Chapter Twenty – Pixies and Repercussions
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Seth and Twig decides to leave Voice's farm and prepare for their big journey towards... Well, they have no idea actually. What else is there to expect from a vague quest like "save the princesses from the dragons"? Here is a little Dragon 101 for you before you read on about Seth's adventure throughout the World of... What? Dragons fly, are a little bit grumpy from time to time, and love shiny things. Class dismissed.

Seth: This is such a beautiful place, Voice. I wish we could stay longer.
Voice: What is keeping you from staying then?
Twig: You're getting more obnoxious with the hour and we do not want to overstay our welcome.
Voice: Yes. I hear that often.
Seth: Come on Twig, let us be nice to Voice as long as we are here.
Twig: So we'll save it for when he's out of earshot?
Seth: Twig...
Twig: What? It's only polite to tell someone right in the face what we'll do behind their back.
Voice: Indeed that's true. Thank you Twig.
Twig: So get off your high horse and apologize, Seth.
Seth: What? But... Huh? But I was the one being-
Twig: Sorry Voice, he's new to this world.
Voice: I would not expect much from a ten year old yet anyway. Should he not be in school or something?
Twig: I doubt the Kingdom of... What? has any schools.
Voice: That explains why heroes are so stupid then.
Seth: Hey!
Twig: Yeah, I guess so.
Seth: You two sound like bitter old men.
Voice: That is what happens when you get older Seth. First you see the world as beautiful. Then you see its flaws. Then you see people abuse those flaws, blaming the system. And in the end all you can do is roll along with the punches.
Seth: Then I hope I will never get old!
Twig: Don't say that too hard Seth.
Seth: Why? Why am I not allowed to be frustrated about something grown ups always say to their children to keep their minds at ease? I have been fatherless my whole life and so far it has been one big disappointment when it comes to magic. Sure, I have a bat now and a mop that is always wet. But can I say that I have a rich and lively life? Hell no! All I have achieved so far is the knowledge to kill flamingos in bulk, squash some spiders and an engulf an old granny in flames.
Twig: Oh yeah, that granny. She was one tough cookie, Voice.
Voice: Ah, cobweb body armor?
Twig: Yeah...
Voice: How did you get through it?
Twig: Seth's "magic" fireball.
Voice: Oh? Impressive.
Twig: Also, Seth, your head's on fire.
Seth: ... Oh, that was not just the rage in my head?
Twig and Voice: Nope...
Seth: What was it?
Twig and Voice: A PIXIE!

Before Seth can even turn around, Voice and Twig witness monstrous flames that are currently feasting on the dead flamingo bodies Seth and Twig had left behind two days ago; and also most of the plantation is burning up and the flamingos that managed to survive the surprise attack, fly away in all directions from panic and fear. Voice, Twig and Seth all look up as a huge pixie flies above, casting a massive shadow upon them. It soars and flies in a circle, preparing itself for another attack. Seth hastily grabs his Mop of Wetness to extinguish the flames on his head.

Twig: Thanks for taking that fire damage Seth, elseway it would've killed me.
Voice: What is a pixie doing here in the first place?
Twig: I think it's here because of me...
Voice: Why?
Twig: Well... as I told Seth before, I have a quarrel with a pixie and it's been tracking me ever since. That's why I have been hiding in the woods for decades. The pixies couldn't find me there, especially since King Lacial has outlawed fire from burning living trees. But now I'm out in the open.
Seth: T.. T... That is a pixie?

Pixie 101. Pixies are huge creatures that rule the skies of the World of... What? They are strong, easily agitated treasure hoarders, and breathe fire. Don't confuse them with Dragons though. Dragons are little critters that are mostly harmless, fly through the forests with their friendly wings, and occasionally pull pranks on heroes and sometimes nick their shiny stuff. Class Dismissed.

Meanwhile at the Castle.
King Lacial: Oh look over there!
Servant: I am, my Liege. But the telescope on my back seems to get heavier by the second. Can't I stretch for a single minute?
King Lacial: No way! Seth is currently in battle with a pixie!
Servant: ... Isn't that a dragon?
King Lacial: No, that's a pixie. I'm one hundred percent certain!
Servant: Why? How?
King Lacial: Well, it's all very simple. You see, I was sitting in my throne room beholding my own Kingdom one day and I was suddenly surprised by an annoyed beaver!
Servant: Excuse me?
King Lacial: No, I'm telling it all wrong.
Servant: I thought so, it made no sen-
King Lacial: I was standing in my throne room, beholding my own kingdom while I was suddenly attacked by an annoyed beaver! No, that wasn't it either... I was standing in my throne room, defending my kingdom while I was suddenly attacked by a pack of pixies.
Servant: ...... I get the feeling you're getting there... slowly.
King Lacial: Me too! I was battling in my throne room, beholding my dead citizens that had sacrificed their lives to save mine while I was eating dinner and got suddenly interrupted by a hoard of angry true pixies. Yes, true pixies! Not true dragons, who claimed I was being very unfriendly towards them. So I tried to make peace with them, failed, they pledged to kidnap my princess and in a childish revenge I switched their names with dragon as a petty revenge.
Servant: ...
King Lacial: So accidentally that meant that the true dragon laws suddenly applied to the true pixies and vice versa, so they cleverly kidnapped the tower my princess was in. Something a huge, dumb true dragon would never come up with.
Servant: And those beavers..?
King Lacial: What beavers? I do not recall beavers. Don't get sidetracked Servant, and look at the fight that is about to unfold!
Servant: Am I really not allowed to stretch my legs?
King Lacial: Well, all right...
Servant: Thank you, my Liege.

And because of that we cannot report any more of the upcoming battle against the pixie in this chapter of Spellbent. Feel free to blame it on the Servant! Send him a hateful whisper if you like. He deserves it. How cruel can a Servant be, putting in such a selfish request that have the effect of keeping tons of readers in anticipation?
Servant: But-

NO! This is all YOUR fault Servant! No excuses! If you didn't stretch, everyone would know already what is happening instead of waiting for the next chapter. ALL because of YOU! And it's too bad too. I would have LOVED to know what is happening over there. I mean... It's a level 13 ten year old boy that faces a PIXIE of at least level 65. And do you have any idea how rare pixies are in the world? They became too popular due to their habit of hoarding treasure, so all the heroes killed off most of them for it. They're actually on the brink of extinction.
Servant: But-

No butts! I've had enough of you Servant. I'll mute you for the rest of this chapter, which is finished right now! All because Servant was too weak to endure one more second of carrying a near-weightless tool. That's what you are Servant, weaker and more useless than the tool you're carrying. You should be ashamed of yourself, and your family!

Anyway find out what happens next time in Spellbent!

0