01. The final lost
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a regular day when people in the streets and cities were busy and the people worked normal everyday jobs. On January,12 2013 the first gate appeared in the middle highly populated city. The gate was unexpected and gigantic almost the size of a skyscraper towering over most cities and towns in the area. Monsters had come flying out from the gate at high speeds attacking anything that had been seen. Panic ensued as civilians tried to run forming a huge stampede of chaos as screaming could be heard of the people that had been snatched by the monsters flying ahead. Out of the chaos people beaming with different colored energy raised out the rubble and crowds  and began their attack on the monster. This was the birth of the worlds first hunters.

“You must be  Jules Walker” said a nurse wearing bright blue scrubs holding a clip board while walking into the poorly lit hospital room. ” My name is Saint Jolene and I will be your medic from today forward”. Ignoring her words Jules slowly rolled of onto the other side of the bed pulling the covers over her head. “It says you were diagnosed with a autoimmune disease that heavily affects your body and movement.” Still being meet with silence the medic continued on not wanting to upset the girl more than she already did.

Jules’s whole life or most she could remember was spent going in and out of different hospitals. Since her diagnosis her disease has only gotten worse as years went on. Her parents had died when she was 4 years old when the dungeon breaks first began, and the remaining  12 years she has spent bouncing from hospital to hospital. The  only family alive she had left was her older brother Griffin, who was a world renowned hunter and had always been hard working. Jules lived in solitude being only able to interact with the different nurses or saints that would brush her long curly dark brown hair that went to her knees or would try to give her different blessing to ease her pain. Jules was deathly frail with the her bones bulging into her skin. When the nurses first meet her they were surprised that she wasn’t pale due to her chestnut brown skin. Many different works in the hospital knew Jules and many refused to interact with her due to her overly sad nature. The only time Jules was truly happy was on the first Saturday of each month when Griffin would go and see her.

Waiting for her brother to come and see her Jules had been up all night slowly braiding her hair with her twig like fingers, but it didn’t bother her since her brother loved they way her hair looked and often times would play with it. It was already getting late into the night which was unusual for her brother who had always been a time aware person. Just assuming that he was caught up with work Jules had turned on the small 32 inch tv that was screwed into the hospital wall. The first channel that had come up was the news, which Jules had never really been interested in only watching action movies and teen dramas. When she went to change the channel the only thing on were different news channels all going on about what seemed to be the same thing. Out of curiosity Jules turned the volume up on the tv as the local news channel covered “S-CLASS HUNTER GRIFFIN WALKER HAS BEEN FOUND DECEASED IN S TIER DUNGEON RAID”. Jules’s heart sank to the bottom of her stomach. Not wanting to believe what the news anchor had just said she filmed through all the channels but they all covered the same story. Jules let out a gut wrenching scream that could be heard the the entire 4th floor of the hospital, which she was located. Saint Jolene who was in charge of that floor, rushed into the room. Seeing Jules with tears down her face and a snot filled nose, Jolene had glanced at the tv where she saw the same devastating news that would soon shock the entire world.

Jules two weeks after her brother passed had been visited by two men in all black suits who had just came from Griffin funeral which she was unable to attend. They had gave him the last of his belongs and informed on the will in money that was deposited into her account. Jules only gave a half hearted smile to the two men. She was exhausted not having sleep or talked much since hearing about the tragedy that took place. The man two her left, who was tall blonde and fair skinned, handed her a sealed envelope that had her name on it. “We worked with Griff a lot and he would talk about you nonstop” he said teary eyed. “Before he died he gave me this letter that he wanted me to deliver to you”. Jules took the letter from the man as the two of left room. Jules after the two men left open up the letter slowly and not wanting to rip want have been wrote. The letter was odd to her never seeing her brother write this much before. “ Dear sister,   I know I will be leaving you soon and I am sorry that I have failed you as a brother. There are people out they’re that seek destruction on will stop at nothing to hurt others. You might be weak now but do whatever you can to get stronger. Your life my be in danger.    -love Griff”. Reading this Jules felt nothing but anger and hatred. Griffin had been nothing but lovely to anyone he meet becoming one of the most beloved hunters in  the world. Jules could only assume that someone was behind all of this. After two weeks of sitting in bed crying Jules slid out of bed she had felt a pain of no other but she didn’t care. She had a goal and she was going to find out what happened to her brother and nothing would stop her.

……………………………………………………………

Thank you guys for reading this is my first time writing a web novel or anything like that. THANK YALL<3

1