(Ch.1 Vol.5) Caretaker, Sato-san.
168 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm home" I announce quietly to no one. On an olden day, My parents would greet me in front of the door with great joy. However, Because of the unstable economy, They can't work from home like before. "Time is money," They said. Unlike before, there isn't anyone home, except me. Still, I need to report to them once in a while. 

(Well, Life isn't bad) Though only to myself, I enjoy my alone time. With no friends or family around, I can technically do anything that I please. Though that may be the case, I didn't have much of a suppressed desire. Still, I catch myself eating cheese from the refrigerator from time to time.

*Beep* The water cattle rings. Avoiding heat, I put on gloves while reducing direct contact as much as possible. Downing in water for 5 minutes, Cup-noddle is now ready for appetite. Though simple, It's delicate and delicious, if it's done right. Still, some will call it, plain and discontented, however, this type will change their mind after just one slup. While marvelling at my creation, I move upstairs to my room.

"Hello-" Just like any other day, I start my live-steam. Though I don't hate doing it. I sometimes found myself trying to create excuses to cancel the session. Yet, Noone knew and accept with grace. However, Today is different. 

*ding-dong* After an hour of live-steaming in, My house's bell ring. Thinking it's my parents, I ignore the bell. My parents would sometime come home when I am still in my session. With that knowledge, They would just get in without acknowledgement of mine. With that said, This time, the bell continues to ring after the third try. 

"Sorry Onii-chan Onee-chan, Yuri will need to end this steam a bit earlier but Tomorrow will have a bit longer one, Is that ok?"  With the consent of my viewer, I end the session early. Clearing makeup and putting on house cloth, I answer the bell

"Yes Yes, What do you need?" Feeling annoyed, I open the door loudly and look at the guest with disgust.

"Oh Takahashi, Good evening." However, The guest isn't my parent or annoying neighbours but Sato Hiraku.

(What the hell is he doing here!!?) I scream in my mind. My body is getting hotter and hotter while my mind is in a daze. It has been 3 months since I started talking to Sato-san however, I still feel as frustrated as the first day. 

"WhA-T A-rE dOin-g hE-rE?" I ask shankingly with my blood at boiling point. 

"Ah, This would probably answer your question." He answers while handing me his phone. 

"Hello hello? Is Haruka there?" From the phone, there is a familiar sound of my father.

"Papa, What is the meaning of this!" Snatching his phone from Sato-san hand, I ask my father. 

"It's a long story but in short, Hiraku will be living with you as your caretaker." The voice from his phone shakes me to the core. 

(Living? Caretaker? Sato-san?) Slowly analyst the sentence, I catch its meaning. However, It's so hard to understand to the point, I can't catch its full meaning. 

"Well, Have your fun! And Hiraku, please take care of my daughter." Like that, the call is cut off. Sato-san, hearing the conversation, didn't look confused or flatter. His face, like before, didn't show any deep emotion. As usual,  Just a small smile and a pleasing face.

"Then, Takahashi-san, I, Hiraku, as your father will, shall be your caretaker from now on." Saying as It is obvious, He shakes my hand.

Sorry, For the short and late chapter. Yesterday, I need to meet with my doctor and look like, I catch Covid-19. Haha, long story short, I need to be at the hospital for a while and just have time to write this chapter.

Well, Thank you very much for reading and hope you read the next one. 

6