Mind Your Heart Chapter 4
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei has arrived at school, as have many other students. The sound of footsteps is like a heartbeat in her ears. As she made her way to class, she found the students' chatter amusing, enough to take her mind off of some things such as the incident that occurred yesterday.

She couldn't sleep because she was thinking about what had happened. It is surprising and unreal that she overcame her fear. It wasn’t like this as she had only been ignoring it and hadn’t been in that similar situation for a long time. She ignored it in the end because it was only causing her anxiety and continued on her way.

“You’re early today.” A voice greeted her as she was about to take her seat.

When she looked up, she noticed a man waving his hand at her. She came to a halt, her face expressionless.  Wait! She knows this guy. Well-built physique, brown eyes.

 

 

“-san! Yamamoto-san!”

When Rei turned around, he noticed the guy from earlier. "Eh? How did you know my name?"

“Huh? Why wouldn’t I? We’re in the same class. It's been four months since school began. You should know the names of your classmates by now.”

“Am I required to do that?”

"Well, no," he replied, dumbstruck.

“Are you perhaps a stalker?” Rei replied, covering her chest and backing away slightly.

“N-no, I’m not! Then I’ll tell you my name in exchange.”

"Not necessary, really"

“It’s Yashima. Mikito Yashima” he expressed endearingly. “And could you pay more attention to your surroundings,” he added.

Rei stared at him silently. “You know what?” she says after a brief pause. “It’s like Schrodinger’s cat. You won’t really know what’s going on unless you pay attention to it.”

“Shortginger what?”

“Ok, Miggy, whatever.”

“It’s Mikito!” he insisted. “Anyway, about yesterday I’d like to-“

RRRRING!!!

Rei picked up the phone “Oh, Yuta?”

“Are you coming tonight?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, don’t forget to follow the dress code,” Yuta informed her. “It’s a cocktail celebration for opening my café,” he added.

“Yeah, no way!”

“HEY!”

BEEP.

Jeez, he’s so tiresome, she thought to herself.

She looked at Mikito, motioned that she’s leaving, and walked away.

Mikito was left standing there, dumbfounded. “What’s up with her?”

 

 

 

It was the night of the party. When Rei arrived, the guests had already begun to eat. Yuta greeted her with disgust.

“Plain shirt and jeans, really?”

Rei returned a pout as she placed her arm on her elbow. “It’s more comfortable.”

"Seriously," Yuta said, placing his hand on his brow. “Don’t act cute with me”

“I’m not! I can’t help it that it’s natural.”

Yuta glared in disgust. “Just come in.”

After escorting the lady to her seat. They began chatting.

“So, how do you find university life. You adjusting okay?”

"I guess it's fine," Rei said as she caressed her arm and looked down.

Yuta hissed at her. “Sheesh. Don’t give me that.”

“…”

Yuta exhaled a sigh. "Well, I guess I'm sorry I'm only now catching up with you. I had a lot of work to do for my café. I'm also working on my internship."

"Really? You're already working an internship?" she asked as she sipped her drink.

Yuta smiled and nodded. “By the way, how was the café?”

“You stood me up remember?”

Yuta grinned, a guilty grin on his face.

“Oh, my goodness!” She leaned back in her seat and rested her hand on her chin. “I like it. I like the rustic look. And you seriously need more staff.”

“Yeah, I know. That’s why I interviewed some applicants this week.”

"Don't forget about the menu. You need more. Are you sure it's a cafe and not just your grandma's place where she serves me coffee and desserts whenever I visit?”

"Are you serious? " Yuta said, glaring at Rei.

Rei sipped her drink.

“If you like, you can come visit again and we’ll talk about it.”

“So long as you show up this time.”

“It’s settled then. So going back to the question, how are you doing on campus?”

“Mhm. My driver picks me up and drops me off everyday.”

“What about your classes?”

“Everything is going smoothly. I’m smart you know,” she said smugly as she tapped her head.

“Indeed,” he chuckled. “Then, have you joined any clubs yet?”

“Nope. Isn’t it too late? I did get an invitation.”

“What did you say?” He leaned forward facing Rei. “What club is it?” Yuta continued, his expression indicating his curiosity.

“I haven’t said anything yet. I’m still thinking about it. It’s Community Building something I think”

“What kind of name is that?” he questioned in reluctance. “I say, go for it. You have my full support!” he continued.

“Don’t just decide that on your own.”

“Seriously, though. I think that’d be great for you. You should pay them a visit.”

“Isn’t it too late?”

“I don’t think so. If it’s the club I’m thinking, they accept applicants anytime and then train them once they pass.”

“I don’t know. We’ll see” Rei sighed as she leaned over the table.


 

 

Announcement
Hello, sorry for only posting a chapter now. I've been busy with uni and stuff. Also, I'd like to announce a slight change. In the previous chapter Mikito's eye color was mentioned when it should have been. This is now fixed. In this chapter, the eye color was also mentioned for Rei to recognize him. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
0