CH1 – God Wars
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"ROUND ONE!" I heard the system announce through the mega-loudspeakers at the top of the arena. This was the first battle of the God Wars, the mega-competition that marked the 10-year anniversary of House of Gods. 

The stakes were high, because the grand prize would be 10 billion dollars! In cold hard cash! For every battle you won, you would get some money as well.

Just by thinking about the prize money got me thinking. What would I do if I had that? Never mind 10 billion- just winning the first battle alone would make me a few million dollars richer.

A saw a teleporting screen flash above my head. I tapped accept, then rubbed my lucky stone in my pocket. It was not a simple stone though. From head to toe I was armored and clothed in the best equipment money could buy. The stone alone was worth a few million- in real money. It was the 11th Divine Stone Fragment, which gave me additional lifesteal.

My vision brightened to true white, and I was teleported into the battle area. A flashing rainbow counter appeared. 

I checked my stats, not for a real reason, just out of habit and to reassure myself.

=======================

Name: Prismatic

Class: Cyclone Thief +

Primary Attribute: AGI 

Gear Score: 40289

Skills: (23) +

Titles: (72) +

Attributes: +

=======================

I dismissed the stat window without bothering to expand on the skills and titles, which was a wall of text, and looked at my opponent.

Rather, opponents.

I looked around the arena, which was probably a football field long— I pushed down my rage at the memory of my ex, who played football— and there was a 50 player party across from me.

"Ohhh shitt.." I thought as the rainbow countdown hit zero. Didnt plan for this. At all.

A frost-blue arrow flew towards me from one of the archers in the group.

"[Stealth!] [Propel!] [Fly!]" I used three of my abilities, Propel and Fly coming from my Rocket Boots and Black Dragon's Cloak. 

I glided over the enemy team, before landing behind a group of their healers and wizards.

"[Dragon's Wrath!]" I used one of my aoe skills to take out a few healers and a couple wizards. I finished the rest of them off before the rest of the party caught wind of my actions.

"What a fucking whore....." One of the wizards swore at me. I rolled my eyes and blocked him. I would have followed that with a retort if my own, but I heard a skill being activated from the main part of the party.

"[Asama's Arrow!]" One of the archers yelled. A pale green arrow flew towards me, and I leapt out of the way. I disappeared into stealth, and snuck towards the tank in front.

"[Immobolize!] [Freeze!] [Garotte!] [Tear!]" The tank dropped to the ground, his health reduced to nothing. I quickly used a mana elixir to refill my reserves.

As I continued to the warrior behind him, I noticed a weird whistling sound like Asama's Arrow. I dismissed it though, because the archer- Daybreak was the only one who had it, and the cooldown was really long.

Using the same set of moves on the warrior as I did the tank, he dropped tp the ground as well. He started cursing at me again, but I simply blocked him, not wanting to listen to his bullshit.

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in the small of my back. The whistling stopped. I looked around and I saw no one, but then I realized. Asama's Arrow must have homing.

Paralyzed and weakened by the legendary magical arrow, I dropped to my knees unwillingly. The rest of the 50 man party- now about 40, thanks to me, surrounded me. 

I could hear remarks from the men in the party- all having to do with me being on my knees- and scattered laughter. 

I gap emerged in their ranks, as the archer who shot me approached.

"Leave her alone." He was saying as the people made a path for him. 

Recognizing defeat, I didn't stand up even though the paralysis effect from his arrow had ended.

Towering over me, he gave me a blatant once over before lifting my chin with his finger.

I was forced to look into his eyes when he asked for my last words.

Even though I was known as The Wordsmith by many, at this moment no words could come to mind. He looked at the party with a evil grin.

"Some things you can't do alone." He drew his bow and strung an arrow. "Until next time."

My screen went dark.

==========================================================

Thanks so much for reading! If you like this new style of writing pleease tell me in the comments that would mean a lot-

cyaaaa

0