Chapter 17. History Repeats Itself?
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the principality of Paso Caol.

Inside the fortress that showed the marks of combat on its walls, one of King Moal's Generals appeared to interrupt the interaction between Prince Dorba and Leiza's group. Fyrod was an old acquaintance who was leading the invading troops that were sent to finish off the Prince. He went alone into the fort because he anticipated that he could find him there.

-I know you very well, Dorba, you are always thinking how to deceive the enemy. The changes of construction on this mount caught my attention immediately. I see you have visitors... is there any relationship between you and the girl who possesses the blue Goan?

-That's none of your business, traitor! Don't interfere in matters that do not concern you... But I'm glad you came here, I'll finally be able to avenge what you did to Rioya.

-We'll fight all you want, Dorba. However, I'm going to need to bring that girl with me. Her power is indispensable for the future. If we start fighting, they'll escape and none of us will get her. Just leave her badly wounded right now and then we can battle over our differences as well as for the blue Goan.

-You're not going to lay a finger on them, I'll be the one who ends your life right here.

Seip and the others adopted a defensive stance once they heard Fyrod's statement. Dorba moved closer to the General, interposing himself between the five of them and him. 

-Are you serious, Dorba? You are protecting them? -Fyrod questioned- You amaze me. I won't waste any more time, just answer me if your desire is to defend them. I'm willing to do anything, the course of this fight depends on your answer. 

Dorba did not respond to him, instead he addressed some energetic words to those he had attacked with vehemence minutes before.

-Get out of here through the back of the mountain! Avoid making contact with Moal's army.

Dorba generated a sharp Goan spike on his right arm, created wings behind his shoulders and some kind of sting on his lower back. He saw the five prisoners start to run and stopped them with one last shout.

-Gaena! -He threw the flask from his right hand towards Zaz-. The relic exists.

Zaz caught the potion and led the others to the part of the mountain where it was easier to descend.  

-Are you going to pass up the opportunity to have that girl's power for yourself? -Fyrod asked.

-Shut up! I don't want to hear your voice again. It will be an honor to bury you now that I don't care upsetting your King anymore.

-Alright, it's decided. Be sure that I have been looking forward to this day more than anyone else. -The General commented as he unveiled a smile on his face- Today the masks will finally drop.

The five team members left the fort and used the slope of the mount to advance faster. They heard a huge uproar that showed that the combat between Moal and Dorba's troops had already begun. Suddenly, countless green flares began appearing in the sky, illuminating the air in that color. Seip was disconcerted, he believed that this could not be happening there. He separated from the group momentarily to look at the battlefield from the limited angle he had, there he noticed something strange. It didn't seem to be two armies, a third group was also making its appearance. 

-Who sent the signal? -Seip wondered intrigued.

He went back to the group and told them that they should get out of that place as soon as possible. A very important event was about to occur, one that had only one precedent in history. Seip thought aloud to himself.

-Did someone set a trap for both sides?... Do they expect Fyrod and Dorba to kill each other?.... But if so, why not wait until those forces are weakened to make an appearance? Who is this third party in contention?

The way down the mountain came to an end and a group of King Moal's soldiers were waiting for them. As they were about to attack them, several fighters wearing worn out clothes came through the air, jumping from their griffins to defend them. One of the men reached out to guide them across the field.

-This way, Mr. Seip. We have orders to protect you at all costs. 

-Who are you?

-You can see that the signal in the sky was launched, that answers your question, sir. It was determined that, if Moal or Dorba were to kidnap that girl, the world would be in big trouble.

-Who decided to fire the green signal?

-There will be time to answer everything, the priority now is to help you get out of here safely.

The man was unable to fulfill his mission after being decapitated by a violent kick coated in Goan. The murderous leg belonged to General Dannak, who was in a hurry to catch Leiza. It looked like another stormy fight awaited the girl and her four companions, as the General relentlessly lunged at Luespo the cat looking to kill him, she was not allowing the group to escape from her again. Dannak's kick did not reach its target because it was stopped by another leg covered by Goan, a new person appeared on the field to protect them, a woman with long hair and long green earrings in her ears; the legendary warrior of the Great Revolution, Mirzaza.

-Did you really want to harm such a cute animal? Why don't you try to use your languid kicks against me?

Dannak instantly recognized the historical figure standing in front of her. Mirzaza had long been Moal's ally, but she was now inexplicably defying the King's troops. More and more soldiers kept arriving behind to back her up and create a security ring around the five fugitives. It was clear that the third army appeared in that event to protect Leiza. Mirzaza said a few last words to Seip before asking them to leave the area.

-The rebellion is restructuring, Seip. Follow my men, they will take you to the new base. There they will explain everything to you. Leave the rest to us.

A fierce combat between Dannak and Mirzaza began. The kicks of both had remarkable speed and power, making attacks so dangerous that none of Dorba's troops came near, preferring to let the best fighters of the rival forces nullify each other. Something similar was happening in the mount, where no one dared to enter the fort after hearing the thunderous noises that emerged from the place where Dorba and Fyrod were having their personal duel. The clashes between them became so powerful that the mount began to break into pieces. 

On the ground, Moal's elite troops were attacking Leiza's circle of protection.  Mirzaza's forces realized that it would be difficult to confront them, so they called up the second battalion for reinforcements. They sounded the trumpets to inform the team waiting hidden among the trees at the exterior of Paso Caol. From that section of the forest, several stone giants arose after having been hiding in the ground, along with the group of Seip's patrollers that were buried after the fight with Fyrod. They were all safe, bruised and scarred, but they managed to get out alive and were excited to once again be able to help their leader.  The chaos escalated massively, there was great confusion on the battlefield with so many troops on all sides. It turned into a triple-front battle where it became difficult to distinguish whom to attack. It was a little easier for the army commanded by Mirzaza, as the instruction given to them was to attack anyone who tried to harm Leiza, so soon the ring expanded and in the course of such a brawl, some stone giants were able to smash a couple of Moal's elite soldiers, avenging past grievances.

The unexpected third army on the field wanted to secure the escape, so they ordered that a new battalion, originary from the desert, went into action. The fire scorpion trainers arrived from the opposite flank to reinforce the escape route. Those gigantic flaming creatures clashed with Dorba's troops and pushed them back to create a safe path for Leiza to leave. Every effort was being made to achieve the goal of protecting the blue Goan. As they walked through that passage, Seip tried to inform Leiza of the importance of what was happening there. 

-The world has changed irreversibly and you are the cause, Leiza. You were the catalyst that generated what many people had tried before, but could never achieve due to a lack of consensus in building a united front. This is no longer a hunt for us, from now on we will have to stop running. This is a war and it will only end until one side has been left powerless. Several years ago, when all those involved in the Great Revolution agreed to join the fight, green flares were launched into the air. That signal is not a game, once it is fired there is no turning back. This is the beginning of a new Revolution!

The rescue operation of Leiza and the others in Paso Caol was a success. They were taken to the rebel army base where they discovered the large and diverse groups that conformed it. Moal had generated many enemies through the years, and now they were all united because they considered that, if he managed to steal the power of blue Goan, there would be no tomorrow for anyone. In the evening, Mirzaza and his men arrived, who successfully made their way out of Paso Caol. Seip did not miss the opportunity to chat with his former colleague.

-Thank you so much for helping us. We both know how important Leiza is to the world today.

-That's right. Your patrolmen told me you began training the girl. I need us to intensify that work. She will be instructed by each and every one of the best warriors in this group. That woman can be our worst weakness or our most dangerous weapon if we can develop her.

-Count on it. So we will be fighting allies once again. You were brave in daring to lead this group, Mirzaza.

-I don't remember saying that I was leading the rebellion. I am only fulfilling a promise I swore a few years ago.

To overthrow Moal, a very large sum of power was going to be necessary. People from all over the world were part of the rebellion, yet even they did not know the magnitude of their true power as a group. However, in addition to Leiza, they had a dangerous weapon not yet contemplated. Hidden in Zaz's clothes was the relic that Prince Dorba had thrown at her. A very interesting war was on the horizon.

 

END OF THE FIRST ACT.

0