Kyln
688 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nagato's eyes couldn't budge from the scenery outside. Though his face remained impassive, somewhat exhausted, he truly hadn't predicted to be greeted by such an out worldly scene.

Hundreds of enormous craters spread through the territory, occupying outlandish creatures of gigantic sizes. There was no grass around the area, not a single bit of greenness. Nagato took a deep breath, feeling the hefty air filled with smog.

"Keep going!" One soldier struck Nagato with the stern of his gun. He didn't seem to appreciate the death of his friends that much. Wonderful.

Nagato walked down the steps leading to the entrance of the building, his head full of thoughts. His previous estimate of Tesseract's power seemed to have been incorrect, for it didn't seem that he was on earth anymore. A force that allowed its user to travel to different worlds. Truly spectacular.

'It's a pity I should restrict myself from using it.' Nagato eventually was pushed into a strange-looking ship, accompanied by many soldiers; the captain including.

"Remove his clothing. Check for any weapons." The captain ordered, walking firmly towards the ship's cabin. As he disappeared, the soldiers ripped Nagato's clothing apart.

Hundreds of black rods stuck out from the aggregate of his body. Some bars fell to the ground together with the clothing, forcing the soldiers to grip their weapons tightly in alarm. "What the hell are you?" One warrior mumbled, pointing his gun at Nagato.

"I am a human," Nagato answered, glancing down at his hands. Perhaps in their eyes, he didn't look the perfect resemblance of a human, especially with those eyes. What would they do if they saw Orochimaru?

"Why are you all standing like you have seen a ghost? Get to work." The captain soon returned from his cabin, noticing the soldiers paling visibly. His eyes visibly shook when he saw Nagato's body. He gulped deeply, trying to pretend as if the scene did not affect him. "Remove these rods."

Nagato glared at him. It actually took him quite some time to create these, but it was a renewable resource. The soldiers collected the bars, and some of them frowned at the touch. Power was leaving their bodies at a rapid pace.

"We have received an order from Nova Corps." The captain said, causing all the soldiers to retract their attention from the bars. "We are going to place him into Kyln."

-

Drax the Destroyer felt a fire burning from within him. He sat in the corner of his prison cell, feeling the wall's coldness caressing his bare skin. Yet, the stalwart fire of vengeance didn't diminish from his heart. How much longer did he have to wait until he could meet Ronan face to face? How much longer did he have to suffer?

Drax glanced out of the cell, noticing a few prisoners causing a commotion. He stood up, then promptly jumped from the fence. He landed sturdily against the floor as everybody stopped moving.

"Fight me!" Drax shouted loudly, rushing towards the three prisoners who were fighting aggressively. He grabbed one by the forehead, shoving him onto the table. The other two didn't even dare to charge, fastly withdrawing to their cells.

Drax sighed. The fire inside of him subsided somehow, though it was just for a bare moment. Fighting and hurting others was the only way he could stop thinking about revenge. Otherwise, he just felt like he was wasting time.

"Everyone! Go back to your cells immediately!" A bunch of Xandar soldiers rushed into the building, keeping their weapons pointed at the prisoners. Drax, though reluctantly, obliged the puny warriors.

Still, it was strange. They have caused little of a commotion for the soldiers to step in... Drax suddenly smiled. Unless someone powerful was to be conveyed into the prison, officers wouldn't be dispatched.

"Don't cause any trouble." The captain of the Xandar deputies stepped forth, signaling the mysterious prisoner to follow. Drax was also captured by this person, though that was only because of the absolute difference in numbers.

"The Nova Corps will interrogate you when they have enough time. For now, dwell in this place." The captain's words landed as a newcomer stepped beside him. Drax regarded him with curiosity. However, he soon just sighed. This person looked like a kid with that skinny body. Drax could snap him in half if he wanted to.

"Disappointing." Drax shared one last glimpse at the novice when suddenly he locked gazes with him. Weakness filled Drax's legs, for he felt like looking at the death itself.

'This feeling...' Drax pushed the Xandar officers away from him, his face growing red. Deadly memories filled his head as veins popped through the entirety of his body. That demeanor Nagato was giving off - it reminded him of Ronan. Repulsive.

"What the hell do you think you are looking at!" Drax rushed past the officers, ignoring their shouts. Madness overwhelmed his mind. In Drax's eyes, Nagato transformed into no one else than Ronan himself.

"Who are you?" Nagato easily dodged Drax's first punch, yet he frowned inappreciably. Why couldn't he just rest for some time? Why was it that he got into arguments everywhere he went?

Drax didn't pay the enemy's words no heed, continuing on to punch into the air. True, the power behind his fists was impressive, but he was notably slow.

"I asked you..." Nagato scowled further, a hint of anger visible in his expression. Dodging yet another blow, Nagato grabbed the robust man by the jaw and looked him straight in the eyes. "Who are you?"

Suddenly, Drax felt tiny. His vision turned black completely as the words echoed a few times in his head. Two gigantic, purple eyes appeared in front of him, demanding a response.

Drax opened his mouth to answer, but his throat felt dry. Before he could even understand what happened, Drax already fell to the ground. His body didn't move.

"This... Was Drax the Destroyer just defeated?" One prisoner opened his mouth wide, and all the others followed. No one could believe their eyes, even the soldiers.

Drax ruled the prison for over three months already. The soldiers couldn't stop him if he was unwilling to do something, yet now - he was lying unconscious on the cold floor. The strangest thing, however, was that no one even understood how Drax got defeated.

At that moment, all the prisoners shivered.

A new monster appeared in Kyln.

16