Chapter 0 – Prologue
68 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have always been regretting about what I said back then, on the day before I was killed.

On that day, when I decided to sleep in the deserted church, the statue of god began to shine brightly and moved towards me, saying I am the lucky few who will grant extraordinary power.

As I was an atheist, I never believe her one bit. But due to the empire's army closing in, almost everyone lost their sanity and became degenerated to doing criminal acts. Even the priests lost faith in gods. Thinking that the person in front of me was the same and pretending as an absolute being, I went with the flow and instead asked for a power that can charm all women to do perverted stuff with them. She agreed but because the power I want was too vague.

With the sleep deprivation overwhelming me, I just blur out what I was thinking back then. She inquired me for more details, but drowsiness defeated me and I was seconds away from falling asleep. Although my idea of the kind of power I desired was vague, she still gave me my blessing with her vision of power I want. Whispering beside my ear about my blessing before I passed out.

On the next day, I woke up with an intense pain striking in my chest. A priest from the church stabbed me. The insane priest continued to stab me while yelling about how he shall grant me salvation by ending my suffering, without needing to go through the hardship of fighting back against the imminent defeat.

As the blood bursting and flowing out from my body, I thought to myself...

What a dumb way to die.

But... As I was dying, I remembered her saying that I would die today. That's why I will still inherit my memories of yesterday and will enjoy my new life with my blessing.

Yes, that's right. Enjoying my new life with my blessing. This was the regret.

That was because...

The blessing I had was not what I wanted.

3