The Fire of a Cold Heart
20 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fire Of A Cold Heart

In the desert at a little oasis filled with people, there was a small hut that held a girl who didn't know what emotions are or how to get them. The girl decided to explore, hoping to find her emotions since she has tried everything she knew. She packed up her belongings, and said goodbye to her neighbors, and headed South. In the desert, the wind was a dream, the dream of getting emotions. During the night she looked up and saw the mystical stars that are just out of reach. While she set up camp she did not notice but up in the sky, the constellations were twinkling in her favor. Two days passed and she felt like she was not getting anywhere because all she saw was a desert that goes on infinitely. Suddenly a raging wind wildly blew and in front of her there was a man who whispered to her, “ Little girl, what is troubling you?” 

 “I don’t have emotions and I am seeking them.” Then the man asked, “Why do you want emotions, little one?” She pondered and thought Why do I really want emotions? She realized why and replied to him “so I can finally feel what it is like to belong.” The man laughed loudly and said “My name is Hermes the Messenger of the Gods. Cross this desert and you will find what you seek.” After Hermes explained this, his figure grew hazy and started to disappear into the wind. The girl continued her journey South but little did she know that she was just a part of his larger plan. 

Three days later, she found a town named Rashka where the people welcomed her warmly despite her cold attitude. She went to a market that has many ripe smells of spices and other foods. After a while, she found a merchant that was selling traveling supplies. She looked at his wares and decided to buy some firewood for camping. Once the deal was done she asked him her greatest desire; how can she acquire emotions. The merchant replied with “Emotions are a fickle thing. If you seek them out they are less likely to feel real.” Even after hearing that the girl still did her shopping and continued her journey. During her journey, she thought about what he said but she still did not understand “Why does seeking something out make it harder to get?” she thought out loud. While she was pondering about this a torrent of wind appeared and blew harshly in her ears. Knowing that this was a sign of danger she went back to the town. 

After a day of rest, she continued her journey South. On the fourth day of traveling, she met a merchant who called her over. “What is it?” she asked coldly. The merchant’s smile did not falter at that statement and he replied “You seem troubled, do you need to buy something? I have many wares.” “No I don’t need anything,” she told the merchant “But do you know where to get emotions?” He laughed and says, “Emotions are born from our heart, so all you need to do is just follow your heart.” After he said that he started to walk away. The girl walked South silently thinking about what he had said but was utterly confused. My heart is in my chest so why would I follow it?

On the fifth day of traveling, while she looked at the stars that seem to poke holes in the black sky she tried to feel her heart. “It’s beating and warm but why does it feel so cold?” she wondered out loud. At this moment something extraordinary happened: the ground shifted by an inch. This alone would not be extraordinary but due to that shift a whirlpool of rough sand opened up from underneath her and she began to fall.

She fell for a long time but during this period nothing changed as she just kept on falling. All of a sudden, she could see the walls that surrounded her. They were just layers and layers of compacted sand but strangely enough, there were glowing blue crystals mixed in. After some period of time, she saw the walls getting closer, closer, and closer. When the walls get only a meter away she felt a spark appear in her heart. She was confused about what was happening. She felt something for the first time in her life but it was unpleasant!  After a while, she saw a cavernous cave of sand that was brightly lit by a huge collection of crystals on the walls. She closed her eyes and waited for the impact but it never came. Instead, she felt some strong arms catch her, which brought her to the ground softly. She opened her eyes and she saw Hermes with a grin on his face. When he spoke he said, “Little one go down this path and you will find what you want, but if you take the path heading up you will lose this chance.” After that, he gave her a piece of smooth wood that had his name on it. “This token will let me find you and allow me to take you home whenever you want..” While Hermes was saying this he hid a massive grin and thought If she follows the path she will find Hephaestus’ trial, I can finally deliver this prank letter when I pick her up. The girl did not know what was going on in his mind and asked: “I will call you if I need to but how will I get my emotions if I do?” “You won’t get them if you call me,” Hermes told her in a serious tone “You will stay the way you are until the day you die.”  After that Hermes' face turned into a wide grin and he said excitedly “ Anyway, I need to go and check on my prank I put on Zeus so have a great journey!”  Then he turned into the wind again, leaving the girl alone. The girl then decided to rest because of her stressful day. When she was laying down she saw that the ceiling resembled the night sky only with blue crystals instead of stars. She put her hand on her chest and felt her heart. My heart is still the same temperature but what is the spark I feel in there? While the girl was pondering what has happened to her heart she peacefully fell asleep with the fire crackling in the background.

The girl sat up awake when the crystals on the wall shone brightly in the morning. The girl decided to pack up her equipment and set off early. Two days later she discovered a tall ancient-looking ruin surrounded by many walls. The girl looked around but she saw that the ruin was the only way South. The girl approached the ruin and decided to investigate it. While she was exploring the ruin she noticed many old pieces of art and rusty weapons. As she reached the end of the ruin she discovered an old-looking ball of crystal that was compelling her to touch it. Unknowingly compelled to touch it the girl started to reach her hand out and brushed the ball with her hand. After she touched it, it shone many colors and her vision started to blur making her pass out. When she passed out she was living many lives that each held a certain feeling and message. Together these lives gave her a spark of emotion and a certain message, a message to live well. The girls’ final life ended and all the sparks in her cold heart lit on fire bringing her a whole new feeling. She felt every emotion she had ever wanted happiness, sadness, anger, pity, everything. When she woke up she heard a campfire crackling. When the girl started to get up a familiar voice boomed “How is it, finally getting your wish come true!” The girl looked over to see Hermes covered in dust while a mad hunched-over man yelled at him “Oii we are still not done, Hermes! Did you have to blow up my workshop!!” “Yes, I did Hephaestus. I am not called The Trickster for nothing. Did you see your face when you thought I gave you a love letter from Aphrodite!” Hermes said while laughing loudly. The girl, still confused at what just happened, told Hermes “ I realized something: emotions are just messages passing on a certain meaning, good or bad.” Hermes then adopted a surprised expression and declared, “ Oh my little Angelia you have passed my test. Throughout your journey, you might have not noticed it but you were carrying a message. The message to defy the impossible. Come with me and you can carry your message on until you feel that you have delivered it enough.” The girl, no Angelia, looked up at Hermes with a serious expression and softly whispered, “ I will follow you everywhere and deliver not just my message but everyone’s message. Every message is important, not just mine, it is unfair if only mine is shared.” Hermes smiled and said, “Good, follow me, and let’s go deliver messages.” While Angelia and Hermes started to leave, Hephaestus shouted “Hermes this is not the last you will hear of me!!!” Hermes laughed and took Angelia to places all over passing on messages. People have told stories of seeing a girl accompanied by a man delivering people’s messages.

This is the legend of Angelia the Goddess of Messages.

thank you for reading and sorry but I don't think I will be writing much so this is probably my only work

2