Disperse!
313 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doctor Strange kept on running, despite his grave injuries. He plunged toward the staircase, seeing a body laying on the ground. It was enveloped in blood.
“No...” Stephen fell onto his knees, right next to the trembling body of the Ancient One. He scanned her body thoroughly, yet his heart sunk at the sight. The injuries were too grave, they couldn’t be treated by simple surgery.
“Stephen, there is no need to even try.” The Ancient One spoke quietly, weak because of the loss of blood. “I have seen this scene before. Such is the fate of mine.”
“So you are just going to die like this? What about Dormammu? How are we going to deal with him without your help?” Stephen asked, his mind brainstorming through any ideas on how to save this woman.
“Stephen, listen to me.” The Ancient One looked deeply into Stephen’s eyes, her eyes conveying immeasurable pity. “You can deal with Dormammu on your own, especially with the help of this stone.”
The Ancient One, using the last bits of her strength, released the Time Stone out of her necklace. Stephen, though somewhat reluctantly, took it into his palm.
“You are the best of us, Stephen, but you still have to use Time Stone with responsibility. It’s the key to defeating your enemies.” The Ancient one felt her voice growing stale, her body becoming cold.
“Can I bear this responsibility?” Stephen mumbled, as if asking this question himself.
“You can.” The Ancient One relaxed her muscles, consciousness slipping away. “In the future, you will have to face a far greater enemy. Whether his plans turn into reality will largely rely on the choice you make.”
With that, The Ancient One closed her eyes. Stephen kept his gaze locked on her body as he grasped the stone. A greater enemy?
-
Nagato looked through the window, regarding the whole town from above. The entire city shone with bright colors, making the gloomy night more vivid. Tony Stark tower was also visible from this place.
“Andrew, did you find any information?” Nagato turned around as he was greeted by the sight of four people. The twins, Andrew and Bucky - all present. Neither of them said anything, only regarded each other with curiosity.
“I have looked through the surveillance cameras all around the area, and Hydra is constantly searching for the signs of that monster,” Andrew answered, leaning against the sofa. “However, we just can’t get access to some places, as if some force influences them.”
Nagato nodded.
“You said nothing about being part of the Hydra.” Pietro changed the topic, his eyes moving towards his sister.
“I am not a part of it,” Nagato replied, turning back around to face the city. “I am the one controlling it.”
The twins still didn’t seem content with such an answer. However, Andrew, who appeared to pay little heed to those two, interrupted them. “Still, it’s quite a creature Stark has created. Artificial intelligence, which can exist on the internet itself, can be a threat to entire humanity...if it has evil intentions.”
“And it does.” Wanda retorted from the side, her eyes growing uncomfortable. “Stark never cared for the people surrounding him... he simply wants to be in control of everything.”
Nagato glanced at Wanda, noting the anger visible in her expression. It seemed that at any moment she would break, and that’s what made Nagato delighted. The plan would ultimately succeed.
“Anyway, I guess we won’t find him until he creates some disturbance,” Andrew noted, taking a seat next to a computer. Honestly, he wasn’t the best in using technology, but his team back in Shield sure was.
Nagato nodded, inspecting the Stark Tower in the distance. A disturbance... Why would that robot ever create a disturbance? What could his plans possibly be? To destroy the Avengers? No... that was definitely a lie.
‘If I were to have to face a dangerous enemy... The first thing I would do is to try to become stronger,’ Nagato thought, his eyes suddenly beaming with resolution. ‘Mind Stone...’
“He is going to create a more powerful body by using the Mind Stone.” Nagato suddenly said, drawing the eyes of everyone to him. Confusion was apparent in their eyes, but it didn’t take long before they conjectured his words. How did they not think of this?
“The first thing he is going to is to try to find a material powerful enough to withstand constant battles,” Nagato said, looking through the window. “Then he will try to find a way to fuse that material with the Mind Stone so that his new body will become especially powerful.”
“Damn... is intelligence also a part of your powers?” Andrew asked.
“This is just an assumption,” Nagato turned around to face all of them. “I can very well be wrong.”
“Hardly.” Pietro joined the conversation. “This seems exactly what a crazy robot would do. I mean, that’s what usually happens in the movies.”
Nagato didn’t laugh nor have any reaction to Pietro’s joke, making him quiet down a bit. “Andrew, find anyone capable of making Ultron’s goals a reality.”
Andrew sighed, then began to violently tap the keyboard. The twins assumed Andrew specialized in technology, however, that was far from the truth. They are yet to know about his powers.
“Honestly, there quite a few people capable of such feat. Helen Cho, who specializes in nanotechnology, or Bailey Crispian, her teacher. Tony Stark also could do something like this, but the Avengers protect him.” Andrew leaned back against the chair, looking at Nagato. “Honestly, if I had to choose, Bailey would be the most probable target since he has the most experience.”
“Very well,” Nagato replied, brooding. Honestly, it still wasn’t a definite fact that Ultron would come after any of them, but that’s all the information they had at the moment. “For the next three days, I will observe Bailey’s movements. Wanda is going to do the same for Helen, and Pietro, your target is Stark.”
“If you meet Ultron, the first thing you do is inform me.” Nagato finished explaining his plan as everyone nodded. Honestly, it was more of a gamble and none of the information was definite. Nagato hated operating on pure assumptions, but that was all they could do right now. “Soldier, you go with Pietro and make sure he doesn’t suddenly attack Stark. Remember, the sooner I get the stone, the sooner I will help you deal with Avengers.”
Everyone nodded once again.
The operation began immediately.

8