull.”

 

“Intuition?”

 

“... Even other changelings would struggle seeing through me. How could a meer human… Unless you’re also a changeling? But I can’t see through you, there shouldn’t be a changeling alive that can fool my eyes...:” 

 

Oh dear, this changeling seems to have misunderstood something. It’s probably some changeling royalty or something of the like, or else ‘it’ wouldn’t have come to such a conclusion after being so confident in its abilities. Well, I let ‘it’ come to its own conclusions; it’s not my job to correct everyone’s misconceptions.

 

“You never answered my original question. Why are you following me?” I probed.

 

“You looked interesting. I follow interesting people in order to become a more interesting person myself.” ‘It’ answered, pausing before ‘it’ continued. “I spotted you at the rebel base, protecting the children. I was currently in the form of an imperial soldier at that time, but I changed to this form as I thought you had a soft spot for children or something.”

 

“Nothing of the sort, it’s just that acting as if I did was the best way to make it out in one piece given the circumstances.”

 

“So you aren’t an ‘innocent captive of the rebel forces’ as you claimed? Just a coward?”

 

“Yeah, sure. I am with no doubt the most cowardly person in existence. Now stop stalking me and let me steal this starship.”

 

“Oh, speaking of that, how’d you even get in here? How did you get a code to such a tightly guarded facility?”

 

“I randomly guessed?”

 

“This development again?”

 

“Intuition?”

 

“Well, it doesn't matter. I’m sure I’ll find out after following you and learning more about you.”

Woah, who said I was okay with that? I don’t like creepy stalkers following me, who does?

 

“Go find someone else to bother. I’m busy.” Geez, my mouth is as busy as the rest of my body moving crates of provisions into the hull of the starship I was in the middle of stealing.

 

As I said this, ‘it’ began picking up crates as well with strength unbefitting a little girl. Well, ‘it’ wasn’t one after all.

 

“Then I’ll help you escape, and in return, you’ll let me tag along.’

 

I felt like I should argue more, but realize it’s pointless. People of this type will never budge. Also, I can use ‘it’ for something I might have to do at a later date.

 

And so, my journey with a changeling began.

0